It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs in the nights sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first sighting that i have decided to post, mainly because i cant explain it.

Basically, last night I was looking into the nights sky when i saw some flashes. As if someone was taking a photo with the flash on. However, it wasn't direct and came from outside my view. The way i saw it was it illuminated all the buildings around me, only for a second though. This occurred a few times during the night, even when a police helicopter decided to fly over. At one point i managed to get a look at the light source and it appeared to be some form of orb. This may be similar to how it looks when you stare at the flash on a camera. Immediately, i thought it was orb lightning, but there was no thunder and the pictures of orb lightning on the internet look different. For the record, there were lightning storms last night and it was not conventional lightning.

Date: 28/07/08
Time: Between 23:00 and 1:00 BST
How long did the sighting last? They lasted for less than a second.
City: Birmingham, England
Witnesses: Just me
Just lights, or shape discernible? Lights
Color of lights and/or object/s? Blue/white
Number of lights and/or objects? 1 at a time, occurred about 5/6 times
Apparent altitude? I don't know due to the angles of some of them.
Direction of travel? Stationary but occurred in a 5 mile radius.
Apparent brightness? Bright enough to illuminate the buildings around me, but only slightly. Enough to make a difference.
Path of travel: Curved, appeared to be circling.
Any pictures or video: No
Any sound: No
Any aircraft around? Police helicopter at the end, still occurred with it flying around.

Sorry for the poor quality

If any more information is needed, just ask

Edit: A photo of where i saw it with the "orb" being drawn in. Apologies for the low quality, and remember, I saw it at night so everything would have been dark then.

[edit on 29/7/2008 by Daibach]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
in this day and age and no pictures no video?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Nope sorry. My rechargeable batteries were charging and even if they were charged, i doubt i would have got a picture. They were so fast and random. It was just a flash and nothing else. Also, i don't have a video camera as i rarely film things

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hey there, seeing this post reminded me of something I had almost forgotten about. I went camping yesterday and with all the appearent ufo sightings lately I was keeping my eyes on the sky once night hit in hopes of seeing something. Well I didn't see anything of note really except I saw something that did surprise me more so because it wasn't anything I was expecting. Now we were camping in northern California and the sky where we were was acually totally clear. We were also very far out into the wilderness not anywhere people frequent thats for sure. We just found an opening deep in the mountains and made camp.
Anyways so I was sitting there around midnight and I saw what looked like the type of orb you would see trying to get played off as a spirit in a photograph. Orbs from photos have never impressed me in the least but seeing this was actually fairly surprising. It is hard to say how high up it was as there was no clouds or smoke and even then it would just be a guess but I would say it was between 2 and 3 hundred feet up. The orb had a sort of bluish tint it stayed in a perfect circle the whole time which was about five seconds. It was fairly transparent, and I wouldn't really say it was giving off its own light as it was fairly dull but it was clearly visable against the blackness of the sky. The size surprised me as well. I would compare it to the size of a large full moon in the sky, and being 2 to 3 hundred feet up can give you a sort of exapmle of how big it was. The only other real thing of note was that it was traveling straight but with a slight wobble back and forth.
The only logical thing I could think of last night was that it had to be some sort of a spot light from the way it looked but there are problems with that. First off the altitude it was at would have had to have a fairly solid cloud cover to show it off so clearly the whole time it was visible, it never faded or brightend. Secondly if it were a spot light more of the light should have been visible, there would have been some brightening from the beam itself as it was extremely dark last night. The moon didn't come out until around 3am and it was small, there were no cities or towns for a good hundered miles that could have givin off interfering light and the orb was fairly close, it went right over our heads. Which brings up another point there was no one anywhere around out where we were no houses or camping sites anything like that so I would find it highly unlikly someone would have a spot light out there. And also the light itself should have been brighter if it was a spot light. We only had normal battery powered flashlights so trying to recreate it in any way wasn't possible.
Anyways thats it was a longer story than I thought just wanted to get the facts out there. If you saw it in a photograph you would say dust for sure but I saw it with my eyes so I don't know what it could have been.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by 1Veritas]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Daibach.

Thank you for posting your story !

One thing i want to add is that it's a very good thing to place all the information including crude picture's with your post.

However when i saw the picture it imeadiatly made me think this post was a joke.

Now i know it's not a joke but maybe that picture does this thread more damage than good.

When i saw the picture four word's came into my head in no perticuler order.

Disco, Ball, Christmas and tree you need to forgive my ignorance but im just giving my opinion.

Please dont be offended i do beleive you saw what you say you did but the picture add's nothing.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 29-7-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I know the picture is a little bit dodgey, im not very good at drawing pictures. I will try and take a photo of where it was.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Daibach

Thank you very much that would be wonderfull.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I apreciate all of your comments, It is what I wanted to get, which is your opinions, I can ask for no more than that. I realize that this subject has been damaged because of hoaxers and we must all be diligant to expose these items, a small part of me laughs and thinks, that if aliens came down , landed in outlandishly technological craft and parked on the lawns of ATS users, and then manifested a purple donkey with pink pokodots out of his ass, most of the skeptics would still be in denial..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The first pic you posted is a joke right?

A cartoon christmas tree ...

There's another thread on here about flashes looking like camera's.
When I see flashes in sky I think lightening and you did say there was lightening. Even if it's not thundering, raining and whatnot, you may stiil see flashes occuring from a nearby location that's experiencing the lightening

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ajdouce

I think you may have responded to the wrong thread. For a minute I thought you had two threads going!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It was not lightning, as i actually saw the origin of the flash at one point, hence the pictures. I understand the first picture makes it look like a hoax, I regret drawing it now as people will make their minds up from that picture alone.

Edit: If people wish this thread to be closed, then close it and i shall continue discussion in the main thread.

[edit on 30/7/2008 by Daibach]

top topics

join