It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed just which posts seem to catch the most attention? The kind of attention that gets it off the board as fast as possible? There are several topics that will get the SOP (standard operating procedure) of ignore � side track � posting of obvious pro-opposition dogma � rhetoric of meaningless messaging type posting � none secured theories instead of factual science and physics � outright lies � next slander and belittle the poster of the information. The list goes on, but the goals are always the same; get that information off the front pages of any forum they appear in. Just get it off. Out of sight is out of mind.

An easily recognizable mark of conspiracy is the corruption of common knowledge. Control of information is the best that can be hoped for to prolong the non-disclosure policies covering many things. Some of those non-disclosure policies cover UFO�s, ETI�s, any information on those two topics whether it is from religionists, atheists, agnostics, mythologists, anthropologists, what have you, if it relates to ETI or UFO it doesn�t exist, it didn�t happen, and get the truth off the forums.

Do you see these procedures of information control being done by Moderators on the ATS boards?

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by FieryIce1]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I can't help but notice this is a verbatim copy of a previous post.

I also can't help but notice that you've gotten kind of pissy since ET3 went on a global ignore.

What's up with you two? Do we need to get you some medical help?

Let us know...we're always willing to assist.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Does this have to do with ET3's banning ?

Some of the wording that you are using sounds exactly like what he used to say ....

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I can't help but notice this is a verbatim copy of a previous post.

I also can't help but notice that you've gotten kind of pissy since ET3 went on a global ignore.

What's up with you two? Do we need to get you some medical help?

Let us know...we're always willing to assist.

Val,,, as usual you're right on time, beat me to it.

this is exactly the same thing that was posted somewhere else....

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
he's got a point though. only the authors and their posts that have massmedia backing or an overall neutral outlook on controversial topics get applause and/or recognition.

im not talking about out-there topics, im talking about recognizable stuff. you can tell when a topic is a massmedia ass kisser, because the same kinds of people agree with the same kinds of people over and over again. to continue the cycle, they seem to vote for each other over and over again. on controversial topics, you rarely find those kinds of people, especially with my threads, because most of the time I can fend for my own despite their attempts at discouragement. and my "win-loss" record isn't all that bad when it comes to these people... these yeeeehaws as I like to call them.

it's funny. the motto behind this board is 'deny ignorance', when really, it is nothing of the sort. it's more like "promote ignorance and keep people in the dark". there are only a few of us, it seems, who have the perisistence to keep trying to penetrate this invisible barrier.

OOH! here's an idea. im going to form a chart that records just who agrees with who all the time and how often. then you'll see.

[Edited on 3/25/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
yeehaws?!?

Well, you seem to have an awful lot of inside information on how people vote, who gets applause and who doesn't and such.

When did you get the keys to this information?

I think you have a perception that you have ran with and now your off in real tall grass.

I avoid topics that I am not interested in. I assume others do the same. Maybe the "yeehaws" you're referring to who don't post to your threads aren't interested in your subject. Since you think so little of them, you should count yourself blessed instead of twisting it to make broad-stroke allegations.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
wrong. and i expected as much from you, valhall-A. I have made several observations within this board based on what happens. when I finish the chart, i hope the resident butt-kissers pack up and leave as there should be no going back.

I have had people like the previously mentioned variety try to come at me and debunk me, but they usually fail. Now they don't even try anymore, probably because I have been ignored. And SOMETIMES, I have been proven wrong, and upon such worthy opposition, I have honorably withdrawn my position which is not something most people here do. I do such a thing because I want people to know that I am telling the truth, so far as I know, but am limited by my perspectives.

yeeehaws is a broad term, yes, but I feel it is the least-offensive generalization to group this variety of ATS members. again, you know who you are.

it's you're, and I don't mind being in seriously tall grass. see, that's why i've got this lawnmower, here (corny, I know)

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well, now that I understand you have bullet-proof undies why don't you get after good-buddy.

it should ALL be interesting to see when you're done.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Swing your partner round and round! Yeeeehaw!

Back on topic, some threads receive more attention than they should, but I don't place the blame in any direction.

