It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal National Service Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
While a volunteer armed forces is best, it appears any will do. The US Congress apparently wants to put ALL male and female young adults (18 to 26) in the armed services for two years. Here are links to the bills in the House and Senate.

Do you think this is just a way of circumventing the draft? In that I mean calling everyone back to active duty even after they finished their two years.

Alternatively, do you think this is a good way to keep our military bountiful and diverse?

I like the fact that even the conscientious objectors will be given a role....

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that there are TONS of wacky bills before congress that never see the light of day. Orrin Hatch contributes most of them, by the way

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I could definately see this one making it through, given todays politics.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've heard it will pick up steam AFTER the election. This "draft" seems to be gearing up, The Selective Servic budget is already being beefed up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
From what I have read at various sites and literature that was passed out at the March 20th Peace March I took photo's of. It is planned to go into effect in the spring of 2005. This is one of the reasons I was so surpized to see such a small participation of college students. And I live in a college town. It appears to be paterned after the IDF.

Tut

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This was brought up by Rep Rangel, who is an African American, who said he was tired of minorities in the Army being sent to die by the elite whose children don't serve so he proposed this bill to "level the playing field"

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Gender equality at its best... what will the women voters say with young daughters when they finally wake up and read about this? I would feel more comfortable if I was a father sending my son than my daughter, with all the military rapes, etc. But god forbid I would ever have to make that decision.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think this legislation sucks in the extreme. I will not allow my children to have to serve should they choose not to.

There is no reason for this bill to happen unless they are gearing up for something major to happen in the near future.

I can not support this because I do not know who we will have in power and what the world situation will be in the future.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Whereas I agree with the 'level playing field' concept, I don't think it would work. The elite will always weasel out of doing something they don't want to do. (Dubya comes to mind with his amazing military service record - did anyone say 'AWOL' ? ).

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I think this legislation sucks in the extreme. I will not allow my children to have to serve should they choose not to.

There is no reason for this bill to happen unless they are gearing up for something major to happen in the near future.

I can not support this because I do not know who we will have in power and what the world situation will be in the future.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sorry, f'in new guy...

Couldn't agree more. By passing this legislation, you create a veritable hoard. It would probably multiply the number of people in this country with military experience by 20 (I'll have to check that).

Even if it passes, we still don't have a prayer against China...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have no children, but if I did, there is no way I would allow the government/Illuminati/NWO have my child and send them out to die for one of their corporate wars. Let their own children die if they want, not mine !!!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apophis
sorry, f'in new guy...

Couldn't agree more. By passing this legislation, you create a veritable hoard. It would probably multiply the number of people in this country with military experience by 20 (I'll have to check that).

Even if it passes, we still don't have a prayer against China...

Well first off welcome. Always nice to see new blood around here.

The problem is, is that providing for the common defense is a fairly sketchy term.

Problem two is that people will go to where the need is greatest (psst, that means in a time of war most will be in the military).

This will be a huge deal, but not quite yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If this is true it is scary. From what I studied about history, countries do not build up big armies for no reason, they tend to use them sooner or later. So who are we planning to go to war with next? North Korea or China or who? I wouldn't be surprised if too many people think this will never pass and then it passes due to a concern about lack of forces available for an emergency.

Young people need to get out and vote and express their opinion, if not they may get drafted and have to fight, die or be maimed for life against their will.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Rangel and hollings have been at this since 2001. These bills were also on the record in the house and senate then. Rangel jumped the gun a bit.. but his premise was minority equality. He doesnt want to see the nations poor and black sent off to die like they have been in every other war.

Interestingly enough, this was a key campain issue of Wesley Clark's. Who, if Im right and Kerry really is way more evil then Bush ever thought of being, will be our next vp. The draft board is already accepting paperwork for new advisors and the ss is expanding it's computer systems to datamine technology workers and people fluent in foreign languages.

Regardless of who is president, we shall see a war with Syria or Iran by the end of 2005.. or worse case scenario, considering our ridiculously strained relationship with china ( who stormed out of talks with us yesterday) and russia (who is threatening nato with increasing their nuclear arsenal because of the US miltary hostilities all over the place), we will see one with North Korea.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dep103
This was brought up by Rep Rangel, who is an African American, who said he was tired of minorities in the Army being sent to die by the elite whose children don't serve so he proposed this bill to "level the playing field"

That assertion was proven to be false as by and far, the Black enlistees have shown the sense to go for the more civilian-job related training, moreso tha ntheir White fellow trainees. Rep. Chuckie has a thing about running fast and loose with the facts, as has been highlighted many times in the past. Just more of the attempts to keep the population from uniting and working together so that we never see what they are doing to all of us.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So wait, Thomas.

What was your view on the UNSA?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Great, Jethro, you had to trap me, didn't you?
Ok. The volunteer military is much better than conscript, hands down. On top of that, as time goes by I get more suspicious of possible NWO activity. By bringing more young folks into the military< the nwo will have more of our servicemen to enforce "order" in other countries while at the same time move fit to fight people out of the country so that there"ll be less resistance when the same thing happens here under the military force of other nations

Is that the answer you wanted or expected?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
By bringing more young folks into the military< the nwo will have more of our servicemen to enforce "order" in other countries while at the same time move fit to fight people out of the country so that there"ll be less resistance when the same thing happens here under the military force of other nations

I keep thinking of the national service they have in Isreal.
I think your observations are right on.
Now, if there would be some kind of national emergency, ala 9/11, the "government" could get some national pride going, like the flags flying after 9/11. The young would flock to the enlistment offices. I think this scenario is esp. possible if Kerry wins.
I've said it before, if Kerry wins, people will think they are better off, but Those Who Rule will make greater advances toward NWO.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Awwww, crap. If that bill passes, I have a lurking suspicion Canada will become overwhelmed with more draft-dodgers, like in the 60s. In other words, Canada will get the shaft too. Unemployment will soar, and hippies will abound. Worst both both worlds- hippies with nothing to do.

I really see no reason for manadatory military service in the US, unless their leaders plan on shipping more soldiers places to die.

DE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join