It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: Obama Is ‘Palling Around With Terrorists’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

In remarks at a Colorado airport hangar today, Gov. Sarah Palin tore into Senator Barack Obama with a twist that she ripped right from the headlines of this very newspaper.

Without apparently mentioning the name of William C. Ayers, a professor in Chicago who is a former member of the radical Weathermen, Ms. Palin said, according to a pool report from her appearance:

“There is a lot of interest, I guess, in what I read and what I’ve read lately. Well, I was reading my copy of today’s New York Times and I was interested to read about Barack’s friends from Chicago.

“I get to bring this up not to pick a fight, but it was there in the New York Times, so we are gonna talk about it. Turns out one of Barack’s earliest supporters is a man who, according to the New York Times, and they are hardly ever wrong, was a domestic terrorist and part of a group that quote launched a campaign of bombings that would target the Pentagon and US Capitol. Wow. These are the same guys who think patriotism is paying higher taxes.

“This is not a man who sees America as you see it and how I see America. We see America as the greatest force for good in this world. If we can be that beacon of light and hope for others who seek freedom and democracy and can live in a country that would allow intolerance in the equal rights that again our military men and women fight for and die for for all of us. Our opponent though, is someone who sees America it seems as being so imperfect that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country?”

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

This is the latest sign of desperation by the McCain caimpaign, nothing against Gov. Palin because she is clearly doing what Sen. McCain tells her to do.

So I wonder if this is what we are going to see in this last four weeks from McCain. Cn't win on the issues so lets slander, smear and use scare tactics to see if we can sneak in to the WH.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Palin the puppet. I mean we all know she doesnt have a clue about anything. Was this her first time reading the NYT? I wonder if she read it before or after her copy of the economist LoL

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

according to the New York Times, and they are hardly ever wrong

This is the latest sign of desperation by the McCain caimpaign, nothing against Gov. Palin because she is clearly doing what Sen. McCain tells her to do.

So I wonder if this is what we are going to see in this last four weeks from McCain. Cn't win on the issues so lets slander, smear and use scare tactics to see if we can sneak in to the WH.

The New York Times hardly ever wrong?
Go get em' Palin, I'm sure she was being sarcastic!

If the NYT's is reporting on Obama's questionable connections, then obviously it is too big of a story to cover up, and they are covering their behinds, but I doubt they will have 18 front page stories on it like Abu-Graib.

Obama's choice of pals (Ayers, Rev Wright, Steve Rezko, Louis Farakhan), is definately in play for this election. It should in no way be considered a smear or a slander.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Palin is right on with her facts, as she presented them, to make a point in what is nothing more than political spin.

William Ayers is a former Weather Underground leader who is now a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Notice the words "former" and "professor". What he was and what he is now.

Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers served together on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago, a charitable organization focused on welfare reform and affordable housing.

Pretty despicable, working for a charitable foundation.

In April, Mr. Obama said Mr. Ayers was ''not somebody who I exchanged ideas from on a regular basis'' and called him ''somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old.''

topics.nytimes.com...

People change. We all have histories that we may have questioned when thrown into the public spotlight. Gov. Palin included.

I know I'm not the same person I was 40 yrs ago. Some good, some bad. Just human.

edit: plus this is pretty old news.

My Motto: I am today by what I did yesterday, I am tomorrow by what I do today.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It is a known fact that Obama has associated with Ayers, who is an admitted terrorist who says he is soryy that he didn't kill more people when he was setting off bombs, back in "glory days." He is well known for his associations with, shall we say, less desirable sorts, who helped in get into power.
Let's not forget the right Reverend Wright, who believes that aids was started by the in order to kill off the black populaton, and that, instead of saying "God bless America," we should be saying "God Damn America."
The church which Obama attended for all those years is rooted in liberation theology, in this case, black liberation theology. If Obama is elected, I fear the commencement of a race war.
But don't condemn Palin for referencing Obama's asscociation with criminals. It's a fact, and that's all there is to it! He just keeps trying to talk his wayh around it, and the press just lets him off!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331

People change. We all have histories that we may have questioned when thrown into the public spotlight. Gov. Palin included.

I know I'm not the same person I was 40 yrs ago. Some good, some bad. Just human.

Some people change...but Ayers didn't. Right after the attacks of 9/11/01 William Ayers made this quote.............

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''

This doesn't sound like a repentant changed person.

This is old news and it is a shame most people aren't familar with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

We see America as the greatest force for good in this world. If we can be that beacon of light and hope for others who seek freedom and democracy and can live in a country that would allow intolerance in the equal rights that again our military men and women fight for and die for for all of us.

Well, there's Palin's first mistake, I must live in a different America than she does.
You see in my country we have a dictator that practices "mock" child sacrifice rituals to a demon god, a dictator who is launching an eternal war of terror and thinks up gruesome ways to torture people in his P.O.W. camp called Gitmo, things like sodomizing people with a rod dripping with battery acid, using pliers on there children's testicles. And that's just the "terrorists"!

America is just like any other country on this planet, the people who control want to control the world.

People love money, they will do anything to get it.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And McCain, and now Palin, have ties with the Oil Tycoons, the real terrorists. Apparently everyone knows a terrorist today.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Hi RR,

You are right on about Mr. Ayers and his continued world views. I would like to point out again though, that Sen. Obama's relationship with Mr. Ayers was working on a charitable foundation, not drawing up plans to blow up the White House on the back of a napkin.

