It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scattering throughout the Solar System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was wondering if maybe the reason that we are being held back in the space program is that once we come up weith a reasonably cheap way into space that we will scatter into first the solar system and later the galaxy to the point that we will be impossible to control by any Government?

I read a fairly good book on the subject of colonizing the solar system called the "Millinium Project" that gave a step by step guide to doing cheaply and quickly. I think the world governments do not want to do this because they will lose control over the population.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't think that the government would allow civillians into space until the corporations had a stranglehold on whatever was of value there. Then they could go, probably as employees.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Instead of starting another thread on this subject I was wondering if any one else had read this book. It is amazing, a step by step guide to settling the solar system in a matter of 40-50 years instead of 100s of years. Under these guide lines the common man would be in space in 20-30 years and an atmosphere on Mars in 100 years instead of several thousand.

I cannot understand why we did not try the ideas unless for the reasons I gave

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Mars is the closest to earth in terms of supporting life.

I'm curious, how the book proposes creating an atmosphere for Mars and generating a magnetic field around it or some other form of radiation barrier.

I question any method for quick and easy colonization of other bodies in our solar system.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think what 'we're' waiting for is a global government to control the earth. I think at that point they would have the ability to control space without any input from other sources, which is really what it's all about.

After that happened, I believe it would be easier to quickly expand the space program, because resources would be freed from international affairs and could be used for other things.

If and when a global government takes power, the space problem will begin to be solved rapidly.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If the only way to get to space is to have a One World Government, then we should just forget it. I'd rather just sit here wondering what's out there than go there as some pawn of the Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Mars is the closest to earth in terms of supporting life.

I'm curious, how the book proposes creating an atmosphere for Mars and generating a magnetic field around it or some other form of radiation barrier.

I question any method for quick and easy colonization of other bodies in our solar system.

As far as Mars goes it proposes to slam meteors heavy with CO2 into Mars releasing the Co2 into the atmosphere which is a greenhouse gas raising the surface temp enough to start the caps to melting whuich are mostly CO2 which would raise the temp even more. A few Ice heavy meteors and we a almost there.

Next we would spread plants to turn the CO2 into a earth-like atmosphere, this part would take a very long time but till then you would be able to walk the Martian surface with just a oxygen tank.

Getting into space cheaply would start by building rail guns along to equater making a few third world countries into world powers in the process. One of the best places to build one is in Africa where a couple rail guns would turn the "Dark Contenent" into a economic Super Power. With the Rail Guns you could put payloads into space for just a few dollars a pound. The average persons ticket would cost about as much as a plane ticket today.

That is just the start, the rail Guns would get use cheaply to the moon which could be mined and with rail guns there the minerals could be shiped off the moon for a few CENTS a pound. Cheaper than could be shiped from point A to point B on earth.

The list is endless, these are just the first couple steps the book takes you all the way to the stars.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't think that the government would allow civillians into space until the corporations had a stranglehold on whatever was of value there. Then they could go, probably as employees.

This is why this book is so important. Following the steps would make a trip to Mars the same as a trip from USA to say Europe today.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I think what 'we're' waiting for is a global government to control the earth. I think at that point they would have the ability to control space without any input from other sources, which is really what it's all about.

I think part of the problem is that using these methods would take the major players all but out of the space race they would still supply the tech but most of the hardware would be located in third world countries so for now there is no real reason for the countries with the money to bankroll it and the ones that would benifet do not have the tech. or the cash to get started

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I think part of the problem is that using these methods would take the major players all but out of the space race they would still supply the tech but most of the hardware would be located in third world countries so for now there is no real reason for the countries with the money to bankroll it and the ones that would benifet do not have the tech. or the cash to get started

With one world government, there will be only one country. There will be only one major player. And they will be able to do whatever they see fit.

Delta Chaos

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

With one world government, there will be only one country. There will be only one major player. And they will be able to do whatever they see fit.

we have been waiting on the one world Government for about 2-3 thousand years now I was kinda hoping for something a little quicker.......LOL

Its to bad that Africa cant seem to get its collictive # togather long enough to buy the tech and build the rails. I wonder if that might be part of the reason that so much chaos seems to be sowed there? They have the resources and the perfect location, and doing it would put Africa at the forefront of world power. Whoever controls Space controls Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Rail Guns?

