It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS To Cover Inauguration 2009! LIVE FEED???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have to ask if you would please consider acquiring Press Passes and covering the inauguration celebration with a live feed? Imagine Dave and Johnny even Springer in on the action, conducting interviews and giving us the real deal on the events of the day including the after parties.

Why would anyone want to watch anything else? The msm will cover it with the usual commercial interruptions and classic spin, but we could do it in the same style as we did the Revolution!

Please consider, I would simply LOVE to watch from the comfort of our forum, and to join chat (all rooms would have to be opened for the night) to make comments and stream questions to our staff for the interviews.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You will have to wear either the classic ATS logo shirts, black of course, or go with Tuxedos my personal choice with ats ball caps and dark glasses.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That would be cool, but kind of short notice. Setting up a live video/audio coverage on a streamed media is not as simple as plugging in some microphone and webbiecam into a laptop. You need a production crew, production facilities to properly have video and audio abilities, a link from that production truck to an internet connection feeding an online server with a very large capacity and using a medium that is most supported across the various platforms of OS's and browsers..which the best would be Flash.

Its doable, but not sure there is enough time to assemble and arrange such an endeavor.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Right! However I have tremendous respect for the crew we have and Johnny's ability to get er done!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I also have faith. But being a broadcast engineer for over 20 years and know exactly what it takes to do a live coverage of an event like the inauguration, takes alot more than just two or three guys behind a microphone doing mp3 file shows, no disrespect intended or trying to say they couldnt make it happen.

But if its gonna be done, it should be done right.

You need at least 3 hi-end or broadcast quality cameras, 1 for the 3 reporters, 1 for close up shots of the inauguration itself, and 1 for wide shots. You need a production switcher and audio mixer, with a technical director for the video switcher, and an audio director for the audio mixer, 3 people to man the cameras, a floor director, grip personel, engineers to wire it all up and make it work, lease time off a satellite to link up to home base or to an internet connection where your encoder will receive the signal from the production truck, feeds that signal out to the main server that everyone links to, using a format that is most compatiable..ie streaming FLV or flash, and someone at the server end to make sure the connection from the live unit remains solid.

Its basically the same thing as a major news network coverage of an event, except your not feeding an on air transmitter, your feeding an online server. But the front end of it is the same, and requires alot of planning, equipment, and the personel to fill in each required position to make it all happen.

It would be great to see ATS/BTS out there with all those major networks and be in the front lines of coverage. Its an excellent idea and is plausible.

Maybe it will happen.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 14-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Is it possible that ATS has this kind of set up ready to go? I have no idea, however what if a major sighting happens at some point in the future say over the White House, wouldn't we want to be there on the spot in a timely manner?

Lets face it, the reason that sites like ours are becoming the one stop choice for alternative as well as breaking news stories is because of the public scrutiny and accountability found only on the WWW. Even my 93 year old Grandpa is sick to death of the main stream spin.

The future is going to see a huge rise in commentary, discussion and interaction with its news sources. No longer do people accept at face value the propaganda being sent out on the old networks who could learn a thing or two from what the people want nowadays and they want truth.

The Msm went as far as to double speak what the people want, fair and balanced unbias reporting, but we all know that is far from their level of operation.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
sadly we won't be covering it but I plan on talking to a friend of mine who will be there as a guest of the white house. He'll be at the ball as well.

I'm trying to get him to give us a report of sorts but, given his position as an elected official who is hoping to rise in the ranks, I highly doubt he's going to give me anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I can put on my ATS hat/shirt and walk around taking some pictures if you like.
If they try to "Guantanamo" me I can mention staff names right?

Truth is the TV is going to be the best place to watch the thing even here in DC. Of the millions of people they expect only a small minority will have a good view. The rest are watching it on big screens set up on the periphery.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

my friend is only going to better his contacts and connections. His wife is staying home and he would too - better to sit and watch in the warm cozy livingroom than to stand outside in the ice cold wind.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I can put on my ATS hat/shirt and walk around taking some pictures if you like.

Oh, do that! Get pics of yourself with meaningful backgrounds and post them here!

You dog! I'm so jealous!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder with the stringent rules set up in place if they will even allow private cameras flashing off? And if there was to be unrest will they want people with video camera and cell phones catching it? Maybe, who knows.

Still and all Crakeur it would be advantageous to at least ask your friend for a phone call during the event to let the thousands of ATS members who you are a leader towards, feel a bit special on this momentous occasion.

There will come a time when the Internet will be his best friend if like you say he is interested in rising in the ranks. ATS is not in the business of being the best kept secret on the web. Be proud and speak up for the integrity which we represent, most of the time...

