It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out the night sky... (I will try to post evidence of the star activity)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I just posted this on a thread I started eons ago... but wanted to post a new thread because there is something going on.

OMG you should check out the night sky.

For the last two nights, I have seen stars move around.

It is eerie. A very bright star that 'lives' in the same spot is to the left of my house moved right in front of my eyes.

1. Farout, I went to the shop and when I was driving back home (the road is way way to the left of my house and the star) and I looked up and directly in front of me was the bright star. I was like BS... 'that star is the bright one to the left of my house'... so I look over to where the star usually is and it isn't there.
There are lots of little twinkles but big bright stars like this one... there aren't that many.

I get onto the Esplanade (where my house is) and the star was beside me...then it vanishes. I look in front of me to see where the star normally is and its not there. (It was not a cloudy night either!)

Then I pull into my drive way and get out of my car. I walk out the front of my house and I watch the bright star that is always in the same spot just appear and shine very brightly.

??????

2. I am in my bedroom and I wake up at 5 am in the morning. The curtains are open and I just ly in bed looking out my window at the stars. I do this for ages because I want to see the night sky slowly disappear with the sunrise.

Well, I focus on the stars to the left on my house. I look and there is three stars in a line. As the sun comes up, I saw the little star in the middle just go for a walk. That is what is seemed to do. As if a star can move horizontally like that when all the other stars are staying where they are? I ended up having my head out of my window watching this little star move.

????

All I can say, is check out the night sky... watch it because there are some weird things going on.

EDIT:
My camera isn't very good. I have tried taking photos but they are not clear and the majority of the time, they are dark. OK, so how the pff do I get some good shots?
I don't have a video cam... urgh... I will set up my old nikon with zoom lense and just click click click and include details so you can see the time pic taken.

Any good surveliance suggestions?

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Thurisaz]

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Interesting...I saw some people also posting some observances about the moon and the blue glow hue that seems to be coming from it.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ya there is some weird stuff going on right now, no doubt I am currently taking some pics of a star that I have known to "live" in the same spot every night but as of late it has been flashing between red and orangeish white, I'll post pic's as I can.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ok i am going to set up my Nikon SLR (I have heaps of lenses etc) Just found out I can use a T adapter to fit a telescope. Wont record a video but will take pics...but I am not sure if the T will suit my celestrom...

anyone tried this before?

??

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
ok i am going to set up my Nikon SLR (I have heaps of lenses etc) Just found out I can use a T adapter to fit a telescope. Wont record a video but will take pics...but I am not sure if the T will suit my celestrom...

anyone tried this before?

??

To get a good enough exposure i would recomend using a lense of at least 400 to 600 mm focal lenght. Another great addition is the use of a tripod to keep the sensor stable. And laslty, the benefit of using a tripod allows you to record a longer exposure, which im sure you know.

Set your shutter speed to around -10 or lower and open your aperture as wide as the lense will allow. Recording movment in the stars benefits greatly from a long exsposure thus resulting it what might turn out to be an image of the star moving, in other words it will be seen as a tracer......if you get what i mean?

Hope this helps you. Good luck and i look forward to seeing the results

IP

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You should find out exactly where you are seeing these things in the night sky by using stellarium (I think thats how its spelt) and let us know where it is... we might be able to look in the same location and see this phenomena also!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've been seeing a greenish glow around the moon. It's as if the moon is "poisoned".

It's pretty weird to look at.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
i have to admit there is this insanely bright star to the left of my house that i have been keeping an eye on for some time now. . .
i couldn't tell you anything more as i am hopeless at astronomy, but some nights i just CANNOT get over the shine of this thing!!
i've also seen stars flash different colours (that are obviously in the same place every night - not exactly a plane..) and stars that seem to move slowly across the sky - i was extremely curious at first but then figured i could have been a plane or something of that nature anyway. . . although they seemed further away and lower than what a plane might fly - and there were no lights flashing such as there would be if it were an aircraft. .

but, in general i'm very intrigued. i enjoy nothing more than watching the night sky.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
hah man i miss the warm days, i used to kick back outside watching stars move around all night. most are satellites though, but there's all kinds of activity happening up there.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Hi.
I saw a strange light in the sky only last night,which at first i thought must have been a helicopter,as the light from it was incredibly bright.

