It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTO Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A streaming except from Alex Jones' Police State 2 via Sacred Cow Productions. This video documents the WTO protest in Seattle & how a group of 40 "anarchist" were hired to disturb peaceful protests & to demonize the rest of the protesters. A 32-minute video.

Broardband realmedia >> www.sacredcow.com...

Dialup real media >> www.sacredcow.com...

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
CHECK THIS OUT:

i posted this in another thread....its from "Days of War, Nights of Love"
a Crimethinc. publication

The meeting of the World Trade Organization in Seattle was shut down by the intervention of over 20,000 civilians, and shortly therafter the meeting of the IMF/World Band in Washington, DC was imilarly sabotaged.

Thanks to the courage and cooperation of a variety of individuals and groups acting (consciously or not) according to the guidlines set forth in the Crimthinc. pamphlet How to Throw a Proper Street Party, people on the West and then East coasts of the USA discovered the joys of acting directly to achieve their golas instead of waiting for politicians and businessmen to consider their requests.

In the process they happened upon a perfect integration of the methods and desires of all who were present at the demonstrations, from well-behaved sign-holders to black-masked corporate-window-display-smashing narchists.

Some of the "peaceful" protesters misunderstood how much more seriously their demands were taken thanks to the threat implied by the direct actions of the more radical participants, but the lesson was not wasted on posterity.

"Trade. Making Life Better"

now moved to:

"Trade. Making Life Bitter."

I'd really like to see those videos now

If you're interested in that, you'd be interested in the Stockholm Action

[Edited on 3-13-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This was several years ago, did you just find it?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
this also happened in florida most recently
and in mexico before, and
seattle before that.
it is increasingly obvious when a certain group just shows up and start the violent part of the protesting...
theyve been doing it aat al the wto protests, as a hired "act" to impliment greater security at wto meetings etc...
please search any anti wto sites and youlle find footage of everything.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

this is even better though....

THATS AWESOME

As for Carmen Nogales, her newfound activism has taken hold. What she has experienced in Seattle this week "is definitely changing my life. I can't go back to watching my television and to normalcy."

Here's a link to a pretty good middle-man review of the protests.
www.pigdog.org...

"Is it just me, or is it that BOTH the WTO and the chunderheads protesting against the WTO in Seattle are starting to look equally repellent?"

I'm still looking and wondering....was anyone killed?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
www.lightparty.com...

"Then came the truncheons, and the rubber bullets. We watched as long as we could until the tear gas slowly enveloped us. Police pushed and truncheoned their way through and behind us. We had covered our faces with rags and cloth, snatching glimpses of the people being dubbed in the street before shutting our eyes. The gas was a fog through which people moved in slow, strange dances of shock and pain and resistance. Tear gas is a misnomer. Think about feeling asphyxiated and blinded. Breathing becomes labored. Vision is blurred. The mind is disoriented. The nose and throat burn. It's not a gas, it's a drug. Gas-masked police hit, pushed, and speared us with the butt ends of their batons. We all sat down, hunched over, and locked arms more tightly. By then, the tear gas was so strong our eyes couldn't open. One by one, our heads were jerked back from the rear, and pepper was sprayed directly into each eye. It was very professional. "

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I can't say I'd be running through the streets smashing windows and overturning dumpsters.

I can't say I'd have the creativity to make banners and paint catchy slogans on walls and cars.

I can't even say that I'd be standing in the crowd.

But I can say that if I'm not doing at least on of those, I can't say anything ti get anyone else to for me.

So I'm doing something.

Anything.

I'm not Anti-NWO, I'm just Pro-Freedom.

Wow, I sound like a hippie!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
This was several years ago, did you just find it?

Nope I just was watching it from the site. Thought it was important =P

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
it is important!

whats your opinion of it though? i feel like a rambling hippie over here. even though i not an environmentalist or a pc kid with a "save the gay baby whales" shirt.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
when will organizers realize they have to have people to take out these so called "anarchists"

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Started a thread on my take, as you can see. I'm not a damn hippie either- but what I saw is disturbign. i've watched similar footage from all over. These police actions - commited by people no different from you or me, save that they are forcibly turned agaisnt us- are universal. It happened in Canada, it happened in mexico, it happened all over. Now, both sides have been demonized.

DE

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
when will organizers realize they have to have people to take out these so called "anarchists"

Thats the point - they were 'agents provocateur' hired by the WTO to cause the problem in the first place and give the police a chance to kick everyone's arse.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
wrong post!!!!!!!!!

please erase this or just dont pay attentiont o it

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm no hippy tree hugger either. I'm simply a concerned citizen of the United States that realizes that their freedoms are being taken away.

The sad thing is that most people are blind to the fact that a lot of our freedoms are being taken from us. Were told that if we want our voices to be heard then let it be heard with a vote. Interesting that during the 2000 election we say the most obvious corruption of our voting system. I am no fan of Gore but Bush in my opinion is no better.

This coming election what are our choices. Bush & Karry both members of Scull & Bones. The fact that they are members of a secret society disturbs me besides their track records. So in my opinion I do not have a candidate that I feel comfortable voting for. I guess I'm going to be a part of the 75% of citizens that stay at home during election day.

I still believe we are the most free country in the world but I do see that our freedoms are being compromised.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

So in my opinion I do not have a candidate that I feel comfortable voting for. I guess I'm going to be a part of the 75% of citizens that stay at home during election day.

that'll show 'em.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Most of the WTO protesters have no real concrete idea about what they are protesting against. I am going to puke if I hear another simple-minded "screw the man!" reply.

My Dad used to attend the WTO and Davos meetings every year before he retired. He sometimes laughs at the TV when he sees the protester's being interviewed. The protestors for the most part, have no clue. No idea why or what they were protesting against.

Protesting something without full knowledge of the reason you are protesting is laughable.

The only exception I saw was the protest over proposed international farming policies during the Mexico City WTO meeting. They seemed to be a bit more informed than the usual protest types. Perhaps it was because they were actual farmers who had an actual stake in what was going to be decided on as opposed to the "anarchists." LOL!

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
My point of this starting this thread was to show important information on how our freedom to protest is being taken away. In the U.S. one has the right for peaceful protest on any given issue. If one was to get upset on how McDonalds McNuggets don't use real chicken one could legally organize a protest as long as it's peaceful. It is obvious & there is evidence to support that in fact the WTO protests were sabotaged. By hiring a small group of people to create enough property damage that the police & the National Guard would have to act. Not to mention seemingly "pour" leadership from the police department. That the officers were unable to stop crimes as they happened. When they finally were released, they took all there built up anger on the peaceful protesters.

So it does not matter if you support the reason for protest. But you should support the right to peaceful protest in the U.S.

top topics

join