I am sorry to hear we will not be able to do a live feed, it would have brought us tons of publicity and sponsors. Not to mention allowed our ATSmix to be an integral part of the most historic Inauguration Ceremony in US History.

Plus I wanted to see the guys dressed up in Tuxedos and forget the Gala Ball, I want to see the parties on the street and local bars as well as the Celebrity Parties.

LOL, Just ask mrwupy where I would have cameras and interviews set up if I was to step in. Really.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by antar]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Maybe for future possibility, and with the move for ATS to have its own media outlet and video/audio channels as discussed in the other thread, ATS could have its own version of a news program and channel..ATSNews.

I think it would be a huge success! Have members submit news stories, be the "out in the field" style reporters making their own news clips on video and submitting them to run on the news channel, everything just like the majors, except not the major's biased and controlled method of reporting news.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Good thinking, but you know it would have to have a core news team, and have members submit segments for consideration. If it ran for say one hour per day, they could set it up to hit on the top five discussions from the board with a 3 to five minute review of each. The breaking news would be an important block and wrap it up with an interview from professionals at the end. Do it in the style of the current ATSmix and we would have sponsors knocking down the door to get in. Advertise Worldwide coverage in at least 23 countries and the ads would begin to show profit very soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
it would be advantageous to at least ask your friend for a phone call during the event to let the thousands of ATS members who you are a leader towards

my pinky just moved up to the corner of my mouth

I will be calling him but I don't want to annoy him or get him into any trouble. There's an ambassadorship in there for me one day.

to say I know the skeletons would be an understatement.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I did not mean to insinuate that profit would be the main focus, but without it, the team would not be able to become mobile for events like the one in the OP. Not to mention Worldwide coverage is going to cost money and loads of it to do it right.

What the main focus would be is to create a worldwide network of like minded individuals who are dissatisfied with MSM and want more truth in reporting. The Deny Ignorance Motto is going to fly and our truly unbiased coverage will have people just thirsting for our broadcast daily.

We could even have a ticker at the bottom which throws out the Website address between the forum topics which are on the main page. If I were watching it and saw threads of interest, after the show I would log on to read them and post comments.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Great! I can see the perfectly manicured pinky as I type...

Understand about the not wanting to be pushy, or sheer your sheep before its bought. So if during the course of conversation you have a chance, you could say something like, "I wanted to let you know that I have had requests from members of my site to get a phone interview from you while at the Gala, you know kind of let them feel like they are part of the biggest event in US history." "Of course I have not said who you are or anything about our friendship, but..." well I dont know, dont blow something in the future for a few minutes of enjoyment on our accounts *sniffle*. An excited call from someone at the most over the top A list party of the Century could be overlooked I suppose...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

LOL, Just ask mrwupy where I would have cameras and interviews set up if I was to step in. Really.

I know from experience, we'd have upskirts of Michelle Obama.

The rest of the MSM would be yelling at the ATS crew, "Will you please get the hell out of the way?"

I'm serious!

I just don't see this as a viable idea. It would be nice but I can assure you, with out the proper press credentials we wouldn't get within a mile of this event. The proper press credentials require the approval of the secret service.

I can see it now:

"Hello, we're with ATS and we'd like a front row seat to the inauguration. We report on UFO's, the NWO and how Barky is actual a reptile in disguise."

The Secret services response:

BAM, BAM, BAM...RATATTTTTAATTTTT...BOOOMMM.....

And our reporters get sent home in little pieces.

It's a good thought, but we're probably stuck with the Tele,

Just my thoughts,

wupy

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

ATS could have its own version of a news program and channel..ATSNews.

Now now children, lets not get ahead of ourselves...
that's the old MSM approach; not really what we want around here is it?

The beauty of the internet is the potential for anyone and everyone to be the front line reporter. Lots of input from an unlimited variety of sources -- no one group or entity gets to impose their bias or agenda.

The ATS guys are just the moderators of the whole thing - enabling the raw news to be made available to everyone, and filtering out only a minimalist amount of crazy stuff like hate speech.
I would not want ATS actually producing the news, no matter how alternative they are at the moment.
Besides, it might wreck their karma.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The media is literally doing round the clock coverage of it, some starting the whole day before, all live. I've never seen this kind of coverage for a enthronement, er, inauguration before. It rivals what the Queen of England got when she was crowned.

Its well known ATS leans significantly to the left, but by covering this there would simply be no doubt. Its best to keep some shred of impartiality.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I did say they can create the program to not be like the MSM...I know I wrote that in there somewhere.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

join