It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Ritter, former UN Inspector and critic, arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
He's been a vocal critic of the Bush administration and their policy on Iraq - he travelled to Iraq, etc, etc...Conspiracy? maybe not but his credibility is about zero now.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Uh-huh, yeah.
Zero cred? Only if you're a Fascist!

Let's get this right: the guy is a Captain in the Marines on the ground fighting the Iraqi Republican Guard during the Gulf War, goes back as a Weapons Inspector and destroys a ton of stuff, tells everyone the obvious that there is no immediate time line in which we need to worry about Iraq, says that if Sadaam doesn't let an unfettered inspection happen now he deserves to be toast.........and he has no cred!?!?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Its against the law to speak ill of King George II.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
and what is w/ UN inspectors being, uh, perverts. One of the current ones is president of some S&M club, I think.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Who knows....I just think it's a mafia hit on his credability in order to stifle dissent from someone very much in the know.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
BT not sure what being a fascist has to do with this but I don`t know the history of the guy. If the allegations are true you can not and should not support this guy. If he has a great past you should respect that but not be blown away by it.

Bob have n`t heard of him b4 wonder why you raise the possibility of a conspiracy, is he some kind of national hero?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This was last year right?

I think Scott Ritter's credibility depends very much on if you are pro or anti the current situation.

He's not been charged.Probably been set up.

The Authorities are quite capable of up loading images onto your computer hard drive and the FBI are currently giving large dossiers to governments around the world.
In amongst the genuine sex offenders there are bound to be a few who's only crime is to be vehemently against Bush.

Ritter is a hero to the vast majority around the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Again what makes you think he has been set up???

Just because someone has been found to have broken the law (although this guy has n`t been charged yet) why do we all cry conspiracy???

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
BT not sure what being a fascist has to do with this but

Cassini, BT and his friends are seeing fascist everywhere like some of us are seeing commies everywhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Did everybody miss the smiley face icon?
Cassini: Read the article - I read nothing prosecuted, nothing official, all speculative. Ownership of the Media is a great and important tool in a Fascist State!

*notice the smiley*

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
cough, cough red face

BT apols

hang on there is no smiley, you must have missed it off, whoopsy daisy that was me

and yes I did read the article thats why I put "allegations" and (though the guy has n`t been charged yet) thought that was safe enough.

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by cassini]

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Uh-huh, yeah.
Zero cred? Only if you're a Fascist!

Let's get this right: the guy is a Captain in the Marines on the ground fighting the Iraqi Republican Guard during the Gulf War, goes back as a Weapons Inspector and destroys a ton of stuff, tells everyone the obvious that there is no immediate time line in which we need to worry about Iraq, says that if Sadaam doesn't let an unfettered inspection happen now he deserves to be toast.........and he has no cred!?!?

BT, what kind of sicko tries to get a 16 year old girl to watch him perform sex acts on himself? AND previously a 14 year old girl. The man needs to be locked up and kept away from children. Do we give all sexual predators a free pass just because he was working for the UN and in the marines????

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If true, nail his Sgt.Johnson to two walls at the same time....until then, since he's a citizen and innocent till proven guilty, hell till formerly charged & locked up, leave him be.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bob I agree but BT does have a point the article is titled
"Ritter MAY have had earlier arrest" it goes on "he was apparently arrested" the whole article is bad reporting and reminds me of nothing more than the gutter press here when only speculation is called upon to condem people.

On the other side no matter who the guy is if he did truely commit the alleged offences he deserves nothing more than the highest possible conviction under the law

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I agree with BT also. We're innocent until proven guilty, right? That's fine with for the justice system but he's tainted in the media eyes.

But, my original post was about a 'conspiracy.'
(this is still a conspiracy site, right?)

Ritter has been a vocal critic of a war in Iraq - and now "more details are emerging" about an arrest in 2001? Search Google's News and see how many other media outlets have picked it up. I doubt the media is going to give him any air time. Do you think he's going to appear on Fox and NOT be asked about his sexual appetite for minors? I doubt other networks will want to touch him now. He's done. Rush is going to talk about this on the radio - Newsmax will be all over it, etc, etc.

Bout time, give me a break, I am trying to be more objective - this post is unlike me.

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My bad & a big Homer "D'oh!"

Looking at it in the conspiracy vein - hatchet job par excellance......it's got Karl Rove's finger prints all over it!
I have to ask in the Spirituality forum: " Is it too soon for Josep Goebbels to have been reincarnated into Karl Rove?" or "Did the fascists behind the Bush usurping of the presidency actually conjure up the spirit of Goebbels for consultation?"

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Politics is just a bunch of bullshyte.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"We're innocent until proven guilty, right? " Bob, think I`v said the same thing before, and your right. The media all to often bays for blood when there is very little cause to do so. I`m not saying that in this case there is n`t but look at the larger picture in the world today and you`ll see that we want to prosectue wars against people like Kim in N korea and Saddam when we really have very little evidance against either.

Its a shame that the media has such sway over the general public, and in such negative ways. We all too often fall in to the trap of taking as fact what is written without proof. The media and governments have alot to answer for.

Knuckles if ya don`t like it, give us something more than that, does n`t add to the disscussion does it??????

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time....until then, since he's a citizen and innocent till proven guilty, hell till formerly charged & locked up, leave him be.

In case you've forgotten (or didn't know it in the first place), as a member of the US miltary, he *can* be charged twice for the same offense (Commonly called "Double Jepordy") & while the military begins prosecution, he has to prove his *innocence* instead of the military having to prove guilt (& he won't even be able to face a "jury of his peers" either).

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
ok how we let the politicians control how we fight our wars. Yes, i am only 17, but it seems to me from these idiot talk show hosts, we are letting all these politicians fight our wars, and not let our military decide who and how we will fight. Hows that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join