However,this light stayed in a fixed position for roughly 3 hours,but i found it unlikely that a helicopter would hover in one spot for so long,which led me to believe that it must have been a star (maybe Venus),but the next time i looked out the object had gone!

We had a mega full moon last night and as you know,when the Moon is so bright,it takes away a lot of the luminosity of the other stars up there,but this object was as bright as the moon itself!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
this thread is all about the subject...

please keep looking up, as many people who notive theese "moving stars" as many people will KNOW something is going on... mind you sometimes you will spend the night not getting any sightings, sometimes numerous you will get..

Starlike objects that move strangely in the sky

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Venus is very big in the night sky right now, and is aligned with Jupiter and the Moon in a rather marvellous display. There was a conjunction of the Moon and Venus on, I think, Dec 23. That's probably got something to do with all the excitement.

But no, no stars are moving. Any more than normal, I mean.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think Astyanax is on the money.

Perhaps this will clear up some of the confusion?

www.skyandtelescope.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've mentioned it before, we have one at least here where i am that bobs up and down, in and out, it swings, and does a number of tricks.

The police dont want to hear it. They say they've had millions of reports now.

No duh! we know they cant do anything about it, but we also called the coast guard, as it is just above the Nantucket harbor and they also said they dont know what it is.
case closed.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would recommend EVERYONE go to STELLARIUM Download the FREE software.

Then go to HEAVENS ABOVE (not a download)

Then plug in your location and it will show you what you see in the skies, at your location and time.

I think if everyone did this, there would be fewer misunderstandings of what we are seeing in the skies above us

[edit on 1/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
^^ I wish more people would follow that advice, but we have some members here who seem to be hard of hearing... I guess it goes with the territory! A star for you greeneyes...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
For those members that believe that they have seen something other than a planet, or star, go to:
www.nuforc.org...

There, you can actually report your incident. In addition, you can look at monthly lists of ufo reports. On the home page, under Data Bank, click on Report Database. It will take you to a page, where you can select the type of report you wish to see. You can choose to see a report by date(one month at a time), by state, by shape of UFO(e.g. bright light), or by date posted.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

sounds to me like you finally discovered that you can see satellites moving with your bare eyes.

I have brought satellites to the attention of many friends who have never bothered to try and find them. They always gasp when I point one out to them. I tell them to look and focus hard and try to find a star that appears to be moving, that is a satellite visible to the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Speaking of satellite, if anyone wants to see what satellites are visible in your night sky, you can go to this url, and key in your zip code, and it will give you a list of crossings for your area:

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Actually, what you're "seeing" is nothing more than your own body movement. When you are standing and looking up, your body doesn't know how to balance properly, so it's constantly trying to adjust, giving the illusion that the star you're looking at is moving side to side, up and down. Don't believe, two tests to prove it. One, look at the star, focus on it, until you start to see it "move". Ok, got your star. Now, do the same thing, but brace yourself up against something, a wall perhaps, lean your head back on to the wall as well. Now focus on the same star, it will not move.
The other test is this, look at the star and find an object in the skyline that is close to it. Make note of the positions. Now focus on the star, see it move, and then check the location of the skyline object. It will be in the same exact place. It's nothing more than an illusion, created from your own body swaying movement and eyes. I found this out the other night while looking at Venus. Venus is a planet, it cannot move around like Tinkerbell in the night sky. Focusing on it, it appeared that it was moving, side to side, up and down, and swirling around in one spot. I then realized that it was my own body moving that was causing this illusion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join