It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry comments about world leaders wrong!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Drudge is reporting the following

GLOBE REPORTER CLAIMS TAPE RECORDED KERRY 'MORE' LEADERS NOT 'FOREIGN' LEADERS; TRANSCRIPTION SCREW-UP... A BOSTON GLOBE reporter at the center of a growing controversy over comments made by John Kerry last week in Florida now claims he "screwed-up" -- and John Kerry never bragged how 'foreign leaders" privately backed his presidential bid!

Kerry said he did not say that, looks like he was right. Funny how Colin Powell was all over this demanding Kerry name names and now it turns out to be a "screw-up"

Also Foxnews has been wetting their pants over this story and I wonder how much air play the retraction will get. They have really lost all objectivity in the last 3 months.

Updated to ad story link.
www.drudgereport.com...

[Edited on 3/15/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
....believe what you want to believe and pull the wool further over your eyes.

Internation Man Of Mystery!!!

KERRY CLAIMS TO KNOW OF SECRET PRE-WAR DEAL . . .

April 2, 2003: Claims He Spoke To Number Of Foreign Leaders But Doesn�t Name Names. �In remarks in the basement of the Peterborough Public Library Kerry � said �I talked to leaders of a number of countries � that told me they lost all confidence in the administration.�� (James Pindell, �Kerry: $8 Million In The Bank,� PoliticsNH.com Website, www.politicsnh.com, Accessed 4/3/03)

October 20, 2003: Claims Bush Administration Refused To Work With France And Russia But Doesn�t Offer Specifics. �I talked to [UN Secretary-General] Kofi Annan the Sunday before the president decided to go to war. And I knew at that moment in time that the Russians and the French were prepared to, in fact, make a further offer.� (MSNBC�s �Hardball,� 10/20/03)

October 21, 2003: Says I�ll Tell You Later. ��I have it on the highest authority� that the French and Russians were prepared to make an offer at the UN, but were rebuffed by American officials intent on going to war, Kerry said. �I�m going to talk about it more publicly at a later time.� [Kerry] would not disclose details of the position the countries, which opposed the US-led military offensive, were prepared to take or identify the source of the information.� (Patrick Healy, �Kerry Won�t Elaborate On Missed Deal,� The Boston Globe, 10/22/03)

SO SECRET, ONLY HE KNOWS?
EVEN FRENCH AND RUSSIANS ARE BEFUDDLED

October 23, 2003: Assertions Disputed By France And Russia. �The French and Russian ambassadors to the UN, in separate interviews Thursday, said they knew nothing about any private offers made by their governments to the US on the eve of the war. The envoys told the Globe that the only concession made was a public proposal to extend weapons inspections in Iraq by four months before military action could begin. � Kerry questioned whether the two ambassadors were fully apprised of the proposals that top officials in Paris and Moscow were prepared to discuss, however.� (Patrick Healy, �Kerry Presses Assault On Bush,� The Boston Globe, 10/25/03)

www.gop.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cheney's been going around demanding Kerry put up or shut up on the names of leaders who support him over Bush. That should tell you all you need to know. What he says generally is the opposite of the truth.

Kerry can't just go spilling names. But, it's completely plausible to assume Kerry has spoken to numerous leaders. It is equally plausible to assume they are dying for him to show Bush the door.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The chuckles in the RNC war room must still be going strong- even if true what Kerry asserts, he can't name names- some may be Kim Jong Illin', J-smell my jock- Chiraq and maybe sprinkle in a few Arab statesmen who would most assuredly like to get a major thorn out of their sides by booting Bush!!

Did anyone here ever have that one azzhole teacher or coach who spanked your rear daily?? Do you now look back as an adult and say- Geez, that guy or gal really was pushing me for a reason! I think these "leaders" are those children who need spanking. I am glad we have a president who is not afraid to spank!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
FOX news and the GOP are Kerry's biggest bashers, no suprise that they are blowing this thing up.

AS an American and blinded by ignorance my best educated guess is that only a handful of small countries and maybe 2 or 3 larger ones.

I would love to here what our international members have to say about Bush and if they think their leaders want him to win.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To be fair, this is all over CNN and MSNBC also....has been for over a week.

It is big news when a Presidential candidate makes such an assertion without sourcing....kinda tells me that John Kerry respects other countries leaders opinions on OUR democracy more than our own voters.

When called on the carpet by an average American citizen who asked JK about this he slammed the guy, asked his political affiliation (republican) and summoned all of his arrogance to tell the poor, deluded yokel that it was none of his business who John "By God" Kerry spoke to about this election.

Kinda stinks for any politicol to tell a prospective voter to go to hell for a legitimate and wholly logical question.

Is JK above suspicion? Does he hold Kingship? Can he do or say anything and be above reproach from American citizens?

Scares me to think what he may do once president!!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah Kerry should go ahead and name names...that way we can make up evidence about their nuclear programs and take over their country too! Come on kerry spit it out! World Domination for Bush!

Please.

Kerry better keep his mouth shut. It will just cause problems for who ever allegedly said this.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Keep in mind leaders does not necessarily mean heads of state. Prince Charles, the pope, Nelson Mandela, and Kofi Anan are all considered world leaders but they are not heads of state.

Now that said, he was an afghan donkey
for saying such a thing, hopefully it won't happen again.

Let's remember our dear president says stupid things all the time, buying nuke materials in Africa, WMD in Iraq.

I mean people are human, they make mistakes. Also I think Bush/Cheney look paranoid as hell about this. I would have felt better if they simply said nothing and just let it go away, it would make them appear more secure, they have made this such a huge deal.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Point made.

It just leads one to question the thought process of a candidate who says things like that without backing it up-judgement anyone?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
He did say that, and I saw footage of it yesterday ( think). He specifically said foreign leaders and I remember laughing because I knew what that meant.

he has support of the bilderbergers or a similar foreign conglomerate; perhaps the rothschilds. he's retracting the statement for obvious reasons. how do you think his popularity rose so quickly? his campaigns? nope. his appeals to international power, silly. that's how he went from zero to hero in 2 months flat. that and the media's inhuman scavenger hunt on Dean's emotional outburst.

what a piece of crap this guy, Kerry, huh? one month into being selected for the democratic nomination and he's already covering his own dirty hands... can't wait for this crooked feller to take office and follow in the criminal footsteps like nixon, truman, and bush sr... to name a few.

can we please have a non repub or non demo president, please please please?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
John McCain looks better and better everyday. And don't even get me started on the President Sharpton band wagon. I mean come on could it be any worse???

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Who cares if he said it or not?

I don't think it makes much difference.

There are lots of people who have said the same thing, so what?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Who cares if he said it or not?

I don't think it makes much difference.

There are lots of people who have said the same thing, so what?

If foriegn influence is so important to our electoral, names should be named.

Do we want the UN electing presidents directly now- Bilderberger/Illuminati aside?

top topics

join