It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siebel Edmonds, Is Iraqgate finally cracking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Some damning evidence has come to light that is finally finding its way into the American press. Is this the beginning of the end for the Bush Administration? Or even of the shadow government that has been pulling the strings? Clean Break? PNAC? These are exciting times, folks.

Starting with this:
Published on Monday, March 29, 2004 by Inter Press Service
Iraq War Launched to Protect Israel - Bush Adviser
by Emad Mekay

WASHINGTON - IPS uncovered the remarks by Philip Zelikow, who is now the executive director of the body set up to investigate the terrorist attacks on the United States in September 2001 -- the 9/11 commission -- in which he suggests a prime motive for the invasion just over one year ago was to eliminate a threat to Israel, a staunch U.S. ally in the Middle East.

Zelikow's casting of the attack on Iraq as one launched to protect Israel appears at odds with the public position of President George W. Bush and his administration, which has never overtly drawn the link between its war on the regime of former president Hussein and its concern for Israel's security.

The administration has instead insisted it launched the war to liberate the Iraqi people, destroy Iraq's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and to protect the United States.

www.commondreams.org...

www.usdoj.gov...

Sibel Edmonds says she was shocked at the lack of security in the F.B.I.'s counterintelligence squad when she went to work there shortly after Sept. 11. But when she spoke up, she was canned. Gail Sheehy tells her story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Friday, the four women from New Jersey who have faced down the F.B.I. on its failures in preventing the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, that claimed their husbands' lives were personally invited to the bureau's Hoover Building offices in Washington, D.C., for a second visit. Their host was none other than F.B.I. director Robert Mueller.

www.gailsheehy.com...

Justice Department Statement on Invoking State Secrets Priveledge
www.fas.org...

A Review of Allegations of a Continuing Double Standard of Discipline at the FBI
www.usdoj.gov...

Lost in Translation
www.cbsnews.com...

September 11 commission cites intelligence agency failures
www.govexec.com...

The Israel links
Continued cooperation between turkish, israeli intelligence
www.arabicnews.com...

What did Mossad Know in Advance About September 11 (And Not Pass on to USA Allies?)
www.cooperativeresearch.org...

Failure in Intelligence
www.pittsburghlive.com...

Five Israelis were seen filming as jet liners ploughed into the Twin Towers on Septemeber 11, 2000
ww1.sundayherald.com...

The spies that pushed for war in Iraq
www.guardian.co.uk...

No weapons in Iraq? We'll Find them in Iran!

...In a further curious twist, an intelligence source claimed the real 'over-arching strategic reason' for the war was the road map to peace, designed to settle the running sore of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The source said: 'I believe that Britain and America see the road map as fundamental. They were being told by Ariel Sharon's government that Israel would not play ball until Saddam was out of the picture. That was the condition. So he had to go.' (snip)
www.commondreams.org...

White Man's Burden
...The war in Iraq was conceived by 25 neoconservative intellectuals, most of them Jewish, who are pushing President Bush to change the course of history. Two of them, journalists William Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, say it's possible. But another journalist, Thomas Friedman (not part of the group), is skeptical. (snip)
www.haaretzdaily.com...

A Clean Break, A New Strategy for Securing the Realm
www.israeleconomy.org...

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by GanjaGoddess]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
II. Senate Passes Graham Amendment

On October 15th the Senate took up a slightly modified version of the amendment proposed by Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) to the Iraq supplemental (SA 1806 to S. 1689 - see the October 3rd edition of the Round-Up for details of the original amendment). The amendment marks the first time Congress has formally linked the U.S. military effort in Iraq to Israel.

www.peacenow.org...

In its final form adopted by the Senate by a vote of 95 in favor, two opposed [Chafee (R-RI) and Bingaman (D-NM), and three not voting [Edwards (D-NC), Kerry (D-MA), and Lieberman (D-CT)], the amendment adds a Sense of Congress to the bill stipulating that "the removal of the Government of Saddam Hussein has enhanced the security of Israel and other United States allies." The amendment is as follows:

