It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocelot's List of things that annoy the hell outta me!-Part 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ok some days I feel like I need to let of some steam.

So today's topic is one that happened recently....Cell Phones in Movie Theaters

I went to the movies to watch Dawn of the Dead last friday. Everything was great, I had a great girl as my date, had a big bag of popcorn and some 7UP and I was excited to see the movie. Then like 30 mins into the movie I hear one of the things I hate to hear most in a movie theater when im watching a movie.... a goddamned cell phone!!! I mean WTF is up with people leaving their cell phones on during the movie? I mean have we become so self obsessed with ourselves that we need to be available to anyone at all times? I swear I heard a friend of mine say once: "If I ever lost my Cell Phone I would die." I felt like saying dude grab a gun, put it in your mouth, and blow your head off!! I mean can you believe that #?

As if it wasnt bad enough that this jackass left his cell phone on during the movie, he took the F###ing call!! I couldn't believe it!! The guy was on the damn phone for like 5 minutes. People trying to watch the movie in peace and quiet and here is this sorry excuse for a human being talking on the phone annoying the hell out of not only me but most people in the theater.

Listen people if you "have" to bring your cell phone do me and all of us a favor and put the damn thing on silent mode. And if you have to take a call at least have the decency of going outside to answer it. Its not that hard, its just common sense!

I swear next time some ass##le answers a call in the middle of a movie Im watching Im going to choke him to death with my bag of popcorn!!!

Anyone here agree with me?

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I agree in full. Anyone with a cellphone that goes off in a movie should be

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yep i am in full agreement with you on this..

Also i hate it when your out with your friends in a bar and between them they spend most of there time on there mobiles..or txting!

Im like HOW RUDE!!! if you have mates who are not out with you, just bring them!!

or im sure they can do without you for one night!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Also i hate it when your out with your friends in a bar and between them they spend most of there time on there mobiles..or txting!

OMG u are so right on that one. I once went out with this girl that spent half the date talking on the Goddamned PHONE!! Finally i had enough and I took her home and never called her again. Later on I bumped into her and she asked me what went wrong and I told her that talking on the phone while you're on a date with someone is not only rude, its disrespectful. She was like

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Man, I so totally agree with you. I always close my cellphone whenever I enter a movie room.

It happenned like 1 or 2 time, I had forgot it "on", and when it rang, I closed it as quick as I could! Can't believe some people would be rude enough to take a call while some people are trying to watch a movie.

Side-note: We really need the Rant section back !!! Voice your opinion people !!! I mean come on, aren't we civilised enough to not-rant against other members? Sure we are! We could even make a special team of people who warn mods when people abuse the rant section or use it to attack other people.

What d'ya think?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree..

and, I was at a Hockey Game last week and as they're making the announcement for everyone to rise for the national anthem, they remind gentlemen to remove thier hats and they also remind everyone, TO PLEASE TURN OFF CELL PHONES..

not everyone listens either.. one rang ! just once, but it was a ring that I and everyone around me hear.

I always turn mine on silent before the games anyway.

arggghhhhh that kills me.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hrm, I think as long as this new crimefighting team are all hot chicks in leather catsuits, it might be easier to convince everyone its a good idea...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Hrm, I think as long as this new crimefighting team are all hot chicks in leather catsuits, it might be easier to convince everyone its a good idea...

Ah man...gotta lose some weight to fit in that leather cat-women suit again... lol...

(j/k)

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I saw Dawn of the Dead Sunday afternoon, someone had a cell ring right before the part where they shoot the "Burt Reynolds" zombies. And it took them a minute to get arouhnd to shutting it off.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I saw Dawn of the Dead Sunday afternoon, someone had a cell ring right before the part where they shoot the "Burt Reynolds" zombies. And it took them a minute to get arouhnd to shutting it off.

Dont you just hate that? Makes you wanna walk over beat him to death with his own cell phone.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In public who cares? But when you have to take out a second mortgage to go to a movie, you should be able to enjoy it in peace. Ocelot, next time that happens I got an idea for your 7up. Let me know how quick that cell phone goes out with carbonated water all through it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ocelot, next time that happens I got an idea for your 7up. Let me know how quick that cell phone goes out with carbonated water all through it.

Hmm Excellent idea. Ima write it down.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Once I was at church, and while everyone was praying, some kid's cell phone rang and she answered it and kept talking. She could at least take it outside.

I also hate it when Im at a friends house and they talk on the phone to other friends. I went to one girls house and she said "Excuse me, could you go in the other room? This is kind of private."

Then, later, I found out she was talking about ME!! Thats the rudest thing anyone's ever done to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"I also hate it when Im at a friends house and they talk on the phone to other friends. I went to one girls house and she said "Excuse me, could you go in the other room? This is kind of private."

Then, later, I found out she was talking about ME!! Thats the rudest thing anyone's ever done to me."

It would have been justice if you had gone into the kitchen, taken a dump on the floor, and then left.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Then, later, I found out she was talking about ME!! Thats the rudest thing anyone's ever done to me.

What did you do when you found out? Did you slap the byatch?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It would have been justice if you had gone into the kitchen, taken a dump on the floor, and then left.

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW Now thats just so wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW Now thats just so wrong

Yeah, but it's KARMA BABY!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yeah, but it's KARMA BABY!

Hell yeah its karma. Imagine the girl's surprise finding a huge steaming stinking turd in the middle of the kitchen!

LMAO!!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You can clean up a poopie on the floor, but you cant clean up your rep that easily. I told some people she was a bisexual. With multiple std's. That spread faster than I thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I got rid of my cell just for this reason.. Oh and I didn't pay my bill......

Somehow it ended up being 2400 bucks... But thats when I would be talking to my now husband on it for hours..

I had the same mentality.. I have to have this phone or i'll die!!

I'm liberated once again, and glad that I don't have stupid thing attached to my ear at all times..
Not to mention it gets pretty annoying when your friends keep calling asking what your doing that day...
Like leave me alone!! Better yet, i'll just throw it out like I did to relieve myself of the duty of having to be cross examined day to day.

And yes I hate it when people leave their phones off in the movies...
I knwo in canada they actually had to make adds on the screen telling people to turn them off!!
How rude and ignorant can people be???

Also when I used to go out with my one friend she would talk on it at least half the night.... So I finally told her, look, i'm not going out with you if your going to be on your stupid phone.....If you need to talk to them that bad, they should of been here... So she worked on it, but I bet ya she still does it, she has a guy problem, so she feels the need to talk to guys when she's out and about...

You know, the old rendezvous at her house after the bars close???? Frisky one she is..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join