It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXOLINGUISTICS clues on a galactic language?

page: 1

join
share:
oba

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
well, title says it all.

language is a basic of sentient beings.
the structure changes according to needs and conditions.

1) people name objects.
they name verbs.

2) time morphs it.

3) terra is moving towards global english.
but that leads to OLIN.

4) I'm typing too darn fast.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
where would you begin to look? Look how much the Global language on Earth has changed inthe last 1000 years

oba

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
well for one thing, I'm thinking of how it's assumed that the ZR4 fellas (yeah the little people with big visors ..ha. ) are said to exclusively use , in communicating, a form of "suggestive telepathy" ... and I dont fully buy that.

for one I dont believe in magical ability or technology wothout a corresponding simpleness. so that would make telepathy a thing dependent on other simple things which just need to be discovered and applied.

maybe we're talking of something as simple as psionic communication implant, if that might be thought of as simple ... or maybe it's a verbal adaptation, not really in a position to say clearly right now ...

.... and the next point would be the evidence that Sol3, Terra that is, this place, lies on an ancient galactic trade route (an outlying area of course) .. and that humans as we know them (as I know them)
comprise a gene pool of no less than 22 or more space faring races. from long interactions with these traders ... and other types of missionaries, soldiers, etc ...

but it's talking about millenia here, and several , no doubt, genetic uplifts. anyways, getting ahead of the subject again .. HA.

a galactic language, that's the idea I'm getting at. is there one universal lingua franca or os the situation like Sol3 right now, a polyglot with one or 2 dominant languages ...

moving towards OLIN3 of course (one language integrated network) phase one right now, phase 3 maybe by 2060 christian era (2590 buddhist era) and so forth. .

well that's really the tip of the iceberg on THAT scale of subject ... but thanks for your comments.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Really when you think about the basics of the human thought process an how that incorperated with human movements telepathy could very well be a advance method of prediction ones actions/thoughts before they happen, not really meaning yer reading there thoughts as apposed to figuring out there thoughts. i mean that would mean theres a connection made between you an the person yer thinking about, not any viable connection we have now but a new form of connection. bare with me its easier to think of this then to put it intp english, "just read my mind"

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I know this isn't strictly on the topic, but it's a variant question.
If there were a form of telepathic communication, would we be able to understand someone who speaks another language? We "think" in whatever language we speak. At least that's what I think.

Mathematics could be a common form of communication, and beneficial towards a universal language.

top topics

join