It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tennessee County wants to ban gays

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In Rhea County, a new precedent is being set. All over the country counties in several states are issuing same-sex marriage licenses. Not so in Rhea. Officials have voted unanimously to ask lawmakers to introduce legislation allowing criminal charges filed against homosexuals for "crimes against nature" The full story follows below...

DAYTON, Tenn. � Rhea County commissioners unanimously voted to ask state lawmakers to introduce legislation amending Tennessee's criminal code so the county can charge homosexuals with crimes against nature.

"We need to keep them out of here," said Commissioner J.C. Fugate, who introduced the motion.

County Attorney Gary Fritts also was asked by Fugate to find the best way to enact a local law banning homosexuals from living in Rhea County. Commissioners asked Fritts to bring a resolutionced drinking alcohol and county zoning.

www.foxnews.com...

First counties and states are allowing marriage...now a county in tennessee wants to ban gays all together. This has to be one of the most discrimating things i have heard in quite a while...It's heartbreaking to this. How hateful does a person have to be? It's sad.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Some of these people need to be killed. Stupid hmans...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Crimes against nature? Then charge Bush already for wanting to drill in Alaska and wipping out the native species.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Crimes against nature? Then charge Bush already for wanting to drill in Alaska and wipping out the native species.

yeah Bush was the first to do that! At least pick something modren that he had something to do with... Didn't FDR start the project up there? Or was it LBJ?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ahh, good old Rhea County, home of the famous TN v. John Scopes "The Monkey Trial." It makes me proud to be from The Volunteer State.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah the Bush administration can say that it wants to cut down the redwood forests and that's not a crime against nature either?

I don't like homosexuality, but I have no hatred or dislike of gay people. This is just downright wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is what the entire country needs to do ban all gays

Well start flamin me for sayin this now i dont care.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Do they have a law in the books about beastiality? If they do, why aren't all those good ole Tennessee boys in jail? No offense anyone from Tennessee.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is so medeavil. How are they going to punish gays? With the rack or in an Iron Maiden?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First evolution, now homosexuality...when will TN learn it cannot win?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Funny as we started this country to get away from persicution for wanting to believe something different.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Is polygamny banned in some areas? Same difference if they wanna ban gays.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Please follow submission guidelines and create a story of your own authorship to be considered for upgrade.

-B.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Polygamy is refering to the legal joining in marrage, not the actions of two consenting adults outside of matramony. I'm sure there are a lot of people that have more than 1 partner, this does not make them polygamous. Therefore I don't see the correlation between banning polygamy and banning homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In some small towns if a polygamos(spWC!) couple were to walk around holding hands they would be shunned by the community and risk getting told to knock it off by authority figures. There is a big correlation.

No one can tell you what you can or cannot do in the privacy of your own home.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
not all of us in tn are such ignorant bigots. that area just happens to be extremely poor

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by entropy+
not all of us in tn are such ignorant bigots. that area just happens to be extremely poor

What does that have to do with anything? Poverty is not an excuse for ignorance. Next it will be african americans....people with dogs...people with cats...people with children. Where is the line?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This topic needs the soundtrack, "Dueling Banjos" in the background.

"This one's got a real purty mouth"

Rhea County, Home of the new American Taliban.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Rhea County, Home of the new American Taliban.

Actually thats D.C. this place is where the rejects go.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I hope all the good ol' boys end up having gay children wouldnt that be ironic

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join