It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate forum Information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The purpose of this thread is for members without fighter status to explore the possibility of earning their Fighter title by setting up a debate between themselves and one other ATS member. Lets use this thread for new members interested in debating other ATS members and those that have already earned their fighter title to discuss possible match ups and debate topics.

When an agreement has been reached please contact the moderators charged with the Debate competitions on ATS (I am not one) to get approval, start date, and fighter title if needed.

This is a working thread, NOT a chit-chat or lounge type thread.

Thank you.

Contact these moderators for debate setup:

Intrepid

Chissler

The Vagabond

MemoryShock

semperfortis

List of debate moderators may change at any time.

EDIT: title change from "Public Fight Club Pub (ATS Debates)".

[edit on 4/22/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There we go, I think this is a great idea! We need some new vic...er I mean some new challengers in the fighter ranks to keep it interesting

Can't wait to see all of you in the ring

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hey, great idea. Debating is fun! As a recent participant (cannon fodder), I can attest that it's not too intimidating -- sorta like a thousand little paper cuts, it only stings for a little while.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Cool thread!!
And for any challengers!!

ok ok whatever, anyone wanna debate I'm game!! Any topic, any time!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I want to put myself "out there" so to speak and offer my assistance to any members that may want to debate, but are unsure of how to proceed, or just unsure in general..

I am just a U2U away and will help anyone that is interested...

Edited to add:::

Let's all FLAG this bad boy and get it some attention!!!!!!

Semper

[edit on 7/15/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Flagged!

Hopefully, we get some new fighters in here soon. I may even come out of hiding long enough to participate in a debate!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm with Semper on this.

If anyone needs some help or has any questions, feel free to contact me and I'll do everything I can to help you out.

The debate section of ATS harbors some of the brightest people I've ever had the privilege of knowing....

...but don't let that scare you...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
OK...

A few Fighters have stopped in and the support is GREAT..

BUT

Come on you newer members, or even older members that have not really tried the debates...

There is nothing quite so satisfying as testing your intellect in a structured debate.....

Semper

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
AGREED.

By the way Semper, it occurs to me that you and I have yet to clash in a debate in the entire time we've been fighters.

One day that must be remedied.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hey, I'm up for partaking in a debate how do I sign up?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great to see some interest -Klaus-!

To start with, drop a U2U to one of the mods listed above about requesting fighter status. (Or do so here if you don't have U2U capability yet)

After that....visit THIS page to get with another fighter and schedule a debate.

If you have any questions or aren't sure how to proceed, just let me know.

edit: url

[edit on 4/9/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks nyk537, I used to do a bit of debating back at school but it was very closed format unlike the debates here.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thread Announcement

Just so everyone is clear on this we will no longer issue the coveted fighter title to those simply exploring the idea of debating here on ATS.

This thread is going to be used for members to setup debates, find debate partners and agree on topics. When a new member has done that you may contact a debate mod (listed in the OP) for approval and setup. When a debate mod approves the requested debate the fighter title will be given to those that need it.

[edit on 7/16/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
GOTTA EARN that Title of FIGHTER!!!!!

But it is LOADS of fun, intellectually stimulating and easy cause you will have tons of help...

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I would like to challenge someone to a formal debate on freemasonry.

Can I post the challenge in 'Secret Societies' or does it need to appear somewhere else?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I'm going to post your interest in the "Fight Club" thread.. I am sure someone will contact you..

However, it may take sometime as there is currently a Debate ongoing in regards to the Masons.

Masons

But U2U me if no one has contacted you in a few days...

Semper

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I would like to challenge someone to a formal debate on freemasonry.

Can I post the challenge in 'Secret Societies' or does it need to appear somewhere else?

All members without "Fighter Titles" should use this thread to organize a debate.

Obviously members with "Fighter Titles" are also welcome to organize debates here.

Edit: thanks for assisting semperfortis.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
New Fighter Announcement:

For those of you considering a debate please consider the time and obligation involved in following through.

You can expect up to a week(sometimes a bit longer) of interaction. We have established the rules to make amends for real life, however it is your responsibility to not only uphold an agreed upon obligation/challenge, but to communicate if and when the time limits are compromised.

We are looking for serious Fighters only....but don't worry...the rhetoric in the official Fight Club is far from serious...

That said, I second kinglizard, this thread is designed for non fighters to discuss possible debate topics, potential debate opponents and the like.

Upon an agreement is when two potential fighters may u2u myself or another debate mod (listed in the initial post) and then we'll get you set up.

Happy discussing and remember to read the past debates to get a feel for what you are considering getting into...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The intensity of the current rockpuck/lightindarkness debate has me a little nervous.

It sounds like I need to dust off my Manual of Style if I am to win my first go at this!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join