It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Planet of the Apes be true?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Many 'truths' are fed through to society through the media, movies and TV etc. The Planet of the Apes films were low budget, high profile and certainly had much to say about humankind, even slavery and civil rights. But, what if the real truth is that the Planet of Apes is our past? That humans are not the development from apes but the other way around? Or that in the next few hundred years Apes will rule the Earth? There are many studies showing that gorillas, chimps orangutans are all gaining more abilities and skills in the wild, the same three main types in the Planet of the Apes films. Is there more to this than you previously may have though?

And not only that but apes are now to get human rights under European law. See related ATS thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like the other great apes, orangutans are remarkably intelligent. Although tool use among chimpanzees was documented by Jane Goodall in the 1960s, it was not until the mid-1990s that one population of orangutans was found to use feeding tools regularly. A 2003 paper in the journal Science described the evidence for distinct orangutan cultures.

According to recent research by the psychologist Robert Deaner and his colleagues, orangutans are the world's most intelligent animal other than humans, with higher learning and problem solving ability than chimpanzees, which were previously considered to have greater abilities. A study of orangutans by Carel van Schaik, a Dutch primatologist at Duke University, found them capable of tasks well beyond chimpanzees’ abilities — such as using leaves to make rain hats and leakproof roofs over their sleeping nests. He also found that, in some food-rich areas, the creatures had developed a complex culture in which adults would teach youngsters how to make tools and find food.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Howdy UFOpsychiczebra

Many 'truths' are fed through to society through the media, movies and TV etc.

That is because behind the media are people, its the people there who put in the ideas. People in Media tend to be younger and more liberal than the general public and have lots of initiative and differing views, the need to be different is one of the driving motivations in media.

That humans are not the development from apes but the other way around?

We are not descendent from the present apes, we, the apes and us, are descendent from a common ancestor.

Or that in the next few hundred years Apes will rule the Earth?

Possible but anything that might take us out completely might take them out too. I'd bet on cockroaches.

Is there more to this than you previously may have though?

What your idea?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
See, there is more to it when you start thinking about it. Including why apes could speak but don't.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Ah but it was a movie!

The apes don't have the brain and throat structure for speech - a few more million years of evolution might help them out but at the moment they are well adapted to their environments so have no real need for speech.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think we're safe somehow.

We have the ability to destroy the entire planet if we so wanted to, they can throw poo. If it came down to a fight I think we'd win somehow.

Couple of million years though, you never know. They might have started making swords.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Hey they are up to crude clubs and pointy sticks now - fear them. The Chimpanzee's have been seen conducting "war", so walk lightly humans.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You guys are underestimating the crows. Check this out! It's actually quite surprising!

Crows Are No Bird Brains

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I understand that some Dolphins are packing knives and Blue Whales have been seen with the odd torpedo.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The planet of the apes will never come to pass, for one reason.

Within 100 years all of the great apes will be extinct in the wild, likely in much less time.
Human warfare, predation by humans, loss of habitat and SIV will render the great apes of africa just a memory.

The lowland and highland gorilla populations have plummeted in the last decade. They are hunted by poachers for meat, and for export of various parts to China.
They are killed by soldiers for fun and SIV killed up to 50% of the population in the last 3-4 years. There are even places where the gorillas have vanished in the last couple of years.

A few of the great apes will survive in captivity, but they will not evolve, there is no impetuous for advancement in captivity.

And when were are gone it will take eons for the planet to recover.

You want to know who will replace us, look at the meerkat.
They arent to different from where our ancestors were millions years ago.
And given a few millin years of evolution who knows?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Within 100 years all of the great apes will be extinct in the wild, likely in much less time.
Human warfare, predation by humans, loss of habitat and SIV will render the great apes of africa just a memory.

... You want to know who will replace us, look at the meerkat.

And why do you think the humans have been trying to make the apes extinct? See my point. It is all a conspiracy to get rid of the apes before they can take over.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Ah but it was a movie!

The apes don't have the brain and throat structure for speech - a few more million years of evolution might help them out but at the moment they are well adapted to their environments so have no real need for speech.

Much disclosure is done through movies.

They do have the ability to speak they choose not to, that secret is not well known.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

... You want to know who will replace us, look at the meerkat.

And why do you think the humans have been trying to make the apes extinct? See my point. It is all a conspiracy to get rid of the apes before they can take over.

Right. There's a conspiracy because somehow some humans were able to "peek" into the future.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by homo_borg
Right. There's a conspiracy because somehow some humans were able to "peek" into the future.

Actually it is a widely accepted scientific fact that the first forms of 'time travel' will be information exchange, and that will including seeing events in the future even if you can't get there.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra

Are you being serious?

Apes will never take over from humans. They may take what we leave if and when we disappear, but never will they be a threat to us in real time.

