It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Unloading WMD Into Syria.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Where are Iraq's WMD you ask?

The answer is not "Iraq's WMD program ceased to exist after the Gulf War",no the answer is "Iraq's WMD has been moved to Syria."

Now it would be easy to write off this thread as another attack on a "radical islamic state", but the facts speak for themselves.

Why did we catch Uday and Qusay? Because they were expelled from Syria back into Iraq

If Syria is willing to transport human cargo out of Iraq what would stop them from taking on the WMD of the former regime.

This is not a crackpot theory but a well documented event.

Nizar Nayuf (Nayyouf-Nayyuf), a Syrian journalist who recently defected from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper �De Telegraaf,� that he knows the three sites where Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) are kept. The storage places are:

1- Tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria. These tunnels are an integral part of an underground factory, built by the North Koreans, for producing Syrian Scud missiles. Iraqi chemical weapons and long-range missiles are stored in these tunnels.

-2- The village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian air force camp. Vital parts of Iraq's WMD are stored there.

-3-. The city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of Homs city.

Nayouf writes that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein's Special Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assif Shoakat , Bashar Assad's cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the Assad family.

In February 2003, a month before America's invasion in Iraq, very few are aware about the efforts to bring the Weapons of Mass Destruction from Iraq to Syria, and the personal involvement of Bashar Assad and his family in the operation.
Nayouf, who has won prizes for journalistic integrity, says he wrote his letter because he has terminal cancer.

Now I am not advocating nation building in Syria

I have made this thread to defend the reasons we have deposed a despot capable of not only killing millions of his own people but who has endangered and destroyed the lives of Iranians, Israelis, Kuwaitis and Saudis. There is no question that Iraq is better without Saddam and that Asnar al Islam has been disrupted without a terror friendly base. The WMD existed before and after our invasion and not an overblown threat.

Whether you find yourself a Republican, Democrat, or Independent you must realize that the war in Iraq has clear purpose and justifaction and it is wrong to condemn it as "Haliburtons Escapade".

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Guess the detractors dont want to touch this.

Oh and heres the source of my truth.

Syria-Iraq WMD The Connection

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Even the esteemed critic David Kay has agreeed that Syria may have some of Iraqs WMD.

WMD in Syria: Kay

Ex-inspector says Iraq sent 'lot of material'

By AP

LONDON -- David Kay, who recently resigned as leader of a U.S. weapons search team in Iraq, said part of captive president Saddam Hussein's weapons program was hidden in Syria, a report in Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper said today. Kay was reported to have said he had uncovered evidence unspecified materials were moved to Syria shortly before last year's U.S. invasion of Iraq.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons but we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD (weapons of mass destruction) program," Kay was reported saying in the interview conducted yesterday.

"Precisely what went to Syria and what has happened to it is a major issue that needs to be resolved," he added.

Kay's Comments

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I will continue to campaign that this war is justified

Report: U.S suspects Iraqi WMD in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley
Monday, August 25, 2003

U.S. intelligence suspects Iraq's weapons of mass destruction have finally been located.

Unfortunately, getting to them will be nearly impossible for the United States and its allies, because the containers with the strategic materials are not in Iraq.

Instead they are located in Lebanon's heavily-fortified Bekaa Valley, swarming with Iranian and Syrian forces, and Hizbullah and ex-Iraqi agents, Geostrategy-Direct.com will report in tomorrow's new weekly edition.

U.S. intelligence first identified a stream of tractor-trailer trucks moving from Iraq to Syria to Lebaon in January 2003. The significance of this sighting did not register on the CIA at the time.

U.S. intelligence sources believe the area contains extended-range Scud-based missiles and parts for chemical and biological warheads.

Mutually-lucrative Iraqi-Syrian arms transactions are nothing new. Firas Tlas, son of Syrian Defense Minister Mustafa Tlas, has been the key to Syria's rogue alliance with Iraq. He and Assad made hundreds of millions of dollars selling weapons, oil and drugs to and from Iraq, according to the May 13, 2003 edition of Geostrategy-Direct.com.

The CIA now believes a multi-million dollar deal between Iraq and Syria provided for the hiding and safekeeping of Saddam's strategic weapons.

Beeka Valley WMD

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How much more proof is needed before we realize that Syria is just an extension of Iraq. They agree to house their WMD and their refugees. Not innocent civilians but war criminals like Saddams Sons.

Washington - Two sons of Saddam Hussein fled to Syria after the US invasion of Iraq a year ago but were later expelled, USA Today reported on Thursday.

Quoting unnamed former and current US administration officials, the report said Uday Hussein and his brother Qusay, who were killed by US forces July 22, had been in Syria following the invasion.

"The US officials said that Qusay and Uday had spent time in Syria after the war began March 19," the report said.

"One current US official said it was possible that the two men crossed in and out of Syria several times before they were finally expelled, travelling with a small number of aides and bribing border guards to gain entry," it said.

The daily reported that their mother, Saddam's first wife, Sajida, also fled to Syria and may still be there.

