It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death and Parallel Universes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is for people who support Parallel universes.

If you get hit by a car and die in one universe wouldn't there be a universe where you got hit by a car and survive and another universe where you dodged the car all together and it just missed you?

If so, are you dead? You must share the same mind if your actions and observations are connected.

So when you die you are absorbed into one of these worlds or you return to some kind of oversoul or higher self that contains these 3-dimensional realities.

So say you have a higher dimensional self that's reflected into these 3-dimensional realities. Then when you die, wouldn't you return to your higher self?

Would this suggest many-minds and our macro-realms are subsets of a higher mind?

This would actually explain what Einstein was looking for. I was watching a documentary and he was looking for certainty as opposed to probability found in quantum mechanics.

If our universe is governed by uncertainty and probabilty then it doesn't have any objective existence. It's not in a fixed state.

The certainty would lie in our dreams and thoughts. So our dreams and thoughts would have an objective existence and our local realities would be subsets of this higher dimensional reality or higher dimensional mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Interesting.

Something that came to mind today while I was at work is kind of related to this. I came up with a theory that phobias are the result of an accident that happened in either another dimension or a past life, depending on what you believe.

So if someone is afraid of heights, it means in a different dimension or life they died from a high fall. Arachnophobia, they died from a spider bite, etc etc etc......

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by careface

I have had the same theory on this phobias for awhile too.

Interesting theroy WD. I think when we die we do return to our higher self or become aware of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I was thinking about something similar the other day, except I didn't relate it to parallel universes at all. I suppose it could be. I have this tendency where I imagine possible outcomes all the time; only with certain things though...randomly I suppose. Like if I am carrying my spare car key and walk near a sewer I always imagine the key falling in, and me being screwed bc my regular keys are locked in the car. I do that alot walking out of work. I also always imagine possible painful situations for me or others, and often times I cringe severely as if I'm actually about to endure that pain. It's rather annoying; I wouldn't consider myself a worrier. I'm sure it's psychological but I wish I could stop. But could it possibly be a result of the events occuring in parallel universes?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by careface

I agree with what you said about phobias.

This can be found out through things like hypnosis.

I know some people scoff at hypnosis but it works. Police even use it in what's called forensic hypnosis.

I saw on case where a guy couldn't remember the details of a criminals face and they used forensic hypnosis to tap into his unconscious. They had a sketch done then put it on TV and it led to the criminal.

This also goes to a case where a woman was extremely claustrophobic. They put her under hypnosis and in a past life she was buried alive with a king who died. Some cultures used to bury people alive with kings so they could travel with them to the afterlife.

When this was confronted her claustrophobia started to go away.

I do believe our collective mind or higher self is not bound by these 3-dimensional realities that the higher self is experiencing. So the higher self can experience different local realities.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmysel

I would say that's unusual, but I do the same thing. For whatever reason, I always imagine airplanes exploding in the sky, when I see them. Like it is a gut feeling that they naturally should just explode.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Living in each dimension experiencing a different "slice of life" in each separate dimension would be an intense education learned in a very short time. Might work.... maybe that is why I'm always singing..... "Where is my mind...... where is my mind..... where is......???????

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I met this girl some 14 years ago named Cynthia. She and I came from completely different realms in countless different manners of speaking. I spoke with her, met with her, stole moments away with her virtually every night for several years. I remember vividly the last time I spoke with her as we walked along tide pools on the beach, far away from the judging eyes of our respective peers. She told me our love was parallel. We embraced and she walked away. It was the last time I saw her, the last time I ever spoke to her, the last time I ever heard anything about her. I've searched the world over (as much as one normal person can) and i've come up with nothing.

Our love was parallel, meaning it could never intersect. So, when I entertain the thought of a parallel universe I have to chuckle at the idea that upon death, I might unite with some other part of myself that existed in this parallel realm.

If our lives and these universes are truly parallel, then we'll never be in a position to confirm that.

If this universe is not parallel with the countless other universes (which makes it a multiverse) that exist, however, then they must meet infinitely and not just upon death.

Perhaps it's true that our souls intersect with themselves in the dreaming, or even in waking life. But if our lives are not parallel then they are infinitely connected to one another.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wise Dome

I have thought about this for years and still do from time to time. I never mentioned it 'coz I thought people would think I was nuts...Thank god I found ATS

I have often been doing 'whatever' at the time and thought. "Wow, I could have died just now if things were different" and then proceeded to wonder if things were indeed different and I am now here concious but 'another' me was dead and my family etc were mourning or whatever they would do. My thoughts would then go on to wonder how many possibilities could there be if every moment of my life could be split into alternate universes giving infinite possibilities. Going yet another step, if every person on earth had the same thing the possibilities are literally endless. It is at this point that I have to force my self to stop thinking about it. Spend a little time on that thought process and insanity could readily set in.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
its an extremely intriguing line of thought and one i have mulled over in my mind several times. A conclusion I once found quite beautiful and simple (i cant remember who said it it but it set me thinking) When there is a moment in time that defines who you are time can be split. I got to thinking about that and thought what if every time something of fair signifigance or complexity happened in your life it was like the branching of a tree you split yourself in time amongst the possible outcomes. These non converging branchings would just continue on forever you in every possible state at every possible time forever.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by careface
Interesting.

Something that came to mind today while I was at work is kind of related to this. I came up with a theory that phobias are the result of an accident that happened in either another dimension or a past life, depending on what you believe.

So if someone is afraid of heights, it means in a different dimension or life they died from a high fall. Arachnophobia, they died from a spider bite, etc etc etc......

Acrophobia and Arachnophobia are pretty common fears and their incidence doesn't correlate the number of fatal accidents that are related to these phobias, especially not in the case of Arachnophobia. That means the past life would have to be lived in a different world swarming with venomous spiders; a world where mountain climbing is a widespread obsession.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

top topics

join