Sec. 3002

(a) Congress finds that--
(1) Israel is a strategic ally of the United States in the Middle East;
(2) Israel recognizes the benefits of a democratic form of government;
(3) the policies and activities of the Government of Iraq under the Saddam Hussein regime contributed to security concerns in the Middle East, especially for Israel;
(4) the Arab Liberation Front was established by Iraqi Baathists, and supported by Saddam Hussein;
(5) the Government of Iraq under the Saddam Hussein regime assisted the Arab Liberation Front in distributing grants to the families of suicide bombers;
(6) the Government of Iraq under the Saddam Hussein regime aided Abu Abass (sic), leader of the Palestinian Liberation Front, who was a mastermind of the hijacking of the Achille Lauro, an Italian cruise ship, and is responsible for the death of an American tourist aboard that ship; and
(7) Saddam Hussein attacked Israel during the 1990-1991 Persian Gulf War by launching 39 Scud missiles into that country and thereby causing multiple casualties.

(b) It is the sense of Congress that the removal of the Government of Iraq under Saddam Hussein enhanced the security of Israel and other United States allies.

Watch a Frontline: The War Behind Closed Doors

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy board and nobody is even commenting on this?

news.independent.co.uk...

Tsk. Tsk.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GanjaGoddess This is a conspiracy board and nobody is even commenting on this?
I just noticed your thread, and it's existence before my story on ATSNN: www.atsnn.com... I'm sorry about that. I think the problem (lack of attention) is in your thread title: "Siebel Edmonds, Is Iraqgate finally cracking?" It's hard to fathom what this thread is about from a title like that. Assume people are "stupid" and need you to grab them by the nose and pull them over to your thread to get their attention. One way to do that is in the design of a thread title that clearly indicates the content... "FBI Translator Saw Al-Qaida Plans" might be a better thread title. But, overall... there can be several factors leading to a thread dying a dull life of no responses on a community as populated and busy as ATS. It doesn't mean the content is not worthy, or your passion for the topic is misplaced... only that the timing may have been off, or no one noticed, or other factors.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
9/11 and the circumstances surrounding it has become one of the most confusing and disturbing events ever..If the many or even some of the claims made by Ms. Edmonds, Clarke and others turn out to be true or even false...i am still confused...everyday something new seems to come out or get shot down....it hard to believe anything...it's becoming overwhelming and Condie hasn't even testified yet.

when someone does speak negatively about the administration, it seems personal attacks on their credibility happens...thing is..there isn't anyone who hasn't had credibility issues in washington...its becoming a case of brain overload for me.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree worldwatcher, but its politics, as usual in Washington, in the sense that Washington is political 'heaven', per se'.
I would think and I would vote that partisan politics be put absolutely to the side and that instead of pointing "who" or "whom" was at fault or to be blamed, that the matter be on making sure such incidents never occur again within the US, or anywhere else for that matter, or that if an event(s) does occur again, that it be minimal, as compared to 9/11.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There's another thread I started awhile back on this. Here's the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Can't help but wonder.. the score on this thread, as well as mine are low.. 3.something. 4.something. Wonder why? Not a subject someone wants discussed? It should be a hotly debated subject; unfortunately, it seems the most important subjects are some of the least viewed. It's pretty sad.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid It should be a hotly debated subject; unfortunately, it seems the most important subjects are some of the least viewed. It's pretty sad.
Not sad, just over-discussed by most members. A brief walk down the history of ATS threads reveals an overwhelming number of threads on this subject (summary here: www.abovetopsecret.com...), so most of our long-standing members have been through this topic several times and tend not to be swayed by the same-old-tired conspiracy stories still circulating the web. Feel free to review the older threads and revive some of them with your current observations.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Very Nice compilation of information GG. (but the title does suck)
I will have to spend a day to review it.
I will also have to spend a day reviewing all the threads skeptic mentioned. I personally think this is a documented conspiracy, but im eager to see what the mighty ATS board came up with.
On the upside, i hope its not a conspiracy, that it really is just 'terrorists', and that i can go back to enjoying your namesake, if u know what i mean.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just found out about the Siebel Edmonds story less than a week ago... I was astounded. I searched the internet to find the documentary about her called "kill the messenger," and that really only exists on over seas sites... then I found one in english, was able to view it. and I went today to view it again and there was no picture, only sound now. It seems to me they are really good at covering up her story. I think more people need to know about her and the whole story. I mean.. from drugs and money laundering to nuclear secrets hitting the black market... I was blown away.

top topics

join