I'm assuming that you are referring to electromagnetic launching devices that set the ships onto rails, then move them really fast along the rails which gradually move upwards and then slope straight, shooting the object off into space.

First off, the equator would be a bad idea because our atmosphere is not spherical, the same as the earth. The equatorial atmosphere is nearly twice as high as the polar atmosphere, causing a hell of a lot more resistance.

Second Off, rail guns aren't things that the world is ready to just 'set up' and start making. They would be massively expensive to create. You would probably counter this by saying that that is where the 'third world > superpowers' bit comes in, but the thing is, they need starting cash, how do you get starting cash? Investors. How do you get investors? By marketing your product to rich people. Where are the rich people? Not in these countries, they remain dirt poor while the 'Free World' benefits.

Third Off, getting into space is useless without a means of return, this means we require good spacefaring vehicles, which are capable of easy transfer into our atmosphere, and landing. Now these cost money folks. Big money. Enough money that it will not just start costing dollars to get into space. Unless, of course, hundreds of thousands of people are willing to buy these spacevehicles, then the cost plummets dramatically, but now we need more launchers, oh, and what about airfare and transportation of spacevehicles to the launchpads in AFRICA? That'll cost a ton, and the massive amount of training it would take to operate these, as well as the experience it would take to keep from crashing into anything once there are hundreds of thousands of us up there, and to land the craft.

Now we need a reason for them to go up repeatedly, why would anyone pay to go up more than once? They've been there, done that. We need infrastructure, people, TONS more money needed here.

I'm sorry Amuk, but a couple of Railguns built in Africa will not put the whole damned solar system into our grasp within 50 years. Lets see if we get cold fusion in 50 years, that'll make solar domination simple.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Its to bad that Africa cant seem to get its collictive # togather long enough...

Actually, Africa's collective # is the topic of the debate I'm in. I perused about 50 pages of Africa's economic and political history, and what's being done about it.

Seems there are a lot of people with lots of money who want to see Africa unionized and strengthened. It makes sense, because the NWO would have a much easier time implementing itself if it knew it wouldn't have to babysit an entire third world continent.

Africa will be on line and a major economic force in the world in no less than 30 years.

DeltaChaos

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
First off, the equator would be a bad idea because our atmosphere is not spherical, the same as the earth. The equatorial atmosphere is nearly twice as high as the polar atmosphere, causing a hell of a lot more resistance.

That would explain why the French space program is located in Guiana - on the equator.

*EDIT: Sorry, I meant the European Space Agency. They take advantage of the Earth's spin to gain approximately 10% more payload.

[Edited on 3-21-2004 by insite]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sorry, I think it would be easiest to do launches in polar regions. The russians did it well enough, we could too.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Sorry, I think it would be easiest to do launches in polar regions. The russians did it well enough, we could too.

When did the Russians do any polar launches?

Other that ICBM launches.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The ICBM's, likely a lot of their satellites.. where are their craft launched from?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The ICBM's, likely a lot of their satellites.. where are their craft launched from?

The Baikinour Cosmodrome in Kazahkstan. As far as I know they have never launched a satellite from the polar regions. Why would you want to?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Because the air is thinner for one, and because the atmosphere is literally almost half as thin in polar regions as in equatorial regions, that is why HAARP is located there, for easier reach to the ionosphere, and that is why the ozone holes appear around the poles.

It would be roughly the same for escape of earth's gravity, but you wouldn't have as much atmosphere to escape from, its like if you wamted to jump out of a pool, you'd go to the place the water was shallowest, not thickest.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Because the air is thinner for one, and because the atmosphere is literally almost half as thin in polar regions as in equatorial regions, that is why HAARP is located there, for easier reach to the ionosphere, and that is why the ozone holes appear around the poles.

What? Why would it matter to a spacecraft? Doesn't the air get thinner as it goes up anyway? Not sure what you are trying to get at.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join