It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest "car bomb" in Iraq may have been a micro nuke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the unedited footage of the moment where the bomb explodes in the background of an interview? I'm talking about the footage where you see a lady talking about something, and in the background, a bright yellow flash overtakes all of scenery behind her before giving way to a small-by-distance fiery blast.

It was a nuke! There is no doubt that it was a tactical or micro nuke, not a car bomb as claimed, that was planted and detonated. It left a 7 meter wide crater in the pavement for crying out loud!!! That on top of the distinguishable bright yellow flash preceding the explosion. the news claimed that it was nothing more than a 400+kg explosive device, which is substantial already.

have any of you seen this or have any thoughts to share on this matter?

[Edited on 3/18/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If it was a nuke, why wouldn't people in the area been getting radiation burns? Plus, will video cameras function in a radio active area without protection? And what of the EMP blast from the detonation?...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
like I said, it could have been a small nuke. a tactical warhead designed without those nasty ICBM side effects.

have you seen the video? I saw it on tv... trying to see if i can locate a downloadable link

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah I saw it. And it looked like one hell of an explosion. But why would they use a mini-nuke? Unless this explosion was caused by a US government agency or some other government agency, I highly doubt it was a nuke. Terrorists tend to you low-tech means to their ends...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
you got me there. I'm not sure which side would have provided the means for such a blast. though i'd love to pin the tail on the usual CIA donkey, im not very sure of that.

this may have something to do with the nuclear weapon information leaks that was in the news a few weeks ago, however. perhaps such items could have been covertly smuggled from nuclear capable countries in the region.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well. The rumor in that area was spreading that some people saw the tail end of a missle. But I doubt a missle would do damage in that manner. With the crater being where it was and all. Plus, couldn't you hear the thruster from a missle as it was incoming?

I don't think the US government had anything to do with it really. Since the motel that was destroyed had foriegn contractors in it. But it seems that US troops were forcing people back from the blast site, and n empty ambulance or two was trying to get away from the area and turned back. But that can be explained a many different ways...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
u could make tomahawk missiles at home for under $5,000. maybe that was what it was...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
tomahawk missles don't usually make a distinct bright yellow flash that visually dims everything else, however. it was brief, like maybe .5 seconds, but it was BRIGHT and very noticeable. Plus, the fact that the lady in the interview ducked another 1 second after the flash helps to support the idea that this was no ordinary bomb. on Earth, the bigger the explosion, the longer it usually takes for the resonance shockwave (the BOOM) to take place.

still trying to find the video online...

supposedly, the US-funded al-Hurra network filmed the footage I am talking about. it appeared to be a live interview or something like that. however, their website is of no help (surprise surprise).

and check this out. think I am making up these details? from

sfgate.com.../news/archive/2004/03/18/international1020EST0554.DTL

"The U.S.-funded Arabic Al-Hurra TV station captured the blast on video -- a massive fireball exploding into the night sky about a half-mile away with a thunderous boom following a second later. "

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe. But doesn't just about any attack made by one of these terrorist groups involve a suicide? And would a tomahawk have that large of a blast radius?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If you use enough tnt, or plastic explosives, you can make any explosion look like a nuke.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Government officials say the blast crater is consistent with a 1000 pound bomb. No Nuke, sorry.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
nukes would take to long to make and cost much more than a bomb. I dont think that a terrorist organisation would use a nuke for something like this?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

like I said, it could have been a small nuke. a tactical warhead designed without those nasty ICBM side effects

umm, do you know what fission is? Here are some facts. I suggest you do some quick research.

www.stopthebombs.org...
www.nukewatch.org...

Variable

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
tomahawk missles don't usually make a distinct bright yellow flash that visually dims everything else, however. it was brief, like maybe .5 seconds, but it was BRIGHT and very noticeable. Plus, the fact that the lady in the interview ducked another 1 second after the flash helps to support the idea that this was no ordinary bomb. on Earth, the bigger the explosion, the longer it usually takes for the resonance shockwave (the BOOM) to take place.

yea but this is a home made missile. it probably explodes different than a regular tomahawk missile.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

like I said, it could have been a small nuke. a tactical warhead designed without those nasty ICBM side effects

umm, do you know what fission is? Here are some facts. I suggest you do some quick research.

www.stopthebombs.org...
www.nukewatch.org...

