It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day turns to semi twighlight like an eclipse happend for a minute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OK. I was out yesterday in the mountains and want some thoughts about some thing that happend. Its really spooked me, and I would like serious thoughts and discussions about what they hellw as going on.

11.13 am, day was cloudy, windy and rainy, but light levels were high. see image 1.

Then, the day turned so dark I had to stop hunker down and grab another photo to show the different light levels in the day, looking down the valley.

See picture 2.

Then the light returned, like an eclipse had just happend, but a really short no warning event.

So, wtf? has any one else ever seen anything like this?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Dan Tanna]

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Then by 11.16 am (exif data time) the light had come back to normal. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Similar thing happened in the UK today

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'll bite.

Gee, did you think of looking up? Tell me you looked up, like a normal human would. And tell me what you saw when you looked up.

That will answer your question.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Storm clouds out here in the Midwest USA can get so dark it seems like night out here. You did not have a picture of the sky in the second photo to compare. Was there a storm brewing?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
ATS LINK

Right. So i wasn't going mad then. Thanks for the link.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Not stormy as in massive broiling clouds, just windy and wet. The second picture doesn't have any sky in it sorry.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I'll bite.

Gee, did you think of looking up? Tell me you looked up, like a normal human would. And tell me what you saw when you looked up.

That will answer your question.

I took the photo and did look up. OMFG.... the sky was dark. Hence the dark picture.

Thats why i said it was like an eclipse... light levels dropped markedly.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think more people would have noticed the sky going black for 60 seconds in the middle of the day...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Why does your "dark" photo a different aspect ratio (640x389) compared to the "before" (604x392) and "after" (552x364) photos?

Also, what were your camera settings during the dark photo? Were you on auto or some form of manual control?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Why does your "dark" photo a different aspect ratio compared to the "before" and "after" photos?

Also, what were your camera settings during the dark photo? Were you on auto or some form of manual control?

They are cropped for putting on imageshack. I was using a point and shoot camera (Olympus).

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting that you report this after another member in another location in the UK did the same.

Your pictures however are useless I'm afraid. No sky in the second pic makes it impossible to get a good feel of anything. Though frankly, even if you'd had sky in it, they would still not really help.

Considering the cloud cover in the first pic, it makes it unlikly a very dark one suddenly appeared and disappeared over you. Where would you say the sun was in relation to your first picture?

Thanks for the report Dan, very interesting that you had a similar experience ot one of our fellow UKers. Were the times similar?...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Cropped, eh? Why not just resized?

Why didn't you take a picture in the direction of the sun when it was so dark? Logic demands that if it is as dark as you say it was and your photos imply, then you should have been able to take a picture of the object blocking/partially blocking the sun, be it a cloud, solar eclipse, UFO mothership....

Did you think of doing that instead of taking pictures of the ground?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow interesting, what's going on?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why didn't you take a picture in the direction of the sun when it was so dark? Logic demands that if it is as dark as you say it was and your photos imply, then you should have been able to take a picture of the object making your environment so dark.

No I thought about getting my arse into some shelter because lo and behold some thing outside the norm was happening. I didn't stand around and go 'you know, I am going to hang around and take pics'...

When it passed, then i carried on with a puzzled 'wtf?' in my mind. As for resized, well when i know how to....

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why didn't you take a picture in the direction of the sun when it was so dark? Logic demands that if it is as dark as you say it was and your photos imply, then you should have been able to take a picture of the object blocking/partially blocking the sun, be it a cloud, solar eclipse, UFO mothership....

I hate it when people edit their statments after I replied. However, the answer still stands.

I got my arse into cover. Then when it became light again i moved on.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'll have to also ask, why the cropping? That would mean you removed part of the original image, why? Was there someone in it or some identifying landmark? If so, why not black them out rather than give us a diminished picture?

And you of all people I don't buy wanting to run for cover because something crazy was happening. certainly not after the encounter you related here and your violent reaction to it. But i guess this was a phenomenon not directly endangering you or your family, so I can see that making sense...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

I hate it when people edit their statments after I replied. However, the answer still stands.

My question didn't change during the edit, so it's fine that your answer still stands.

But the obvious question is didn't you look up? Was it clear sky, cloudy, partly cloudy?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I have looked closely at both pictures. The dark photo is not the same area as the light photo. Did you change your position when you took it? The river that is running through the first one is on a different course, and the hills look different.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Daft question, but why does the second picture show a completely different view? It's not even a telephoto shot of the glen depicted in the first picture!

In any case, it appears to be a clear case of that rare and inexplicable phenomenon known as a big dark cloud moving in front of the sun

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join