It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: The Truth About UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Truth About UFOs

by Tamim Ansary

I found this article on MSN. Even though this guy doesn't come out and say he believes in the phenomenom, he's not discrediting it either. He seems to have an open mind about the subject.

Are humans the most important species on Earth?

Is there intelligent life on other planets?

People who said "yes" to the first question were distinctly more likely to say "no" to the second. In short, their belief in extraterrestrial life was affected by their values and attitudes about themselves, quite apart from any evidence they may have seen. And I bet you would find something similar about people's belief in extraterrestrial spacecraft.

encarta.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yep I saw that one. These kinds of people are critical, because they do their reporting in the mainstream. He doesn't discredit id prematurely, and that's a good thing. I've seen one of his other colleagues try to debunk cropcircles with pretty baseless arguments.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, when you are right you are right.Society has become "the sheeple".

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I would say the majority of UFO's would be government test projects. Lets take for example Project Blue Book. In 23 years from 1947 thru 1969 there were 12,618 reported UFO's. Yet only 701 were unidentified. That means that the government knew what the other 11917 sightings were. That means that if the government knew what they were then they were most likely tests. Not saying theres not UFO's because there was still 701 not identified. Now those could be illegit, or legit sightings.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by valnrick
I would say the majority of UFO's would be government test projects. Lets take for example Project Blue Book. In 23 years from 1947 thru 1969 there were 12,618 reported UFO's. Yet only 701 were unidentified. That means that the government knew what the other 11917 sightings were...

I agree with your first sentence regarding the majority of UFO's being gov't test projects... however the second statement regarding the gov't knowing what all but 701 sightings were I cannot agree with. In many cases with Project Bluebook's publically released explanations they would come up with ridiculous claims like saying the sighting of a solid metal object was swamp gas, etc.

I believe that there were test projects at that time that were on a "need to know" basis and the people dreaming up explanations for the sightings were not in the loop, but rather had instructions to cover up as much as possible...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
These kind of articles are created through a mixture of denial, ignorance of the majority of good documented UFO events, and circular reasoning. Either due to the author not wanting to think that flying saucers exist and the government is covering it up or that he is part of the continued media denial of the subject. In any case, both work quite well in keeping down interest when people that are merely casually interested in the subject read about it and stumble onto such articles.

As for the extraterrestrial side to the subject, I'm sure that part is true, but we first need to get past government denial of the subject to find out exactly what flying saucers are and where they come from. That day is a long time coming.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by valnrick
I would say the majority of UFO's would be government test projects. Lets take for example Project Blue Book. In 23 years from 1947 thru 1969 there were 12,618 reported UFO's. Yet only 701 were unidentified. That means that the government knew what the other 11917 sightings were...

I agree with your first sentence regarding the majority of UFO's being gov't test projects... however the second statement regarding the gov't knowing what all but 701 sightings were I cannot agree with. In many cases with Project Bluebook's publically released explanations they would come up with ridiculous claims like saying the sighting of a solid metal object was swamp gas, etc.

I believe that there were test projects at that time that were on a "need to know" basis and the people dreaming up explanations for the sightings were not in the loop, but rather had instructions to cover up as much as possible...

I see where you were coming from, I was just stating what was actually in the project blue book.

new topics

top topics

join