It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns Gaza of escalation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Israel warns Gaza of escalation

news.bbc.co.uk

Israel has dropped leaflets on the Gaza Strip warning residents that it is to escalate its military action.

There is speculation the leaflets may mean Israel will adopt new tactics in its battle with Palestinian militants.

On Saturday, Israel attacked dozens of Hamas targets, including what it says were rocket-launching sites, weapons stores, and smuggling tunnels.

Meanwhile, Hamas militants have fired several rockets at Israeli towns, injuring two Israelis in Ashkelon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This might very well be Phase III as per defined by the Israeli military. The first phase consisted of aerial bombardments, while the second phase consisted of enter Gaza with ground troops. Phase III means that IDF forces will enter Gaza city and the dirty work will start. House-to-house fights will take place, which certainly is gonna take many more lives on both sides. However, the number of IDF soldiers killed in action will especially increase greatly if this happens.

On Dutch TV they said that the Israelis built an exact copy of a Palestinian city to train for urban warfare. The troops who are now in Gaza have been training in that city two weeks ago. They furthermore said yesterday that Israel was likely to decide within 24hrs whether troops would withdraw or not. They have 50,000 reservists at the border of Gaza who are likely to go in today or tomorrow.

Things are gonna get really nasty now.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sorry from double posting, I will support your thread...

Huh, huh...
- UN resolution is devastated
- Truce is no option
... Bombing continues. Where does it end - or does it?

This just came up, and every time that these leaflets has been in the air, then bombing has started just hour after...

Today we have also webcam there, thanks to op, but who wants to see it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
- As much it will suffers me, I will... Terrible killing show continues!

And there are few news witch truly related to this situation now... To wider escalation. And dont think that world doesnt recognize the facts in here. ( If I would be USrael citizen anywhere in earth, I would be scared for personal impacts - rage and hate what is raising... )

US plans massive arms delivery to Israel

www.presstv.ir...

US congress votes to back Israel

english.aljazeera.net...

- USA make revolution today, save your asses tomorrow?

Ron Paul voted no - I am not religious guy, but thank god from that man!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

In September, the US Congress approved a plan to sell Israel 1,000 bunker-buster bombs, of the Guided Bomb Unit-39 (GBU-39), that use GPS to find their way and are able to penetrate deep fortified constructions, such as Iran's nuclear facilities.

Was this simply bad timing in the part of the US Congress or was this part of a strategy to pull the US into the war in the Middle east first taking sides with Israel, against the will of the American Public?

Seems as if they should place a hold on the shipments until Israel heeds the UN warning to back out of Palestine.

This is crazy, keep an eye on the situation OP. S@F for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hmmm if it does escalate,what are the chances of hezbollah joining in and giving israel a bloody nose? I wonder what *escalation* means exactly also.. four digit numbers of civilians dead instead of three? hezbollah have been stocking up for quite a while,im pretty sure they are not for ornamental purposes.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Hmmm if it does escalate,what are the chances of hezbollah joining in and giving israel a bloody nose? I wonder what *escalation* means exactly also.. four digit numbers of civilians dead instead of three? hezbollah have been stocking up for quite a while,im pretty sure they are not for ornamental purposes.

If you read my post, you see that the next stage contains urban warfare in Gaza city, or rather: direct confrontation with Hamas and house-to-house fights. Although Israeli troops are probably the most experienced and best urban warfare troops in the world, heavy losses are unavoidable.

GAZA, Jan 10 (KUNA) -- Several Israeli soldiers were reportedly killed early Saturday in northern Gaza Strip by activists of Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of Islamic Jihad.

Since MSM cannot enter Gaza, we solely rely on the IDF for death numbers. So far they've reported 10 soldiers died until the 9th, while yesterday and today several more have been killed.

I think that if it really comes to urban warfare in Gaza city, we'll could easily see similar numbers to the Lebanon 2006 conflict in which 1200 Lebanese civilians died and over 100 IDF troops.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This article was posted by me earlier.

not a one line post

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Can you offer your link... Thank you!

top topics

join