We will be replaced, not conquered.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I always thought that based on the work of Koko the ASL speaking gorilla that the smartest ape of all was the gorilla.

I think that basd on ASL the gorilla has outranked both the chimp and the orang.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Howdy UFOpsychiczebra

Much disclosure is done through movies.

Really, how do you know that? I must ask how you think that system works - what is being disclosed thru Hindi movies?

They do have the ability to speak they choose not to, that secret is not well known.

Hans: Hmmmm, so how do you know it?

Actually it is a widely accepted scientific fact that the first forms of 'time travel' will be information exchange

Hans: How did you determine its a widely accepted scientific fact? Please reference.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Howdy UFOpsychiczebra

Hi Hans.

Really, how do you know that? I must ask how you think that system works - what is being disclosed thru Hindi movies?

I couldn't comment on the Hindi movies in particular.

Hans: Hmmmm, so how do you know it?

A biologist/psychologist friend of mine doing some research.

"Actually it is a widely accepted scientific fact that the first forms of 'time travel' will be information exchange"

Hans: How did you determine its a widely accepted scientific fact? Please reference.

Here are some links. If you are really interested in the subject there is enough info, names of scientists etc. for you to continue your search.

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

stardrive.org...

www.mkaku.org...

Would you like to comment Hans, on why you think it is not possible? Have you any references to show any evidence that it is not possible or that anything that I have linked to above is not within the reasonable realms of scientific research and application? You will note that all my references are to scientific sites, Professors and research scientists, we are not talking about fantasy but real factual scientific research and application of research in practical advances of time travel and information through time.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Howdy UFO

I think you are misinterpreting what the scientists mean by "information exchange", as I understand it they are talking about positioning of atoms and other aspects of Quantum mechanics - not what we would call "information".

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Its been known that chimps and vocalize and send limited info about their environment and they can sign. Chimps employ a rich variety of gestures and facial expressions to keep in touch with each other, and more importantly, there is intelligence behind the exchanges that makes for a level of understanding unseen elsewhere in the animal world. This sort of communication ability is what makes chimps appear far more socially advanced than any other animal. They may have a simple repertoire of noises and body language, but the intelligence with which these signals are used and interpreted makes a big difference.

But talk like a human - is that what you are claiming?

The link is the brain

The arcuate fasciculus appeared to differ significantly in humans compared to apes and monkeys. In all three species, the fascicle was hooked up to the frontal cortex, including the human Broca nucleus, but only in humans it prolonged deeply into speech-connected areas of the temporal cortex, like Wernicke's area.

The arcuate fasciculus of the chimpanzees made just a low connection with the temporal cortex area corresponding to human Wernicke's area, while in macaques such connections were almost totally inexistent. It seems that the evolution of the human complex speech has been associated with massive new wiring made by the arcuate fasciculus.

The apes' inability to speak has been stressed too much on their vocal chords, larynx and mouth structure. On the other hand, their intelligence has been compared to that of a 6-year-old child, thus they could speak. They can easily learn the sign languages, but this new approach explains why speech is out of their reach.

It shows "the uniqueness of the human brain, because it has been widely assumed that the basic brain structures are essentially similar between humans and apes," said Kuniyoshi Sakai, a language researcher at the University of Tokyo, in Japan.

Comparative Anatomy of the Larynx in Man and the
Chimpanzee: Implications for Language
in Neanderthal PDF below

The pdf

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? So the pygmy in the congo, who has no contact with the outside world is part of some grand conspiracy.
And so are the drunken child soldiers shoot chimps for fun.

And the Chinese owned lumber companies that are cutting down the forests of south east asia at an astounding pace.

Oh yah and the early british explorers were part of this great time conspiracy.

Besides if apes evolved enough to compete with us the , THEY ARE US.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Howdy UFO

I think you are misinterpreting what the scientists mean by "information exchange", as I understand it they are talking about positioning of atoms and other aspects of Quantum mechanics - not what we would call "information".

I'm not misinterpreting the research. I think we disagree on interpretation of the research. You stated in your previous post that you didn’t even think any of what I was discussing was even possible. Therefore, I respectfully suggest that as you are very new to the data that you shouldn’t assume others who are far more familiar with it have misinterpreted it.

Its been known that chimps and vocalize and send limited info about their environment ... They may have a simple repertoire of noises and body language, but the intelligence with which these signals are used and interpreted makes a big difference.

But talk like a human - is that what you are claiming?

I understand that as you are not aware of the research that you may find it hard to believe. Unfortunately for you, you will either have to trust me that my friend is involved with this kind of research, or you can dismiss it altogether. As my friend's research is not officially published yet there are details I cannot post. But, yes, they are experimenting with developing speak in certain apes. This has been successful in part.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join