Global ignore/banishment is whole 'nother topic.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
Swing your partner round and round! Yeeeehaw!

Back on topic, some threads receive more attention than they should, but I don't place the blame in any direction.

Global ignore/banishment is whole 'nother topic.

You just made my day !

I agree with you totally too, in this case, I think that it's simply someone upset becuase they feel they're receiving different treatment than others. it may or may not be true, but this happens everywhere in the world today, just get over it and move on

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
AlnilamOmega
Wouldn�t it be more productive to keep a chart of whose who in flooding certain types of threads with nonsensical posts and those that actually contribute to the information. Also those that post information that sidetrack the thread topic? That chart might be revealing.
I do get the distinct impression there are thread topics that get this type of attention.

Valhall
In reference to ET3�s wording, I did have permission to use his wording and Skepticoverlord gave me permission to go ahead with this topic. So any problem you have take it up with either of those two.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I personally don't feel like I relate directly with any particular members of ATS, let alone a 'group' or 'click' of ATS members. In fact, the only connection that I've seen between members of ATS are those who like to argue with each other, usually regarding particularly inane issues such as certain religious cults, as an example.

There is a particular background of ATS member that I've found and actually belong to, and that is the members who are prior service military. What I notice about this group of ATS members that stands out is that none of them can agree on anything, especially those things related to the military.

I have noticed that many of the things that I consider to be important, and that I have started threads about, get six or seven responses and then fall off the map, deep into ATS obscurity. I know that these issues are important to those who try to stay 'in the know', as I have received applause for them, but generally the members aren't interested.

So, if it seems that the important issues aren't being addressed, as I feel it does, it's not because those threads are being supressed. Consider this site just a small representative cross-section of the world, and the fact that a proportionate amount of members on this site are just as apathetic as the whole.

And I might suggest laying of the Ayn Rand. While she professes objectivism, I assure you that it is only from her point of view.

Chill buddy,
DeltaChaos

P.S. I don't really remember what members I've opposed or agreed with on issues, unless it's in the debate forum. I won't remember who posted what yesterday or the day before; I'll only remember what was said. Maybe a bad habit, but through it, I remain objective.

I assure you my motivations are purely selfish, and the rest of you can go to hell.

Naw, I love you guys!

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I have noticed that many of the things that I consider to be important, and that I have started threads about, get six or seven responses and then fall off the map, deep into ATS obscurity. I know that these issues are important to those who try to stay 'in the know', as I have received applause for them, but generally the members aren't interested.

So, if it seems that the important issues aren't being addressed, as I feel it does, it's not because those threads are being supressed. Consider this site just a small representative cross-section of the world, and the fact that a proportionate amount of members on this site are just as apathetic as the whole.

DC, I will have to agree with you here. There's been topics I have posted here that I thought would knock folks socks off, or at least get a good response...not.
There seems to be different reasons folks come here to post. Some are UFO buffs. Some love to debate God topics. Some are here to have fun.
Some are here to seriously learn and deny ignorance, on various levels. And some are here to undermine those who are seriously trying to deny ignorance.
You all know which group you belong to

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks, DTOM. Hope you don't get accused of agreeing with someone now. Maybe there's a conflict of interest because we're working on the same research project, but whatever.... (BTW, DTOM where do you live in MI? I went to Brighton High and Milford High...)

Another thing I've noticed is that if an initial thread post is too long, nobody reads it. If someone has a theory, it's best just to state it's proposition clearly, and to a point. Then present a question to illicit ideas from other members.

It's kind of sad, but it seems reading is just too much of a hastle for some people. Like it might take up to 3 or 4 minutes to find the satisfaction waiting at the end of an 8 paragraph proposition...

I believe Sesame Street is to blame...
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Thanks, DTOM. Hope you don't get accused of agreeing with someone now. Maybe there's a conflict of interest because we're working on the same research project, but whatever.... (BTW, DTOM where do you live in MI? I went to Brighton High and Milford High...)

Another thing I've noticed is that if an initial thread post is too long, nobody reads it. If someone has a theory, it's best just to state it's proposition clearly, and to a point. Then present a question to illicit ideas from other members.

