It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaving campaign trail to visit grandmother

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Obama leaving campaign trail to visit grandmother

news.yahoo.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is canceling nearly all his campaign events Thursday and Friday to visit his suddenly gravely ill 85-year-old grandmother in Hawaii, a spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Now if I hear a story about McCain running off somewhere I'm really going to be spooked!

If his grandmother is sick, my prayers and thoughts to her. And I commend him for putting his family first, as he should.

Think this will positively or negatively impact his campaign?

I would like not to think so, but in reality this could cost him.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I believe it could positively impact it. People will see that he is still family-oriented and cares for his grandmother (which most Americans have a soft spot for sweet old ladies
). This may also take away attention from Palin's 'family oriented' status..kind of like Obama saying "See! I love and care for my family just as much as Palin!"

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You tend to get pretty ill, very suddenly , when youve been thrown under the bus.......maybe this time he used a train instead.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yeah of course, this is positive. This could effect his campaign, he's taking a risk, but he's putting others before him self.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Posted on: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 Obama returns home to visit ailing 'Toot'

Madelyn Dunham, 85, recently had to be hospitalized after a fall, and "things have taken a serious turn," said U.S. Rep. Neil Abercrombie, D-Hawai'i, an Obama supporter

What our press fails to tell all of us is that she had this accident and was RELEASED from the hospital LAST WEEK.

After her hospitalization, Dunham last week returned to the Beretania Street apartment where she raised Obama.

www.honoluluadvertiser.com...
If she has taken a turn for the worse and is so seriously ill, then why did they release her last week, and why is she at home..Just wondering..

[edit on 21-10-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

While you do bring up a good point, I can tell you from experience (15 years as a Paramedic) it is not uncommon in the least bit to take people back to the hospital just after being released, especially at that age, for a host of reasons. edit to add: shes probably at home because she is terminal, very normal to take someone home if they are about to die. Not everyone wants to die in the hospital.

I think however given the current situation in the world, with World Military leaders meeting in the Adirondacks, and also in Finland, along with Bidens statement, the recent meeting with Bush at Camp David...and now suddenly Obama has a reason to fly to Hawaii. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now, but if something pops up where McCain has to go off somewhere for some reason...My Alert Antenna might start to go up a bit.

ATS Thread - Top world military officials meet in Lake Placid...

[edit on 10/21/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In my family, my grandfather and my father, who both had been in the hospital and then took turns for the worse, chose to come home.

Some people prefer to die at home rather than the sterile environment of a hospital.

Not to imply that Obama's G-ma is dying. Please don't misunderstand.

She has a history of osteoporosis, she fell, which may or may not have resulted in fracture/splinter of bone(s). Frankly it's none of our business what her health situation is.

A curious coincidence though, another birth certificate lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
What our press fails to tell all of us is that she had this accident and was RELEASED from the hospital LAST WEEK.

Our press did not fail to tell us that. I heard it many times on TV last night. I don't know what press you're talking about, but MSNBC reported that she was released from the hospital and has taken a turn for the worse. Barack took a week to be with her a month or so ago and she was sick then.

Whatever is happening isn't just about the fall.

My mother came home from the hospital a couple weeks before she died and the hospice told us when she would likely die. And they were right.

If she has taken a turn for the worse and is so seriously ill, then why did they release her last week, and why is she at home..

I can't believe you're trying to make something sinister out of this. :shk:

I wish Barack and his grandmother all the best. And if this is her final time, I wish her peace.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First he refers to her as a "typical white person" now he is going to visit her.
Man, this Obama guy has got every corner covered.

Gravely ill?

I sure hope he is not working on getting the sympathy vote, should anything happen to her.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
By now most folks already know how they will vote and the rest will decide right up until the last moment. Don't think this will affect him unless pictures come back of Obama having a hell of a time partying it up in the Aloha State.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually, I think it's going to help him more than anything.

I predict there will be a picture of Obama semi-faking a tear, hence the sympathy vote.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
In my family, my grandfather and my father, who both had been in the hospital and then took turns for the worse, chose to come home.

Some people prefer to die at home rather than the sterile environment of a hospital.

Not to imply that Obama's G-ma is dying. Please don't misunderstand.

She has a history of osteoporosis, she fell, which may or may not have resulted in fracture/splinter of bone(s). Frankly it's none of our business what her health situation is.

A curious coincidence though, another birth certificate lawsuit.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Andy Martin. The guy has been labeled a vexatious litigator and just files crap for whatever pisses him off at the time, apparently the New York Times pissed him off because they portrayed him as an anti-Semitic and now he's filing a lawsuit against them even though they are quoting from his documents,

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have different conspiracy theory on this gleaned from another thread. My theory is that Obama is personally going to oversee the indoctrination (reprogamming) of his grandmother so that she no longer says he was born in Kenya, and thus ineligible to run for president.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That's just lame.

My grandmother was 86 when she fell and broke her hip. Because of her age, and the fact that she had to remain bed-ridden made her prone to pneumonia, of which she eventually died.

So, for you to suggest that Obama may be using this unfortunate incident to further his political career is just callous.

Why can't you accept the fact that perhaps, Obama is genuinely concerned for his grandmother and not posturing for a sympathy vote.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I agree, he will get some sympathy votes.

second line.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Whatever is happening isn't just about the fall.

Yep.

What Israeli Insider magazine has to say about Obama's trip to visit his 'typical white' (has hidden racism) grandmother -

Israeli Insider

…. Andy Martin, an anti-Obama columnist, says the real reason for Obama's emergency trip is to stop his own pursuit of birth records, including an emergency writ to the Hawaii Supreme Court to request expedited handling after a previous filing to demand that the State's Department of Health release the records. "Obama did not pay any attention to his grandmother until I showed up in Honolulu," he wrote in an email. "Suddenly she is the center of his attention. She is so central to his campaign that he has suspended it! But when Obama was here last summer he only visited his grandmother for an hour. One hour! Now he suspends his campaign for her?"

We have a possible conspiracy - poltiics as usual.
Of course it could also be that in this case a cigar is really a cigar.
Sometimes poltiicans actually have hearts.
But with poltiicians you just never know.

Originally posted by Fuzzy Wabbit
she had to remain bed-ridden made her prone to pneumonia, of which she eventually died.

It used to be that a broken hip was a pneumonia death sentence.
Not anymore. At least, that's what the doctors said on TV this week.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

"I think there's nobody more important than her, except his mother, in shaping his character," said David Mendell, who interviewed Dunham in 2004 for the Chicago Tribune and later wrote the book, "Obama: From Promise to Power."

That statement seems ridiculous. We all know that Obama got his best traits from his sperm doner father. Though the white family that raised him with NO help from the sperm doner did teach him all about white racism.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzy Wabbit

That's just lame.

Please reread my post, I'm not suggesting anything, I said
"I sure hope he is not working on getting the sympathy vote"

..and this was before FlyersFan's post.

I had no idea he previously only visited his white grammie for only one hour.

Something fishy going on in Hawaii.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I predict there will be a picture of Obama semi-faking a tear, hence the sympathy vote.

Some time ago, my grandmother had a bad fall, from which she never fully recovered. She became mostly bedridden, and things took a turn to the worse. She passed away. I still feel sad.

Shame on you panning somebody who's going through tough time as "faking tears". If you are a hard-boiled cold-hearted type, don't count others as such.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join