It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
thisguyrighthere,

I couldn't agree more.

As I said, Palin is a strong Conservative. Just the kind we needed on our ticket. I'm extremely happy with the pick.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm saying this could be another 2000. The polls are going to be extremely close. Obama had a small margin before McCain picked Palin. They are in a dead heat. I am thinking on Nov. 4th, there will be A LOT of unhappy Americans, especially if Obama loses.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is so transparent it's embarassing. Biden will eat her alive in the VP debates. McCain has just thrown his experience argument in the trash.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
she's also in the middle of a ongoing ethics investigation involving a messy divorce her sister went through.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Very true, you mentioned that he threw his experience argument into the trash. I think he has a trick up his way. Or he just thinks picking a woman VP will compensate. I cannot tell until they are getting initial polls in.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

McCain knows exactly what he is doing, I can promise you that. He didn't make this choice solely to attract the female vote. He made it because of her conservative values and strong convictions. She's a candidate who will stand up for what we want and will strongly unify the party.

I also don't believe for a moment that Biden will tear her to shreds as an earlier post mentioned. She will and can hold her own. Especially on issues where the Dem's are just plain wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Very true. I'm now just waiting for CNN or Fox to put up a poll on McCain's VP ticket. I will be interested to see people's reactions, mainly democrats.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

as a dem, I think its a very obvious ploy at the female vote.

I agree. Were going to get a whole new view on "The running of the bulls" as the butch female crowd chunks Obama over the side. Many will defect out of sheer revenge for his treatment of Hillary.

This is by far the most interesting turn of events in the election process.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It already is.

They are scared to death.

She is a hard working mother of 5, supports gun rights, pro-life, extremely knowledgeable on energy, not afraid to speak her mind. Not to mention she actually has more executive experience than Obama (or anyone else for that matter).

They are shaking in their Italian loafers.

CNN is already raising questions about her experience (after vouching for Obamas) and wondering whether she can handle the duties of VP with a down syndrome child. Seriously! What a joke!

I'm loving this pick more and more with each passing minute.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Me too, I am very excited to see the Democrats tremble like this. I mean last night, I watched the DNC, they HAD IT in the bag. McCain was building up to this by leaking small bits of information. GOP is extremely happy right now, and I am thinking the other possible VP picks McCain still feel satisfied that they picked the right person.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My vote is going to the MILF. She is hot. Who wouldn't want a milf representing the country. She is the perfect vice president pick. I know others agree with me.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The biggest and most obvious question that came into my mind first was her background and her knowledge of economics.

After all, this is the biggest voting point of the election and one that the Democrats are likely to come back to over and over again in the presidential race.

Mccain's biggest weakness is his lack of experience and complete disability in regards to economic planning and policy, and if she doesnt bring some serious substance to the table in this regard then I feel they have seriously made a poor choice here.

While I am not extremely familiar with her as of yet, I do know that she has a tall order ahead going face to face with Joe Biden, a 30+ year standing Senator. She had better bring more to the table than being female or she is in deep trouble.

Can anyone shed any perspective on her history in regard to the economy?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow, CNN, Fox, and the New York Times have nothing on her and the economy. But frankly, I couldn't too much. If he picked someone who is a women, fishes, and hunts, that's my pick.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is seriously who he picked? Wasn't there a huge scandal in her office this year?
If you find this woman "hot" You must have a serious Oedipus complex.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05

This is seriously who he picked? Wasn't there a huge scandal in her office this year?

Is that a cut and paste or is that real?

If it is

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

That's a terrible hack job.

Are you being serious with that?

Maybe they are more afraid than I thought!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Palin as VP choice was 1st broken HERE on ANOTHER ATS Thread at (8/29/08) @ 07:58 AM
McCain Drops Romney and Pawlenty. Alaska Gov Palin Will Be His VP Choice
Sorry ol buddy but you are a bit slow. I beat you to it.

Please contribute to the original existing discussion and close this thread. THANKS!

[edit on (8/29/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

That's a terrible hack job.

Are you being serious with that?

Maybe they are more afraid than I thought!

She did have her photo taken for an upcomiong issue but that pic there is a mock up for some guys blog.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

AK Gov. Says Staffer Pressed for Trooper's Firing By Kate Klonick - August 13, 2008, 9:53PM In a press conference this afternoon, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) conceded that someone inside her administration pressured the state's Department of Public Safety to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten, Palin's former brother-in-law, who is now embroiled in a bitter custody battle with Palin's sister. Palin's statement is the latest in what has come to be known around Alaska as "Wooten-gate." The scandal began on July 11, when Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan was fired from his post with little explanation, a move that quickly raised questions in Alaska. A few days later, Monegan came forward, stating that he had been pressured by those around Palin to fire Wooten -- but had refused to do so -- a choice that he believes led to his sudden dismissal. Palin denied Monegan's accusations, and a Legislative Council has appointed a special commission to probe the matter.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

She will fit in with the GOP GREAT.. Pre-packaged with scandal 1.0

Sure scandal v1.0 is just outta Beta . But Dont worry . There is surely more to come.!!

Maybe her an Alberto Gonzales can get married and fire there children for being democrats

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow
that is a terrible photoshop, I can tell

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join