Syria: Adopt a War Criminal.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sounds reasonable to me.

2 confederates, both anti-israel+american,
betcha Syria got kaboodles $$ for 'storing'
containers & materials....
knowing that eventually the goods would
become theirs thru default!!

The Scuds & Long Dongs? missles were
likely a joint-'clandestine' programme and
is costing Syria serious cash.

If the US Intel has even an inkling of this
situation....I'm sure War Rooms are abuzz
with strategies to get the Israeli Air Forces
into a 'bunker buster' assault campaign!!
-> its just a matter of tweeking to make it happen

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Some people would surely have to eat major ass if that were true. If i were Bush I would be really on top of that, if the weapons are found there it could really vindicate the whole war in many peoples eyes. To me it was not a question of if he had them, but rather when. There is no way he would stop pursuing his agenda of regional domination, and it would only have been a matter of time before those sanctions were lifted allowing him to rearm and start threatening everyone once again.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEXone
Some people would surely have to eat major ass if that were true. If i were Bush I would be really on top of that, if the weapons are found there it could really vindicate the whole war in many peoples eyes. To me it was not a question of if he had them, but rather when. There is no way he would stop pursuing his agenda of regional domination, and it would only have been a matter of time before those sanctions were lifted allowing him to rearm and start threatening everyone once again.

I whole heartedly agree but I think the allies are weary of another invasion and Bush wouldnt want to start something on the eve of an election plus:

Unfortunately, getting to them will be nearly impossible for the United States and its allies, because the containers with the strategic materials are not in Iraq.

Instead they are located in Lebanon's heavily-fortified Bekaa Valley, swarming with Iranian and Syrian forces, and Hizbullah and ex-Iraqi agents, Geostrategy-Direct.com will report in tomorrow's new weekly edition.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas

If the US Intel has even an inkling of this
situation....I'm sure War Rooms are abuzz
with strategies to get the Israeli Air Forces
into a 'bunker buster' assault campaign!!
-> its just a matter of tweeking to make it happen

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, it would appear we have names to link to maps.

A relative of Syrian President Bashar Assad is hiding Iraqi weapons of mass destruction in three locations in Syria, according to intelligence sources cited by an exiled opposition party.

The weapons were smuggled in large wooden crates and barrels by Zu Alhema al-Shaleesh, known for moving arms into Iraq in violation of U.N. resolutions and for sending recruits to fight coalition forces, said the U.S.-based Reform Party of Syria.

The party, based in Potomac, Md., regards itself as a secular body comprised of Syrians who want to see the country embrace "real democratic and economic reforms."

One weapons-cache location identified by the sources is a mountain tunnel near the village of al-Baidah in northwest Syria, the report said. The tunnel is known to house a branch of the Assad regime's national security apparatus.

Two other arms supplies are reported to be in west-central Syria. One is hidden at a factory operated by the Syrian Air Force, near the village of Tal Snan, between the cities of Hama and Salmiyeh. The third location is tunnels beneath the small town of Shinshar, which belongs to the 661 battalion of the Syrian Air Force.

The nephew of Zu Alhema al-Shaleesh, Assef al-Shaleesh, runs Al Bashair Trading Co., a front for the Assad family involved prior to the war in oil smuggling from Iraq and arms smuggling into the country. Al-Bashair has offices in Damascus, Beirut and Baghdad.

This comes hot off the heels of Assad's declaration that the Mid East should become a WMD free zone. In various public speeches, the president declared that Israel must dismantle its WMD threatening the "peace of Islam". Well if you combine the evidence of this thread and Assads statements you have the making of a powerplay. Eliminate Israel's WMD and then threaten it with your own stockpile.

WMD Smugglers

Update

Looks like the afformentioned Al Safir CW plant has some damning tunnels from these satellite photos.

Tunnels

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i always believed, and still do they own wmd, my theory was that saddam passed them to the taliban who then took them to the hills. i have no evidence to my theory so i'll ride with the syrian conspiracy. looks scarely plausable.
good work agent47

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah it is a possibility. I really do hope they find weapons of mass destruction; i want to see the reactions of all the anti-war people. Im sure it'll be "THEY WERE PLANTED BY THE UNITED STATES" or "yeah? well.... err... LOOK AT ALL THE CIVILIAN CASUALTIES!!!!". I dont like to hear about people being killed... but i still think this war was needed. With or without the WMD

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Now one would have to think, that taking care of or disarming these three nations, Iraq, Iran, and Syria and going after Terrorism in them, will be a larger task, than the government makes it out that it would be. I believe, it will not go as easy as it did in Desert Storm and many of our soldiers will die, and that a large portion of our arms arsenal will be used in taking down the three countries of Persia, further Russia and China will wait till we do deplete our forces and arms, until they attack us, when we will be at our most vulnerable point. Don't forget we will also probably have N. Korea thrown into the mix as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
Yeah it is a possibility. I really do hope they find weapons of mass destruction; i want to see the reactions of all the anti-war people. Im sure it'll be "THEY WERE PLANTED BY THE UNITED STATES" or "yeah? well.... err... LOOK AT ALL THE CIVILIAN CASUALTIES!!!!". I dont like to hear about people being killed... but i still think this war was needed. With or without the WMD

Ahhh, you beat me to it, I was going to say the exact same thing. I have been thinking for a while now, that Syria would be "next". I think that I even posted a long time ago, that it wouldn't surprise me if Syria was hiding the WMD's for Iraq, I'll try to find that post.

