It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry comments on open mic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So our possible future president had a bit of a screw up yesterday. He was talking to a supporter at a rally and his mic was still open. He made comments that seemt o have at least foxnews in a tizzy. Kerry made comments they were the most crooked, lying group he had ever seen.

Guess what, republicans are not happy. I think that Kerry has every right to say what he feels and no apology is needed. But it was maybe in poor taste but since it was an accident do you feel he should apologize? Also the today show refered to it as very un-presidential. I disagree. Bush threatens to kill people without trials all the time (okay they are terrorist but still we do live in a country of laws). Other opinions? I cannot find an article on it yet, maybe someone has a link with the exact quote.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
errr...don't you remember Dubya being caught exactly the same as this? His mic was left on and he said some stuff about someone using harsh language. I'll try and find the link now. Either, it didn't seem to hurt him any so it'll be disgusting if they try and turn this in their favour.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here you go:

bbc.co.uk

"In Illinois on Monday, unaware he was speaking in front of a live microphone, Mr Bush whispered to his running mate Dick Cheney: "There's Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times."

..."Some, like the Washington Post, wondered self-deprecatingly whether abusing a journalist might actually increase Mr Bush's popularity.

That appears to be the hope of the Texas Governor himself. He refused to apologise, telling NBC: "I said what I said. I'm a plainspoken fellow.""

He even refused to apologise and it actually increased his popularity, so if anything it's a good omen for Kerry.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I hope Kerry stands behind it and does not retract one syllable!

If he does, forget about needing the Dean endorsement for the Deaniacs, they'll sign up on their own.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
No one should ever retract a statement they make. It shows lack of character. If he said it, stand by it. Explanations are one thing... "i was upset" "it was a joke" whatever, but retractions simply don't work.

Anyways what's fair is fair. If Bush got hammered for an off screen remark so should Kerry. If you can't handle being watched 24/7 and taped 24/7 and scrutinized by EVERYONE 24/7, then the job of president isn't your cup of tea.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If you can't handle being watched 24/7 and taped 24/7 and scrutinized by EVERYONE 24/7, then the job of president isn't your cup of tea.

For once we agree, there is hope after all.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Im sure im not the only one but I think what he said was true and alot of people would agree with him......

Im guessing that he will not appologize for what he said and I dont think he should...hell if anything I wish he would go into more detail

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Im guessing that he will not appologize for what he said and I dont think he should...hell if anything I wish he would go into more detail

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see them have a proper debate over there, American debates are a joke compared to other Western countries.

So what if he called them crooks? I even found it funny when Bush insulted that reporter and I don't like Bush, but it's the first and only honest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth.

What a campaign slogan that would be. "Vote for me John Kerry. Why? Because the other party are liars and crooks. Why? Well hear we go..."

That'd be beautiful, much better than that sickening than those Bush election campaign commercials. I'm sure Kerry's will be just as sickening though.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
He just had a press conference, where the Republicans expected an apology, and said he would not apologize for his comments.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Im sure im not the only one but I think what he said was true and alot of people would agree with him......

I just seen him say, He wasnt going to, he is going to keep saying what ever it takes to open peoples eyes.

Also new slogan, something like Bush dosent have anything to stand on, just to run from.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Angry voters are going to flock to him in droves. Bush will have 100% of his base, but that will only be if he hammers gay marriage discrimination/anti-choice/religious institutions receiving public funds. It will polarize the electorate - to his loss.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bush attacks and attacks and attacks Kerry, and when Kerry responds, he is "insane" "unstable" "defamation of Bush's character".

Guys and Gals, this is an election, where we were taken to war based on "Misinformation," where the words "imminent" were not uttered (apparently not), but the words "Urgent", "Immediate" , and "necessary intervention" were uttered.

Now how exactly are Imminent and Immediate not the same thing?

So I hope he doesn't appologize, and for those saying that Bush was just following intelligence reports, thats baloney, he was the one to make the final decision and he was ultimately wrong

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugfast

So I hope he doesn't appologize, and for those saying that Bush was just following intelligence reports, thats baloney, he was the one to make the final decision and he was ultimately wrong

You know that is all that matters right there. You take in information every day of your life and you make decisions based on it, and you are always held accountable for your decisions. Too bad politics are like real life, where you are held accountable for your actions.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
I hope Kerry stands behind it and does not retract one syllable!

If he does, forget about needing the Dean endorsement for the Deaniacs, they'll sign up on their own.

Will you guys make him give a Dean Hulkamania speech? I love it when you guys back a canidate cause it will always result in some funny withdrawl speech.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Rove will find a way to spin it in favor of Bush. I have faith in my man

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
At least Kerry speaks the truth! He is looking more presidential by the day.

I'm voting for Kerry!!!

Lets outsource Bush!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow..."Accidents" just like this are crazy. It makes me feel like this "Democrat" is REALLY different than this "Republican".
For awhile, I thought they were all part of the same machine. You know, like how they were from two of the richest families in the country, raised in elite private schools, Yale grads, Skull and Bones members, pro-patriot act, pro Iraq war and anti-gay.
BUT NO!!!
This little "accidental open mic" incident given to us by our "free and independant" media has solidified their vast differences in one-great-and-glorious-moment. Now I KNOW they hate each other! Now I know they will pander to me, the little man and my problems...cause GOD KNOWS an ignorant, beer drinking, t.v watching, middle class american like me LOVES to hear dirty, sinful words sneaked out...just like on my favorite "reality" show.
Oooh...it makes me feel so dirty....and sinful...and dirty...and sinful....baaaa...baaaa....baaaaa

There is no authority anywhere - Lao Tse

You are absolutely free.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
At least he went on record as not taking it back...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
At least he went on record as not taking it back...

Yeah. And I happen to agree with that Kerry said. The Bush Admin are the biggest bunch of crooks ever to step into the White House.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Kerry might not be the best person for the job of prez
But I think sence we have the worst prez in office NOW!
It can only get better right

top topics

join