Variable

ummmmmm, I know what fission is. what point are you trying to make? That I don't know about the way atoms split?

what I am saying is the smaller and more controlled detonation featured within tactical nukes are designed to perform to be thought of as anything but a real nuke. there would be little to no EMP shockwave because of this design, and there actually HAVE been reports of radiation exposure in the Bali event.

OH and speaking of radiation exposure, anyone with a geiger counter in Iraq knows that it is difficult to tell whether or not the background radiation is coming from a bomb or the used and unused depleted uranium that the US military uses for ammo.

...so that's it so far? only one guy saw the footage? I know the American media channels are very censored, but come on... (yes, what I saw was on international news, NHK [nippon/japan], to be precise). Go Nippon!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

OH and speaking of radiation exposure, anyone with a geiger counter in Iraq knows that it is difficult to tell whether or not the background radiation is coming from a bomb or the used and unused depleted uranium that the US military uses for ammo.

True, very true. Go the "This is sick" thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

still trying to find the video online...

supposedly, the US-funded al-Hurra network filmed the footage I am talking about. it appeared to be a live interview or something like that. however, their website is of no help (surprise surprise).

and check this out. think I am making up these details? from

sfgate.com.../news/archive/2004/03/18/international1020EST0554.DTL

"The U.S.-funded Arabic Al-Hurra TV station captured the blast on video -- a massive fireball exploding into the night sky about a half-mile away with a thunderous boom following a second later. "

AlnilamOmega,

How many Tomahawk missiles have you seen impact a target? If you knew even a little bit about cameras and how they work then you would not have written the statement about the

"bright yellow flash that visually dimmed everything else."

They were filming at night, so naturally any sufficiently bright light that develops in a shorter time period than it takes for the camera's aperature to adjust will visually dim everything else. Any bright light would cause this. I am in Baghdad and i felt the blast from my living area which is approx. 1km from the hotel, the shockwave took about 1second to pass me, and i took a step back when it did. I also saw that news footage (or a re-airing of it) on Fox News of one of the three female members on the Iraqi Governing Council being interviewed and of the blast in the background, it is conceivable that with her proximity to the explosion she would be utterly suprised and very alarmed which would cause her to react the way she did, not to mention the shockwave. And please explain where you got the junk physics notion;

"The bigger the explosion, the longer it usually takes for the resonance shockwave (the BOOM) to take place."

As for your comment about the crater it left in the street: A small amount of C-4 packs a pretty big punch. Less than a pound of C-4 could potentially kill several people, and several military issue M112 blocks of C-4, weighing about 1.25 pounds (half a kilogram) each, could potentially demolish a truck. So, being 1000lbs of C-4 with some artillery shells thrown in, it would easily match the profile of the explosion. You might ask... "how do they know it was C-4"? Well my friend Composition 4 contains dimethyldinitrobutane (DMDNB), which functions as a chemical marker for security forces (so they know that C-4 was used.)

Your Mini-Nuke theory doesn't hold water my friend.

-Durandal

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
pretty crappy debunkery, man. im sorry, but that could have been a lot better.

I originally never brought up tomahawks myself, but I have seen videos of those types of warheads hitting their targets. I have seen javelins, as well.

yes, it was being filmed at night. very good. but even so, a conventional bomb would not be as bright as that. At most, there would be a local illumination effect (buildings becoming brighter for an instant) and certainly NOT an impressively bright flash of pure amberish-yellow light that would last for at least half a second. I strongly doubt that you saw the video, and if you did, try to think of it a bit more. Since you probably havent seen it, your debunking attempt doesnt hold any water, my friend.

im working on getting this video but no one has it. i ask you to stand by on your debunkeries until you see the actual video of the blast taking place. then you will be in the best position to make a viable argument.

PS: I liked xenosaga, too. that ship kicked some serious butt!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Refer to this link

www.gulflink.osd.mil...

For information on DU.

Any sort of nuke would show a spike in radiation around the blast area. A much higher reading than this so-called Ambient radiation caused by DU.

Please do some research before you post.

-Durandal

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durandal

Refer to this link

www.gulflink.osd.mil...

For information on DU.

Any sort of nuke would show a spike in radiation around the blast area. A much higher reading than this so-called Ambient radiation caused by DU.

Please do some research before you post.

-Durandal

so what makes you think the controlled media is going to report on the levels of radiation in Iraq? it's not like they make a fuss about DU in the first place, and I havent heard the phrase "geiger counter" on any american news outlet in relation to the situation in Iraq. how do we know for sure that there wasn't such a spike in that radiation when we have no information reported to us in relation to that in the first place?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join