It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart nails Rove and others on Palin hypocrisy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Jon Stewart is a living GOD.

He completes me.

First, you really need to get a life.

Second, send him that in an email and wait for men in white jackets to come to your door.

Just kidding of course.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its truly sad when people run to the defense of Republicans every time they are exposed to the truth.

Fox news totally swings in their favor. They also have Rush Limbaugh! A man who called Obama a "Halfrican" and a "Little Black Boy Mian Child". Enough said...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tamerlane

I am kinda confused on the Palin oil thing. What IS her relationship with big oil. And isn't she supporting the drilling of ANWER?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Stewart is one of the very few honest reporters on television. Hes not even a real reporter and he is still better than all the traitors on faux news and etc....

Watching any news channel on cable makes me want to vomit. I used to listen to Hannity and Rush on the radio during my lunch breaks, just to educate myself on the thought processes of my enemies. The hypocrisy was insane. Completely nuts. I cant believe people listen to these guys and cant see them for what they are. It blows my mind. I don't even bother with msn or cnn, it's all the same garbage, just with a different slant.

Stewart tells the truth no matter who it is and what they do. He puts out information that people need to hear. Everyone needs to see who the people running our country really are. The news media don't report a damn thing, its just one giant propaganda machine. I think Stewart tries to break through as much as he can without making himself too huge of a target.

Those of you bashing him, why? For telling the truth? Its always conservative vs liberal with you guys. I am neither, I see all parties doing nothing but quietly trying to ruin what we have in this country and I see Stewart using what little power he has to try to inform the masses.

There's people out there trying to break through the political smokescreen. And then there's those of you who do nothing but try your best to mislead us and turn truth into a partisan divide. Those exposing power for what it is are always working for the other side right?

Im SICK and TIRED of politics! I'm tired of this fog of war.

I just want the truth already!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Star & Flag for the OP. What a great thread. I love it when info straight to the point. There is no denying what was said. Republicans are so two faced! Say one thing and come back with the complete opposite.

Also, I don't see any liberal media members taking personal pop shots at any one. Maybe Lou Dobbs, but he's fake to me too. Here are the three conservitive show hosts that are repping the republicans.

Mark Levine- Calls his liberal callers Idiots..

Rush Limbaugh- Racist

Bil O'Reilly- Pushes around party workers.

Lets be real here, the conserv. media lacks any sort of class.

Jon Stewart is the man....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

No doubt. Here they get completely called out and all anyone can say is, "OMG liberals do it to".

Show me a major news anchor stuffing his own foot in his mouth like O'Reilly did and I will agree with you. Show me a major liberal political pundit contradicting himself in such a gross manor and I will not run away.

Why can't people just say, "well, these people are crappy, obviously"? Bill O'Reilly contradicts himself on a weekly basis, yet people still run to his defenses because he tells them what they want to hear.

This video does exactly what it should. It shows direct moral contradictions with major republican players. How anyone can deny that or justify it is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Remember when Jon Stewart used to be funny? Me neither!

I have never seen a politician slammed so hard by the media. The only one that comes close would be Dan Quayle....he was a Republican too.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Last night's show illustrated so clearly how McCain has taken over the "change" mantra. Not only that, his speech was nearly a copy of GW Bush's speech from 2000! They even expressed thanks to each other!

It's a must-see for anyone who thinks McCain represents anything other than more Bush.

"John McCain's Big Acceptance Speech" Video

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Remember when Jon Stewart used to be funny? Me neither!

I have never seen a politician slammed so hard by the media. The only one that comes close would be Dan Quayle....he was a Republican too.

I guess it depends on perspective...

I thought CLINTON got it REALLY bad for the hummer.

AND I think BUSH has gotten it too.

RR I am saying this as a person and not a partisan.

In Mccain picking Palin so late in the game, so close to the RNC and the fact that she is a virtual unknown... Well this make her a target of intense scrutiny. It was a choice
on Mccains behalf - all and all it has been good for THE base...

If the media didn't have a hard on for PALIN then I think you would be in a worse position.

LORD OBAMA would have skipped into the white house with out all this negative attention.

THE GLASS is half full...

GAME on - PALIN ain't seen nothing yet, may she survive the bombs to come.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Yeah, I have to disagree with RR also.

Palin may be getting it hard, but she deserves it. Who is she? Why is she on a VP ticket? With all of the talk about Obama's experience level, can't they see the irony in the republican's choosing Palin?

Look, Palin hasn't even begun to get put under real scrutiny yet. RR, do you know what real scrutiny is? It's talking about McCain's age every time they bring him up. It's talking about the lack of a lapel on Obama's shirt. It's talking about how Obama doesn't give presents or have pets.

Right now they are just talking about the logistics of Palin being a VP. You think it's bad? Wait until they get bored with real questions and they start dragging her into the typical election mudslinging.

Just think about some of the stupid things said about Hillary and you'll see what Palin is in for (and yes, it will come 2-fold for Palin because she has no experience).

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, that was great. I can't access it on the Comedy Central site for some reason, here's the only link I could find directly to it....

www.theinformationparadox.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
RepubliCon Hypocrisy

karl rove (why is this guy not in jail?)

bildo o'reilly (nuthin' but SPIN ZONE)

And other neo-con talking heads up to their ears in hypocrisy...

Remember, these tools are helping to shape/control the less gifted minds of Amerika.

For the record, and for those of you who will certainly get their panties in a bunch over me posting this video (you know who you are lol )

Both sides of this facade called an election are equally guilty, and should be gutted like the cancers they are from our Great Republic!

Enjoy the Saturday morning humor!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's from last Friday's episode when they showcased McCain's flip flops...

John McCain- Reformed Maverick

beltwayblips.com...

I thought this was the very thing they used against Kerry last election, is there any difference that McCain supporters could point out for us?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yeah, the Reformed Maverick clip was great. It spoke to me in so many ways. I remember seeing John McCain years back and saying, "Man, I wish he'd run for President".

He was so non-partisan. He was passionate. He really did tell it like it was. He wasn't afraid to criticize the President while still being a conservative, but he wasn't neo-conservative by any means.

But now he's just another one of them...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Tell me about it. I even voted for him last election, I liked him as our Senator. But he's bought and paid for now.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I happen to have caught that airing of Jon show to laugh myself silly.

Please don't poke fun at Alaska or the Matanuska Valley. Its the most beautiful land this country has in all 50 states.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer
Please don't poke fun at Alaska or the Matanuska Valley. Its the most beautiful land this country has in all 50 states.

I dunno, I think Sedona can at least give it a run for it's money.

Anyway, no poking fun at Alaska here, my fiancee is from Kenai. That's why I can't figure out what you guys see in Palin. She sounds like she's from Minnesota (*not ALL people from Minnesota have annoying voices) but seems to be caught up in that deep south form of religious intolerance (*that not ALL from the deep south practice). Most people from Alaska I've met are of good character, but still somewhat progressive. Guess you guys just don't get much attention up in Alaska, so we, down here in the lower 48, are to blame for her support up there, lol.

* disclaimers

[edit on 8-9-2008 by 27jd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join