It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Terrorism is the greatest threat that humanity has ever faced, according to the governments of America, Britain and Israel. (Let us place this threat in perspective... )

TERRORISM:

0:
People killed in the United States by terrorism in 2000

2752:
People killed on September 11 2001:

0:
People killed by terrorism in the United States in 2002

0:
People killed by terrorism in Britain in 2002

OTHER THREATS:

3,800:
Civilians killed in Afghanistan by US-led attacks

8,437:
Civilians killed in Iraq by US-led attacks

1,200,000:
People killed by road traffic accidents each year

3,431:
People killed by road traffic accidents in 2002 in Britain alone

302,605:
Road casualties for 2002 in Britain alone

135,000:
Deaths from cancer each year in Britain alone

3,000,000:
Deaths from HIV/AIDS in 2003

780,000,000:
People suffering from chronic hunger

1.2 Billion:
People 'living' on $1 a day or less

513,000,000:
Number of people without access to safe drinking water

These issues are no use to the media because they do not sell. They are no use to Israel because they cannot be twisted into propaganda against the opponents of Zionism. They cannot be used to create conflicts that boost the profits of the arms industry or the power and influence of the military and intelligence communities. They cannot be used to attack countries that are of interest to Exxon, Halliburton, or the other oil corporations that funded oilman Bush into power.

Terrorism is the only the issue that is of value if you want to terrorise and manipulate people into supporting attacks on areas of opposition to Israel's illegal occupation in Palestine: starting with targets of interest to the oil industry.

The comparitively insignificant threat of Islamic terrorism against the West stems from Western governments arming, funding and support of Israel's illegal and brutal occupation of Palestine. After decades of fruitless peacefull campaigning, the cries of the victims became stones, then bullets, then suicide bombs. Israel has breached more UN resolutions than Iraq ever did. Israel has illegally developed weapons of mass-destruction, including nuclear weapons. Israel routinely attacks and kills her political opponents at home and abroad. The United States has consistently supported Israel's crime-spree. The United States government is the only government ever to have used nuclear weapons against civilians.

Terrorism is a serious issue. The attacks on September 11 2001 were horrific. But the US government created the threat, allowed the attacks and then blocked the investigation.

Terrorism has been twisted into sordid, irrational propaganda by the American and British establishment.

Are the governments of the United States, Israel and their puppets the real threat to humanity? Perhaps. Terrorism most certainly is not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCES:

www.dft.gov.uk...

www.who.int...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.unaids.org...

www.thedebate.org...

www.iraqbodycount.net...

www.worldhunger.org...

www.earthsummitwatch.org...

ACHESON INTELLIGENCE GROUP

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Very informative, thanks!

Is there any specifics on the totals of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers killed as a result of U.S. action post 09/11/01?

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Is there any specifics on the totals of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers killed as a result of U.S. action post 09/11/01?

Isn't there a policy against counting the dead of opponents? At least publicly? That practice backfired in Vietnam. Nightly body counts on the news.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It depends

Terroism can be the greatest threat as if they got hold of weapons and start striking at "weekness points" in the planet it could couse massive side effects

if u started striking the ice caps it could cause title waves and do a lot more damage than the actual weapon itself

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
excellent post.

the perceived terrorist threat has also been used as an excuse to begin corroding the (supposedly) inalienable human rights that any liberal democracy is based upon. in the uk, home secretary david blunkett has waged a brutal attack on the rights of asylum seekers and terror suspects to the extent where they are denied the rights of the rest of the population.

in terror trials, blunkett is intending to reduce the burden of proof needed to prosecute a suspect from the absence of reasonable doubt that a crime was commited, to 'proving' that there was a chance that a terrorist act was at some point going to be commited. i believe orwell called this a 'thought crime'.

your statistics on fatalities by terrorist attacks are also interesting because britain is on a higher state of alert now than when regularly attacked by the IRA. i cant really understand why, other than to create mass panic.

about a year ago, blair closed off much of central london to practice what the emergency services would do if the underground rail network was subject to a biological attack. this kind of action is totally unprecedented and again i cant really understand its purpose.

having said that, i dont think the war on terror is solely about generating mass support for israel, the west has far more to gain than just that issue. perhaps we saw the first stage of neo-colonialism with globalisation, and the war on 'terror' is the final stage of the operation to ensure the global dominance of america.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yep, more hypocritical stances....
BTW, where are you all at, along with those "anti-war human shields," to defend the regular, innocent Iraqi citizen and the Coalition troops, for whom you and the same anti-war and anti-Bush proponents claim to care so much for now in Iraq?
Gee, haven't seen much of them, except those that post here
.....I know they are out there somewhere. Woowzers, you don't possibly think they could be using the likes of the Iraq body counts, and others geographical areas, to further their political aims and agendas, eh?

Try this hypocrites:

"Jonathan Gurwitz: Where are protesters now as Iraq body count rises?"
www.mysanantonio.com...

"The week of Feb. 8 was a particularly bloody week for the people of Iraq. More than 100 Iraqis died in two suicide bombings.

Most were newly recruited soldiers reporting for duty with the reconstituted Iraqi army. Some were new police recruits. Others were ordinary Iraqi citizens, collateral damage in a terror campaign being waged against the prospect of a society based on freedom and democracy.

Yet by historical standards, it was sadly a comparatively good week for Iraq. During Saddam Hussein's maniacal 25-year reign, between 300,000 and 600,000 Iraqis were gassed, beaten, shot and murdered in unimaginably cruel ways as enemies of the Baathist regime.

