It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Scientists: Use Spaceships To Block Out The Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Climate Scientists: Use Spaceships To Block Out The Sun

www.propagandamatrix.com

A madcap plan to send a fleet of shiny spaceships to form a physical cloud between the Sun and the Earth, covering half the diameter of the entire planet.

"Political inaction on global warming has become so dire that nations must now consider extreme technical solutions - such as blocking out the sun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
What No!? This has to be an Onion article right? What they are serious? Somebody stop the MADNESS!

This is the WORST idea I have ever heard. Where to begin.
Who gets to control the spaceships?
What if they break down; permanent darkness?

We have GOT to learn to live with our natural sun. I cant believe I have to say it. If we cannot sustain life on Earth because we messed it up well then we all deserve to die.

Use all the science and resources to create green energy and clear the air instead of blocking out the freaking SUN!

jeez

www.propagandamatrix.com

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I literally started laughing when I read this article. What a waste of an idea. What are our scientists up to today? Instead of trying to find the true cause behind the climate change of the SOLAR SYSTEM, they seem to be more worried about whether or not it's something we can even intervene in. Not to mention that activists have repeatedly ignored the fact that even the gas giants outside the asteroid belt have seen temperature gains and atmospheric changes in the last decade on a drastic scale. I suppose the new line of SUV just unveiled on Saturn are tearing a hole in Saturn's atmosphere.

Regardless, this is a hilarious idea, and I'd like to see it in Hollywood's next movie that tells us how to live.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What? Didn't Mister Burns already do that on "The Simpsons"?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This idea is about as stupid as the argument over what is causing climate change.

sty

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

it is not a bad ideea , however this year it is way too cold to do that haha. freezing here in the UK!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i wish they would place the space ships between the rain and my house..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

I thought scientists told Al Gore it was people who were causing global warming. Now it`s the suns fault? Gee, can`t they make up their minds whos fault it really is?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
blocking out the sun would cause drastic effects:

it would drasticly reduce the process of pan evaporation which is a cooling process,less evaporation would cause an increase in droughts across the world, not to mention a harsh affect upon the worlds already shifting climate.

this would also lead to less cloud formation one of the main methods of reflecting the suns rays.

lastly it would reduce the growth rates of vegitation who are responible for the main recycling of carbon dioxide.

the only way to cease global warming is to reduce greenhouse gases,and remove the metallic particles that now permeate the atmosphere resulting in artificial warming.whos putting them there?.who wants to heat up the planet artificialy?.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
This idea is about as stupid as the argument over what is causing climate change.

The idea in itself is just plain idiotic. It really is a moot point now anyways, since there are events in motion that we really can't stop. Regardless, it's never stupid to debate the causes of something. No matter what happens, at least we could try to understand it more in-depth, instead of shifting blame from one party to another.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oooh, nice find!

These articles come out every so often. They're not going to place ships between the earth and sun, so don't worry. The real agenda is much more insidious, and the OP has fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

This is nothing more than a bully threat. "If you people don't start listening to us, we'll have to do something drastic and destroy the planet ourselves." Any thinking person knows that this is a ludicrous plan from the start. To start with, we do not have the money to do it. Secondly, how much energy would it take to get all those ships into orbit? Energy production here on earth at this time produces the dreaded CO2 molecule.
Thirdly, what would we use to keep the ships in position? They would be so far from the planet that I seriously doubt inertial orbits would be achievable. Fourthly, who exactly is going to live on these ships to operate them? And even if we did get enough able volunteers to spend years of their life in frozen space, what happens when they need to come home? We know that there is a limit to the amount of time an astronaut can spend in zero-G space before health problems manifest. That's a new landing/launch every few years at best.

What will these astronauts eat? So we'll get to launch shuttles every few weeks to carry them food. More energy expended. How about the problems of human waste? Oh, that's right, after a few years, we will just bring them home and allow that giant turd to do the work.
What happens if one of the astronauts has a health concern while in space? That could be a fun thing, rendezvousing with an out-of-control ship whose pilot is dead amidst a fleet of sun-blockers. Where's Buck Rodgers when you need him?

This is nothing more than a scare tactic, and as the article aptly points out, it shows the hypocrisy of the GW activists. For years we have been told that the sun is irrelevant and that only CO2 is the cause of GW. Now we have a plan to 'fix' the 'problem' by blocking out the sun. Can anyone say "backstroke"?

Yeah, thanks so much for finding this. It reinforces the truth behind Global Warming: its obvious lack of science.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So uhhh... what about the plants? They need to photosynthesize in order to eat the CO2 and process oxygen.

Granted I may be judging too soon, but initially this looks like a horrible idea.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea to me! Why not try to block out that pesky sun and all of it's damaging rays. I looked for a "donate now" button to try to help fund this project but was unable to find it, guess I'll hang on to that check for now.

The first thing I thought of when reading this article was that 1975 report in Newsweek where some scientists suggested melting the Arctic ice caps with black soot to help alleviate global cooling! The article can be found in numerous places, like this one.

Having the debate about the cause of climate change is fine, but throwing billions of dollars at a problem will rarely solve it.

Del

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This crap sounds more scary than Global warming!

Almost as if they are using it as an excuse to do this madness.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

What No!? This has to be an Onion article right? What they are serious? Somebody stop the MADNESS!

This is the WORST idea I have ever heard. Where to begin.
Who gets to control the spaceships?
What if they break down; permanent darkness?

We have GOT to learn to live with our natural sun. I cant believe I have to say it. If we cannot sustain life on Earth because we messed it up well then we all deserve to die.

Use all the science and resources to create green energy and clear the air instead of blocking out the freaking SUN!

jeez

www.propagandamatrix.com

Maybe even three days of darkness

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Haha oh great more debris, we'll pretty soon look like saturn. But covering the half of the Earth? I'm pretty sure that the meteors and asteroids will knock them out of place, must be also good for the space shuttle too.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How bizarre that they keep going with this nineteenth century mechanistic view of the atmosphere and the carbon cycle.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think this is an absolutely great idea. We need to load Al Gore, David Rockerfeller, Maurice Strong.... On this rockets. It would solve the global warming problem and a lot of others besides.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe we should just not use gas to power our automobiles or run machines of any kind with gasoline (petro). Ofcourse the oil industry will not go for it because they rule the world and countries that uses bad coal to burn whatever is bad. We also need forest to be planted and not destroyed like they do in Brasil and other places of the world. Too many people on the planet as well but people will do what people do. So in other words we are killing ourselves. Global warming or cooling is a natural cycle and we have gone through it many many times. Ofcourse we cannot satisfy everyone so we lose in the long run. I just feel sorry for the children and future children of this world because no one wants to listen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join