It's kind of sad, but it seems reading is just too much of a hastle for some people. Like it might take up to 3 or 4 minutes to find the satisfaction waiting at the end of an 8 paragraph proposition...

I believe Sesame Street is to blame...
DeltaChaos

and how many will be reading that research??
See paragraph two of your post.
Besides, I don't always agree with you

Yeah, that instant gratification thing and Sesame Street, LOL.

I think some like posting in the "exciting" "controversial" posts because it thrills some folks.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FieryIce1

Valhall
In reference to ET3�s wording, I did have permission to use his wording and Skepticoverlord gave me permission to go ahead with this topic. So any problem you have take it up with either of those two.

Hey, i don't have any problem with it. But this post shouts that you have some problems with my observations. Don't go posting dramatizing threads and then not expect some one to state the obvious.

I don't believe I need to take up anything with anyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It seems we have some test subjects already displaying the exact premise stated:

There are several topics that will get the SOP (standard operating procedure) of ignore - side track - posting of obvious pro-opposition dogma - rhetoric of meaningless messaging type posting - none secured theories instead of factual science and physics - outright lies - next slander and belittle the poster of the information.

Continue, this is a good cross section of responses.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Give me a "D"
give me an "R"
give me an "A"
give me an "M"
give me an "A"

What does that spell?

Why (please tell me) do people always want drama in their lives?

Oh I have the KNOWLEDGE about a huge conspiracy!!!
If I post it and one person is negative, they're a disinfomation agent.
If the staff deletes it, there is an information coverup.
People don't posted to my thread, they're not seeing the truth.
Always pointing, pointing, pointing...

It seems here, just like the real world, people "need to place blame" to justify things. Well that blame can go many places, but the first place to start is with YOURSELF.

I have not been here as long as some people, but here is what I have experienced. People don't always write well 100% of the time. I know, amazing but true.
Another thing, other people don't always care. Shocked? I could go on and list quite a few reasons that posts don't do well. It just happens.

"Has anyone else noticed just which posts seem to catch the most attention?"
Yeah, the ones that INTEREST people. I have posted good threads and had interest. I have posted others the same way (good, well thought out posts) and NOT ONE single person posted. It happens.

There are several topics that will get the SOP (standard operating procedure) of ignore � side track � posting of obvious pro-opposition dogma � rhetoric of meaningless messaging type posting � none secured theories instead of factual science and physics � outright lies � next slander and belittle the poster of the information.
The definition of this is any post that DOESN'T follow what YOU want to hear. How funny. Try this then:
I make a post involving my dryer and...missing socks!!!
If you don't agree, your a disinfo agent.
You think I am stupid, then you're a debunker.
Delete me and your covering.
IN FACT...there is nothing you can do except agree with me to be ok.
How utterly stupid is that? How is that denying ignorance, learning, or growing?

If a person is mugged....
You're mad at the police for not protecting, yet if he sees you in the alley and asks for ID, then your totally indignant about it. How dare he?

What amazes me is that some people are so wrapped up in their computer lives that they forget "real world" rules still apply in many ways. If you let me in your house are there rules, or can I do and say anything? Now, what if your place was a store like a 7/11. If I stood there and shouted gibberish all day, would it hurt your business?

Am I getting the point across through judicious repitition? I certainly don't want to disagree with you and risk being "labeled" by your deny ignorance - open mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Look, everybody! I think I'm in the "in crowd" now! See how in just so few words I utterly agreed with everyting Zedd said?!

That's important!

Not only is it important, but it's beside the fact that everything Zedd said was in exactly the spirit of the ATS motto: DENY IGNORANCE!

In order to deny ignorance on this site, everyone needs to be skeptical of what they hear, read, and see on television. They also need to not worry about conspiracies amongst some of the members and staff of this site. Everyone here, regardless of status, began in the same place...

The Beginning!

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So it seems the trigger word is drama. Repetitive use of the concept drama. Does that mean with instruction the first sign of a possible drama intense thread is the one that is targeted for attention control?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join