So I wonder how long before the bombs and troops go in ?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
One thing that bothers of me on that thought process. Don't you think our intelligence would have picked up on it. It seems like they would have heard something about it if there was this exodus of WMDs before the war. It seems like this idea is coming out retrospectively. "Well, obviously Iraq shipped those weapons out before we attacked."

Believe it or not, Clinton and Kerry and the Dems of 1992-2000 didn't completely neuter the CIA and our intelligence equipments. (Satellites, surveilance, etc...) We should have known this.

Also, if they know this all along, why did we go into Iraq looking for the weapons laced with ter-ah. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it is unlikely unless the government is inept and incompetent or we are invading countries because of a grudge.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You would think that , but these are not large scale weapons, you could move these in normal trucks. I also bet they do know alot about it, but didnt know all was moving there.

WHich makes you think, how many WMDS could they have had, to move all of them semi undetected into Syria.

Hmmm

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
All of this is speculation. There is no proof. I have one question that might shed some light on this so called Syria connection--why did they expell Uday and Qusay if Iraq was giving them WMD? Wouldn't this create a climate of, you scatch my back-I'll scratch your's. It seems Syria was a shady friend to send them back to be killed if Iraq was willingly giving them all of their WMD stock piles--you guys are reaching.

Also, the Syrian leader is a young one who was schooled in the west. He's opened the door for peace talks with Israel. He wants normalization with US. We reject him because of our ties to Israel. Even as he talks of peace Sharon seeks to expand settlements in the Golan Heights. If given a chance Bashar Assad could drastically change the policies of his father, but he's been met with powerful resistance from Israel and neoconmen in the US.

Diplomacy: Assad holds out a hand

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The fact that there were no weapons of mass destruction is all speculation as well. You think it's easy to find something that has had millions spent towards hiding it? It's probably not even in the country we atacked. Even if it was in Iraq it's kinda hard to find something when you're fighting a war.

This is not a reach, how much more sound reasoning is needed. It seems as if much of this info is on the verge of being facts and we'll need the WMD in order to prove any of it. That's very convenient for anti-Bush and anti-war people. They will have to eat their words one day. The people who are reaching are the people who will do anything to prove that this war was not better in the long run for the people of Iraq. We also need more time to get the WMD, you really think a country like Iraq would not have been spending on these weapons? Where did all the money og then? I think it's stretching to say that the info the US intel used to prove there was WMD in Iraq as false is stretching it as well. Maybe we did have proof and maybe stuff did get moved.

You think the Syrian leader is entirely "westernized" as we would say? I'll admit, he's better than most leaders in that region but he still deals with many of the worlds worst leaders. What does that say about him? Of course he needs to worry about preserving his own country through having good relations with his neighbors but it seems as though this has made him bend over backwords for some of them in the past. I think he is showing us the front, not his neighboring countries and N. Korea. Which would make more sense?

This is great work Agent 47, very impressive. It's a good lead and should be interesting to keep up with. It will only be a matter of time until these WMD show up and hopefully it will be when we find them, not when they are being used. It's not hard to imagine that Iraq had WMD people. Think about it. Think about what Saddam stood for. Think about how he treated his people. Think about how he had all the money in that country and could use it as desired. Think about how he had shown deep interest in WMD in the past.

I'm glad that we have people like Agent 47 who are willing to find proof rather than blindly believe that the war was wrong because they hate Bush and think the world is perfect place. People wanna kill us, we should be able to defend ourselves and our friends. That means taking the battle to our enemy so that they can not kill civilians in our own back yard.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So I guess I have to ask an obvious question -

If this is true, how come we haven't put Syria on the spot and asked them to allow inspections of these areas?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The most logical explanation for the missing WMD is that exiles that the US relied on for "intelligence" lied and used americans fear and resources to take over their country...and I'm not paying to do the same thing for Syria. There better be more than drawings and exiles if we are going to go to war with another country. I want hard "smoking gun evidence" that they have these weapons. Bashar does not pose a threat to the US, so no I don't agree with you are A47.

I find it odd that I didn't even mention Bush, but I'm anti-bush because I refuse to believe Bashar is stupid enough to take WMD from Saddam with over 100,000 US troops built up in the area poised to strike, and Iraq under constant satellite surveillance. He expelled Uday and Qusay and he's cooperated with the War on Terror. Since he's taken office he's been opening up his country little by little...which is a complicated thing to do. War is not always the answer and in the case of Bashar the US would be served best by waiting him out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join