It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed 2 UFOS last night, here's the footage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
img143.imageshack.us...

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Last night while walking into my condo i noticed a light cluster in the sky that looked out of place. I grabbed my video camera and started shooting. I filmed about 25 minutes. The first UFO did not move until about 20 minutes after i started to record.

There were helicopters in the air and i also found out there was a building fire nearby, but i really cannot see this object as being a helicopter, because it stood so dead still and the lights on it did not flash, blink or rotate at all.

THE OBJECTS IN THE VIDEO WITH FLASHING RED LIGHTS ARE HELICOPTERS OR JETS, I WAS RECORDING THEM AS WELL TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND THE 'UFO'

The second UFO that appears towards the end of the video was the brightest light i have ever seen in the sky, but i think i debunked it as an airplane because you can see tiny flashing lights on either side of it.. but can someone tell me how an airplane can look as bright as a street lamp that's 100 yards away? my guess on the glowing flare like orb at the end of the video is an airplane.

Anyways this was last night Nov. 3rd in Ft. Lauderdale Florida at about 6:50 and lasted till around 7:30. The objects were to the west and that is the way i was facing.

I am pretty fortunate to be a video production major so i had a decent camera to record with: a canon gl2. I think the footage is pretty decent.. I just wish i had had my tripod with me. Now that i think about it i should get an HD video camera...

Google Video Link

The footage is a little lengthy but i think the quality is good so i hope you guys check it out and can give me your opinion on these 2 objects.

oh and on the google video be sure to set it to 'original size' in the bottom right corner to get the best view.

video.google.com...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by pirateman]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can you get a shot of that exact area in the daylight?
Is it a tower of some sort with lights on it? If not. Um, I have no clue!

I will commend you for keeping your recording STILL...very steady hand!!!

[edit on 11/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i could do that for you, but no there is no tower in the area.. the most impressive part of the video IMO is when it leaves.. right after 17:00

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirateman
i could do that for you, but no there is no tower in the area.. the most impressive part of the video IMO is when it leaves.. right around 19:00

lol. Ok. Im still watching it, not done yet

Ok. A helicopter can hover for very very long periods of time. So, I think that is what it is

THANKS for sharing

[edit on 11/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pirateman

im puzzled.???? what part of your video do you think your filming a ufo??? and what made you question what you were filming????

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

There are helicopters and a few planes flying around throughout... but the object of interest here is the stationary one made out of 3 lights that i keep zooming in on.

The object looks to be 2 or 3 times in size to the helicopter.

Also i'm pretty sure helicopters HAVE to have flashing lights on them.. like the one in the video.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow! I've seen a lot of UFO videos and this has the most real-feel to it of any I've seen. Great catch!! BTW, do you know of anyone else who shot the same thing from a different camera/angle?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I cannot view your video due to my having only dialup and horrendously slow dial-up at that. Therefore, I cannot see your video.

I just wanted to direct you to this other thread regarding a UFO spotted over Lakeland, Florida last night. The OP describes three lights but there is no video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/4/2008 by dreams n chains]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
im unable to view the video. did you take it down?

i looked at the picture, and it's to hard to say what it is. the video is really needed to beable to say.

ah, saw the link to the video, dunno why i missed it.

it dos'nt appear to be a helicopter,

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

the common theme seems to be the flash, even on model helicopters.

the three lights do not appear to flash, and later turns into one big light by the looks of it.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

There is a google link in the op post for the vid. I've copied it below for you.

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
my son is almost home he is going to look at the video and see.

there was no sound and where he lives it is remote no car noise you can hear anything and the aircraft made no sound at all and it was a cool night.

3 hours later a police helicopter was circling around my home 15 miles away, not related to the ufo and i heard it loud due to the cold temps.

i will let you know if this is what he saw last night about 2 hours after you.

chris

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The lights never move. Only the camera moves. That is a bad sign I'm afraid. The previous poster is right. We need a daytime shot that can be matched up to prove there is no hill, mountain, tower or other things in that area. Without it I'm guessing you were filming stationary lights on a hillside or tower.

How did you end up with all those reflected lights at the end. Were you shining lights through the viewfinder so they bled through? Or, did you have lights held at the side of the lens bouncing them off the surface from just out of the range of view? Those are bouncing all over the lens elements.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It looks exactly like an approaching aircraft to me. When filmed at extreme range, while they are flying toward you they can appear to hover for long periods. Most likely a DC-9 or MD-80 variant:

Notice the light pattern similarity?

Other aircraft can be clearly heard operating in the area, and if there was something out of the ordinary in the sky they would have been aware of it as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

Aircraft do not make sound over a great distance when they are facing directly at you, as this one is. The noise generally comes from the rear of the engine, which is why fighter planes can sneak up on an enemy virtually silently until they pass, then the sound hits.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
that is an awesome photo of the airplane

alot of the triangle lights look like the same but there would be blinking lights and red and green

my son draw what he saw and he drew an outline of it. i said so it was solid you could see black and a triangle ? he said no he could only see lights and they did seem to point one light in the front 2 in the back for the direction of movement.

he saw it moving for 5 seconds very slowly then speed up and sped a way at 45 degree angle but instantly accelerated to a much faster set speed and he watched it for 2 seconds so it went from flying about 50 knots to very fast.

he has seen many miltary airshows many. fastest plane he has seen fly about 600 mph .92 mach ect..

he said it apeared it was 5 times faster then that but he guesses.

the acceleration was not possible and the thing didnt accelerate for a while to achieve its new speed like sped up. it instantly was going 5 times as fast and flew away at that speed.

example it went from 50 knots to 2000knots instantly.

my son will tell you about the video and any simularities

Chris

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
plane lights flash. that is why in your picture one light on one wing is brighter than the other.

one light is at maximum brightness whilst the other has weakened or is just starting to brighten up again.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Lets not get confused here.. there are 2 DIFFERENT objects in my video.. the 2nd one doesn't come in till 18:00 though.

As for the first object, the lights do not flicker or blink, but the OBJECT moves at right about 17:00, it's pretty clear, it goes out of view behind the building then it comes back south and behind trees.

As for the street lamps causing those weird red effects on my camera lens, I don't know why that was happening.

i will take a snapshot of the exact location i filmed it from tomorrow morning.

Most people i've showed the video to think its a helicopter, but i've seen a lot of helicopters and never one that could stand completely still for at least 30 minutes.. this thing was there before i started filming for who knows how long.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
alot of the triangle lights look like the same but there would be blinking lights and red and green

Negative.
The DC-9/MD-80's navigation lights are behind the two landing lights and not visible from the front when the aircraft is in landing configuration. I spent many years watching aircraft landing while working at the airport, and know most aircraft types based solely on the light configuration. For example a 727 has a red and green on the wingtip with 4 white landing lights, a 737 has a red and green nav light and 3 landing lights (really 4, but one is always blocked by the engine/body), 757 & 767 have 3 close to the fuselage and a red and green on the wing tip, etc....

As to the appearance of speed, that has a lot to do with the size of the aircraft, its altitude, and its flight direction.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

So are you saying the only acceptable response is: "Wow, Alien spacecraft"?

Maybe if it is "debunked", it is justified! Maybe it is an identifiable object. Maybe it is not. But let people do their thing and let people come to their own conclusions!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join