And, as I am trying to improve my overall experience on ATS, I will refrain from pointing out the past and or present associations of just about any politician, banker, CEO, or ditch digger, that could be considered questionable.

Everybody has skeletons in the proverbial closet, it just depends on who wants to shine a light on them and what their motives are.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by zlots331

Some people change...but Ayers didn't. Right after the attacks of 9/11/01 William Ayers made this quote.............

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''

This doesn't sound like a repentant changed person.

This is old news and it is a shame most people aren't familar with it.

Hello again, I was talking about Obama changing, not Ayers. I agree the man is dangerous (Ayers) and I often question how individuals with his particular views can be teachers at a university.

But again, with time people do change and grow. Past associations that we experience can help us decide who we want to be seen and work with today.

While writing this I thought back on my associates of 40 years ago and where they are today. There is a brain surgeon, a district attorney, two movie actors, a CPA and a college professor of music. There are also a few drug addicts, a couple of alcoholics, a felon, and several are dead. They all helped me become who I am today.

edit: Oh, and me? I started out as a professional classical musician and just retired as a chemical process engineer. They don't really go together, but that's just the way my life worked itself out. And I am still friends with several of those listed above, including the felon. Go figure.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
So I wonder if this is what we are going to see in this last four weeks from McCain.

It absolutely IS what we are going to see from McCain from now on. It's all he has left. He's a desperate man with no values of his own to "sell" to the American public, because we can see right through his "Country First" claim, and he will do everything he can, including lie, cheat and forsake any shred of dignity and integrity he has left to try to win this election.

Get ready for the racist, Muslim, Arab, terrorist and foreign-born accusations to run hard and strong for this last month. And probably a few more things they make up along the way. Maybe child-molester and secret baby-eater... You never know what they might come up with.

If Palin continues to go along with the smear campaign, which it appears that she is, well... she is the woman I have always thought she was.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Obama is a friend to the terrorist. Gov. Sarah Palin said that she was going to talk to the American people, and if the Obama love fest media won't report the news, Palin certainly has a degree in the news media and knows how to repot the news for them. They will then report what she said, and the news will then be reported to the world. And no matter how much lipstick Barack puts on the story trying to deny it, it will all finally come out to all the cool aid drinkers out there in la la land still fainting at Obama rallies.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Obama never denied it.
And now we have three threads going about Obama / Palin associates.

I found this video interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hang on folks, its going to be an ugly time ahead and I am not looking forward to it. I don't think I have ever been more ready to have an election over and I've been voting since 1972.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm waiting breathlessly for the "Swift Boat" attack adds to start.

As far as "secret baby eaters" I can only picture Ann Coulter, Michele Malkin and Cheney's demon daughter spawn, Dana Perino.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is not surprising, earlier this morning (before the Palin speech) an article appeared in the Washington Post telegraphing the change in the McCain campaigns tactics.

Sen. John McCain and his Republican allies are readying a newly aggressive assault on Sen. Barack Obama's character, believing that to win in November they must shift the conversation back to questions about the Democrat's judgment, honesty and personal associations, several top Republicans said.

With just a month to go until Election Day, McCain's team has decided that its emphasis on the senator's biography as a war hero, experienced lawmaker and straight-talking maverick is insufficient to close a growing gap with Obama. The Arizonan's campaign is also eager to move the conversation away from the economy, an issue that strongly favors Obama and has helped him to a lead in many recent polls.

"We're going to get a little tougher," a senior Republican operative said, indicating that a fresh batch of television ads is coming. "We've got to question this guy's associations. Very soon. There's no question that we have to change the subject here," said the operative, who was not authorized to discuss strategy and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Article: McCain Plans Fiercer Strategy Against Obama

Expect to hear a lot more about Rezko, Rev. Wright and Ayers. Not sure if this is a winning campaign strategy, time will tell.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You have got to admit that Obama has some questionable associations with questionable people. That is a fact.

Ayers was a "domestic terrorist" at one point. No, he isn't now. But, Obama is running for the highest office in the land and had a "relationship" with this man.

Judgement and character are a very, very big part of what he will do as President and how he will do it. Issues need to play a bigger role in the discussions about these candidates, but character and judgement need to be discussed as well.....by both the Presidential candidates and both the VP candidates. JMO....

[edit on 10/4/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the American people will now know who Barack Obama really is .. subsequently we'll soon find out if they're willing to elect a terrorist sympathizer who followed a racist, hateful pastor's preachings for 20 yrs .. can't wait for November 4th ..

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have taught in a univerity where I had many associates with controversial views; some of them even became friends. That doesn't mean I agreed with them on everything, or sometimes on much of anything. In order to be well educated one has to have some contact with those of different persuasions.

As has already been pointed out, Ayers could not be considered a close associate of Obama's. He is just someone Obama has worked with on a charitable project.

The fact that Obama has not been living in a hothouse environment with only those who share his own ideas, like Sarah Palin, but instead has been widely educated and can communicate with many different people from different walks of life is an asset in a leader.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh... but it's going to get a lot better than this.... We ain't seen nothing yet... There's Reverend "god damn America, US of KKK A" hate biggot.
And let us not forget about the "sweatheart realestate deals" Oh... and also about the money from Freddy Mac and Fanny Mae. And the best one of all.... ready ? here it comes.

Barack has been getting millions in oversees political contributions from people in other nations... and yes... it's against the law! Oh this is getting so much better. I think the cool aid drinking tingle up my leg people fainting at Obama rallies will be waking up soon...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join