That's primarily 300,000 to 600,000 Iraqi civilians, figures that exclude hundreds of thousands of Iraqi soldiers who died for Saddam's greater glory and the even larger number of Iranian, Kuwaiti and Saudi Arabian victims of his military campaigns.

Do the math, and you'll find that at the minimum, on average Saddam killed 230 Iraqis every week of every one of those 25 years. As horrible as the week of Feb. 8 was for the Iraqi people, it amounted to only a fraction of Saddam's normal, murderous toll."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
saddam killing 600,000 of his own people was sick and wrong, but not terrorism. the 100 iraqis killed in those bombings were victims of terrorism. if you go back to the original post and review the numbers, i think they do in fact make a valid point. terrorism is a problem but it's not as bad as all the current hype would lead us to believe. could it ever become that bad? possibly, but invading middle eastern countries will probably make things worse.

if we have to live in constant fear then we've already lost this war on terrorism...based on logic, isnt aids, cancer, drunk driving and domestic abuse more important and a bigger threat than terrorism? i mean i'm not saying we should stick our heads in the sand, we need to put money into intelligence and other strategic operations but this all out invasion for democracy in the middle east isn't the answer...imo.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
to all those problems that u mentioned, we're dealing with them as best as we can through education and other stuff. to prevent terrorism, u have to actually go where they live and flush them out.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
to all those problems that u mentioned, we're dealing with them as best as we can through education and other stuff. to prevent terrorism, u have to actually go where they live and flush them out.

where are 'they'? you seem to think terrorist live in a little town in one country, they dont. going by your logic we should invade canada immediately, lots of terrorists in canada you know? i guess we're going to have to invade a whole bunch of countries...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
enomus- i absolutely am desperately in love with your avatar...where did you find that?!?!?!?!?!??

but on topic- those statistics ARE NOT suprising, sadly. its not surprising at all.
the number we kill is more explosive than the number of us killed. tragedy? yeah, but not compared to what we decide to overlook everyday.

did you know that on the day of the columbine shootings (another ragedy claiming US lives) we bombed the crap out o kuwait?!?!?!?!?

just a few hours before.

and they wonder where us kids get the idea of killing someone......

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
enomus- i absolutely am desperately in love with your avatar...where did you find that?!?!?!?!?!??

but on topic- those statistics ARE NOT suprising, sadly. its not surprising at all.
the number we kill is more explosive than the number of us killed. tragedy? yeah, but not compared to what we decide to overlook everyday.

did you know that on the day of the columbine shootings (another ragedy claiming US lives) we bombed the crap out o kuwait?!?!?!?!?

just a few hours before.

Where did you get that information from?

Are you trying to say that you think military action would make our teens want to kill each other?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Yep, more hypocritical stances....
BTW, where are you all at, along with those "anti-war human shields," to defend the regular, innocent Iraqi citizen and the Coalition troops, for whom you and the same anti-war and anti-Bush proponents claim to care so much for now in Iraq?
Gee, haven't seen much of them, except those that post here
.....I know they are out there somewhere. Woowzers, you don't possibly think they could be using the likes of the Iraq body counts, and others geographical areas, to further their political aims and agendas, eh?

Man You are a master of ignoring the issue. You're basically foccusing on one point in the post and trying to discredit it by ignoring the rest. What about the other facts like:

1,200,000:
People killed by road traffic accidents each year

3,431:
People killed by road traffic accidents in 2002 in Britain alone

302,605:
Road casualties for 2002 in Britain alone

135,000:
Deaths from cancer each year in Britain alone

3,000,000:
Deaths from HIV/AIDS in 2003

780,000,000:
People suffering from chronic hunger

1.2 Billion:
People 'living' on $1 a day or less

513,000,000:
Number of people without access to safe drinking water

Those seem to me like more serious threats to the world than terrorism. Just the AIDS epidemic is bad enough. In my opinion Terrorism is the last thing we should be worrying about.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Nope...I think I suffeciently addressed what needed to be, according to the words and phrases used by AchesonGroup.
Maybe he posted those numbers as a distraction?
In all his wordings and phrases, AchesonGroup mentions humanity twice and the rest to spew anti-US, anti-UK, anti-Israel, anti-Zionist propaganda as if it is all facts and in truth, is nothing but half baked conspiracy theories and half-truths?

I merely provided a bit more truth to the equation.

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

rest to spew anti-US, anti-UK, anti-Israel, anti-Zionist propaganda as if it is all facts and in truth, is nothing but half baked conspiracy theories and half-truths?

Well Its propaganda according to you. What is "truth" to you is not "truth" to me.. remember that. And the last time I checked this was a conspiracy website.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I merely provided a bit more truth to the equation.

The last time I checked it was called spin, maybe you should go and work for Tony Blair as he's lacking his best spinster at the moment.

I'd be willing to take what you say at more face value if you would actually address the original posts and say something like "yes, that is bad and maybe we should be doing more to take on these more serious issues, but...". However, you never do. You completely side-step the original subject without even really going into it and mention some other propaganda.

What you do is the exact same on the other side of the coin that you claim posts like these are doing, so how does that get us any closer to the truth? You just post more spin and propaganda, yet if both sides were willing to compromise we might actually get somewhere to knowing what we all want.

Keep spinning DJ.

top topics

join