It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repugnants hacked & monitored Dems computer for a year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
2 months old news, but I'm not sure if it has been posted or not, couldn't find anything tho.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON -- Republican staff members of the US Senate Judiciary Commitee infiltrated opposition computer files for a year, monitoring secret strategy memos and periodically passing on copies to the media, Senate officials told The Globe.

From the spring of 2002 until at least April 2003, members of the GOP committee staff exploited a computer glitch that allowed them to access restricted Democratic communications without a password. Trolling through hundreds of memos, they were able to read talking points and accounts of private meetings discussing which judicial nominees Democrats would fight -- and with what tactics.

Entire Article

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe they are down-right evil after all?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
In politics, as in war, you must know your enemy.

You do what you have to.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Didnt Nixon and his homeboy's get in some trouble for doing something like this?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
In politics, as in war, you must know your enemy.

You do what you have to.

Are you saying you think it's OK for them to break the law?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do you expect anything less from a repugnant?

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
almost posted those exact words about this topic Colonel. i bet most here feel the same way.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dreamstone

I thought it was ok to break laws in war, but no in politics. Oh well, what do I know...

Jrod

Huum...are you talking about the watergate story?

Colonel

I'd be lying if I said it was surprising me

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Have i been mislead to believe that the nixon admin. got in trouble for spying on their opponents campaign strategy, sounds like the same thing is happening here, just the method is a bit different.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This has already been discussed on many threads, heres one to start off with;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm not saying its OK, I'm just saying that its expected. Politics is messy, corrupt, and does good sporadically. This applies to democrats especially.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I'm not saying its OK, I'm just saying that its expected. Politics is messy, corrupt, and does good sporadically. This applies to democrats especially.

Weren't the democrats the ones getting spied on?

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by AttackHippo]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes, and? Does getting wronged prevent one from doing wrong?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You're right, both parties cheat lie and steal.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo
You're right, both parties cheat lie and steal.

And, most of the time, we (the voters) are the ones at the receiving end of this lying, cheating and stealing.
I can think of very few high-level elected officials that inspire my trust. In either party, BTW.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I love it. Everytime you catch a repugnant breaking thelaw, you always got one chiming in "Well, everybody does it." This is a lie. When did the dems go spying on the repugnants?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
When did the dems go spying on the repugnants?

Possible reasons:
1. they never got caught
2. the repubs don't have anything worth spying
3. all of their lying, cheating and stealing is directed toward the electorate
4. they do it but the media won't report it

Colonel, I submit the vast majority of politicians have lousy characters. Is bad behavior toward us any worse that bad behavior toward your opponent?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm sure the repubs have something worth spying for, Fox News would jump all over any democrat scandel, adn they do lie, cheat and steal against each other. The only reason nobody knows abuotit is because they dont do it or they don't get caught.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You'll find Repigs defending this also. How I have no idea, but they will. Honestly, Republicans are some of the most hateful and incredibly hypocritical people you will ever care to meet...

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm not shocked that those evil republicans would do this they are evil, evil i tells ya!
Now Bill Clintoon there was a stand up guy you could trust, him and his democRATS would never stoop this low.

All those lies about his drug running and all his mysteriously dead associates in arkansas, evil republican LIES! LIES! LIES!

I'm sure glad our politicians in the UK sacrifice so much to serve and fight for us sheeple, sorry i mean people unlike those nasty republicans in the US.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Didn't Nixon and his homeboy's get in some trouble for doing something like this?

Nixon got into trouble because when he found out about what happened he tried to cover it up. There never was any evidence he had anything to do with nor pre-knowledge of, the Watergate break in.

You'll find Repigs defending this also. How I have no idea, but they will. Honestly, Republicans are some of the most hateful and incredibly hypocritical people you will ever care to meet

In my experience the liberal left are by far the biggest hypocrites. A hypocrite is a person who says one "thing" but, does another. Like Kerry trying to pass him-self off as for a strong defense but, voting against every major (and minor) military program in the last 20 years, or many left-wing Hollywood "elites" saying they would move away from the United States if Bush was elected, but never doing so. But I guess that would be up to how you define what the meaining of "is," is.

You say Republicans are "hateful" but I hear vitriol spouted from the mouth of the "left," far more often than from the "right;" comparing Bush to Hitler, saying that he [Bush] lacks the intelligence to understand political complexity or even that he is "..one of the deadliest dictators in the history of the world" for instance.

I love it. Everytime you catch a repugnant breaking thelaw, you always got one chiming in "Well, everybody does it." This is a lie. When did the dems go spying on the repugnants?

What I love is when left-wingers portray their political machine as law abiding and bereft of bad intentions. It would seem, on the face it of it, to lack any kind of merit wouldn't it? Democrats who break the law? Surely not?

Variable

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by Variable]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join