It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really aliens or just time travel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2002 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Are there really aliens or is it Humans from the future with space age ships capable of time travel.

posted on Jul, 7 2002 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i was thinking about that too. in fact, i remeber something very much like that, in one of those "Choose Your Adventure" kind of books. it was about kids in present day or near future that meet with some "aliens" that were described as looking like The Greys except with human colored skin. the "aliens" were actually humans from a distant future that went back in time to warn the humans in the book about what will eventually happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2002 @ 07:01 PM
link   
At the very least, we must presume that anyone capable of time travel must also be capable of space travel as well;

If you were to make an absolute shift in time, without moving in space during time travel, then the planet would move out from under you...Within the first few seconds of time-shift.

You'd best be in a spaceship or some other self-contained environment when you flip the switch on the time machine!

posted on Jul, 7 2002 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think time travel is impossible and really just dangerous. Example: If you would travel through time, you could not impact anything in the past. If you did, it would make a chain reaction of changed events. Even talking to a person about small talk could change a lot. Just think about it.

Now faster travel is possible. There can be many ways it can be done. But it can be dangerous too (Just like a nuclear reactor. It can do more, but with that much power, it can be terrible in an accident.). So travel is more, by far, possible I think.

posted on Jul, 8 2002 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Very good point, time travel could be very dangerous but we have no idea what the Gov. has because they keep stuff so hush hush. Many poeple say that aliens have more advanced technology than we do like teleporting but i was listening to the news and I found that scienctist's have figured out how to teleport small objects acrossed a room. So I think it is not the fact that we don't have there technology it's the fact that we haven't invented it yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2002 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In an issue of PM, they had the cover story on teleportion. They said it could be done, but it would come out as a pile of matter on the other side. They must now figure out how to rearrange the thing going through the travel so it comes back the same.

Time Travel

I still don't think time travel can be possible because it's not physically done. You may say something like, "People didn't think it was possible to go the speed of sound. But we did." That's done with physical means. Time is not a physical thing. Aging is the physical part of time. But aging can't be reversed. It can only be hidden. So to close this statement, time and its parts can't be reversed or "fast forwarded," they can only be played with to seem like time travel has happened (...meaning if playing with time happened, nothing would change because it never happened- except here.).

Confusing subject eh?

posted on Jul, 8 2002 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well you do make a good point but the teleportion only came back the same with very small objects like a pencil and and stamp, they tried it with an apple but it did not work they siad it blew up.

posted on Jul, 8 2002 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Where did you hear about this at?

posted on Jul, 8 2002 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That would definately explain abductions they are going back in time to study their ancestors and/or study us to prevent a catostrophic event, plague, etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2002 @ 02:50 PM
link   
None of you have actually thought this through have you?

Think about it, if humans came back from the future to warn us that a big plague/catastrophe/meteor whatever was going to wipe us out... They would have come back and told us. Then we would have done something abut it. And the event would never have happened.
So the situation would not occur in the future and the "aliens" would have no reason to be here. So we would never have seen them in the first place.

PS, if you think about this for more than five minutes at a time, your head will explode.

posted on Jul, 31 2002 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You stole my theory! I posted something similar to this on the old board. But I think it could have something to do with just advancing humans in the future. Thinnk about it, they give us new technology to make us more advance...advancing themselves in the future..why? *shrug* there's millions of possibilities. And there's probably holes in that theory too but I haven't tried to find any so tell me if you think there are

posted on Aug, 1 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
UFO's dont come from the future

they come from the present,they are man-made,the TR-3B and the X-22a are perfect examples

posted on Aug, 1 2002 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Exactly!

Fen

posted on Aug, 1 2002 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oisin
None of you have actually thought this through have you?

Think about it, if humans came back from the future to warn us that a big plague/catastrophe/meteor whatever was going to wipe us out... They would have come back and told us. Then we would have done something abut it. And the event would never have happened.
So the situation would not occur in the future and the "aliens" would have no reason to be here. So we would never have seen them in the first place.

PS, if you think about this for more than five minutes at a time, your head will explode.

Too late, my head already exploded. A few years ago I had almost the same thought.

If I went back in time and killed my younger self then I'd cease to exist. Then because I didn't exist in the future I couldn't have gone back to kill myself, so therefore I would exist.

I got a headache thinking about it and just gave up.

posted on Aug, 1 2002 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I thought of adding that part to my post, but I thought of something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But first here's something to think about) The future is what is going to happen. To give you an idea, read this: In your future we will say you will go to the past. When you are in the past, that is your future (what happens).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's why I didn't post what Oisin brought up) If you do something in the past, that changes your memories so you don't remember the old past. If that would cause the chain-reaction that may change everything due to that thoughts of the past and present are scrambled. Little thoughts are missing, and the little thoughts form the big ones. Things would change for the better and worse. Then if the reaction effects the making of the time machine or your life, you are thrown into the past that would be just the same. Then literally, nothing happened. You would make the same moves again and again. So no one in the future would know where you went. Stuck in a black hole of time.

Powerful stuff. You could try to get arid of someone like that.

So there you have it.

posted on Aug, 6 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hello everyone

I'm new to this board, so I will begin my post by a short presentation.

I'm french and I live in Montreal. So please excuse my english.

I've always been interested in astronomy and UFOs. I've read many books on the subject and I do believe UFOs are real as well as abductions.

To come back to the current topic, saying that the aliens come from the future to solve the distance problem doesn't make sense. If it is possible to travel through time, extra-terrestrials could come here, and come back to our current time when they arrive.

Nevertheless, if they really come from Zeta reticuli, it is quite extraordinary that 2 intelligent species evolved that close to each other in the galaxy..

So maybe there is a link between our 2 species.. maybe our descendants went to Zeta reticuli or the opposite.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I, at least, say the time travel part about all of this could not be a factor. Also there is no proof that aliens came from Zeta Reticuli. There are too many claims that they come from all kinds of places (like stars and planets that are not there 8^\). It really is a screwed up subject.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I know the Zeta reticuli stuff is not proven at all. I am myself very skeptical about that.

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Time travel is completely impossible. That's it. It's impossible, so it's not an issue. Just saying this won't convince you, but think about it, it will never ever work. It just won't. I'm not a scientist so I can't say why. But it won't work. Ever.

TIME DOES NOT EXIST SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHAT'S DONE IS DONE. BY DEFINITION IT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO RETURN TO AN IDENTICAL SITUATION THAT HAS ALREADY OCCURED.

That's my tupence, and you got it for nothing so count yourself lucky. ;-)

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If you can't say why, how can you be so sure?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join