It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is the illuminati?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Okay, I'm new here and I've been reading up on some of the already posted forums on the Illuminati, but what exactly is the "Illuminati"? I grasp that it is a secret society, but with what purpose?
World domination?
Mind Control?
I doubt it is just for orgies as in "Eyes Wide Shut".
Someone please enlighten me.

(I'm not sure if this belongs in NWO or Secret Societies)

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by cheshire cat]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well your question is in the right place. The illuminati is part of the NWO. Its main goal is behind the scenes control of world power through economic power and wealth. Its been debated for years who are the real members of the Illuminati but they are usually the founding fathers of key industries, ie Rockefellers. Connections with the Knights Templar have been alledged. The illuminati are a murky but def interesting topic to research.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I thought that the Knights of Templar were destroyed. I'm sorry that I can't recall off hand the war/uprising that led to their end, or is that what we are supposed to think?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
I thought that the Knights of Templar were destroyed. I'm sorry that I can't recall off hand the war/uprising that led to their end, or is that what we are supposed to think?

Well after their leader was executed and they were persecuted to the point of extinction, some believe that the knights fled into seclusion into Scotland were they established part of the masons. I dont think they destroyed all of the knights, and if they did indeed did create some of the scottish masons then it wouldnt be hard to draw a line from there to the illuminati.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Are ALIVE and well.... One of the Popes (way back in the 14 or 1500's) TRIED to wipe them out but failed miserably.

Admittedly he did ruin the chain of command but the righteous Knights regrouped and spun off many variants of their order.

It is claimed that the modern Shriners, Priory de Sion, and Masons are all from the Templars to name but a few...

These Gents are claimed to have found the true Sangreal Documents (AKA: The Holy Grail) beneath Soloman's Temple and removed it before the "Church" could destroy them.

They are also credited with most of the architecture advancements of the middle ages that are still in use today.

I dare say these men and their traditions are still alive and well today, IMHO...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Okay, not to sound off the wall, but could it be possible that Bill Gates is part of the Illuminati?
He indeed has a MASS amount of wealth and knowledge.
On a side note, are the acclaimed "Skulls" part of the illuminati too? Is a race-based group?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
These Gents are claimed to have found the true Sangreal Documents (AKA: The Holy Grail) beneath Soloman's Temple and removed it before the "Church" could destroy them.

I can't recall if it was on this site or another, but it is believed that the holy grail is not exactly the cup that was used by Jesus Christ, rather it is his blood collected from the cruxification.
Why would they only move the supposed grail and not the arc of the covenant?

So contrary to some beliefs the vatican is not part of the illuminati.... correct?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Who Were The Knights Templar?

The Knights Templar were a monastic military order formed at the end of the First Crusade with the mandate of protecting Christian pilgrims on route to the Holy Land. Never before had a group of secular knights banded together and taken the monastic vows. In this sense they were the first of the Warrior Monks. The Templars fought along side King Richard I (Richard The Lion Hearted) and other Crusaders in the battles for the Holy Lands.

Feared as warriors, respected for their charity and sought out for their wealth, there is no doubt that the Templar knights were the key players of the monastic fighting Orders.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Okay, I'm new here and I've been reading up on some of the already posted forums on the Illuminati, but what exactly is the "Illuminati"?

There have been several separate organizations in history calling themselves �Illuminati�. The most famous are the Swedenbourgian Rite of Masonry (Illuminati of Stockholm) and Order of Perfectibils (Bavarian Illuminati). When most people use the generalization �illuminati�, they are referring to the Bavarian order.
The Illuminati of Bavaria was formed in the German state of Bavaria circa 1775 by Adam Weishaupt and Adolph von Knigge. Among its famous members the poet Johannes von Goethe and composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
The Illuminati were a political group, and its purpose was to overthrow the Bavarian Jesuit Electorate, and establish in its place a democracy. They were inspired by the American Revolution of 1776, and patterned themselves after the Sons of Liberty, which was an illuminati-like secret society in the U.S. that had among its members George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson. It is believed the Sons of Liberty staged the Boston Tea Party, as their code name was �Order of Red Men�.
Weishaupt changed the name of his Order of Perfectibilis to �Illuminati� in 1776, in order to show that his group had adopted the principles and ideals of the 18th century Enlightenment. They demanded freedom of speech and religion, as well as constitutional government.
The Jesuit Electorate infiltrated the Illuminati through its secret police, and the Order was eventually disbanded and declared illegal. Several Illuminists were arrested, but most fled Bavaria into Prussia, where they welcomed by Frederick the Great, who was also an Enlightenment philosopher and close associate of Voltaire�s
In 1786, Weishaupt published his memoires as well as the formerly secret papers of the Illuminati, in a book called �In Defense of Illuminism.� At the time, the Roman Church was attempting to hold on to political power in Europe, and had invented absurd conspiracy theories in order to provoke fear among the populace concerning the Illuminati (and similar societies). Weishaupt sought to dispel these myths in his books.
Modern conspiracy theorists even today often attempt tom invoke fear by decrying the Illuminati. In reality, however, the Illuminati�s members just wanted to live in freedom without a religious dictatorship, and they were publicly defended in the U.S. by Thomas Jefferson.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So contrary to some beliefs the vatican is not part of the illuminati.... correct?

The Vatican, the Jesuits, and the "Black Pope" all have a role in the NWO.

The Black Pope:
www.revelationwebsite.co.uk...

So, you thought you were pretty well informed by now about all of the main players on the "conspiracy" playing field? You�ve maybe been hearing for years about (or bumped into on your own) the various elements of society who control our world from behind the scenes.
You�ve gotten familiar with the role played by, for instance, the Khazarian Zionists (who invented the word "Jew" to disguise their adopted heritage, as distinguished from the biblical Judeans), or the role played by the Banksters (banking gangsters) controlling the economies of the world, by the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations), the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergers, the Committee of 300 (the 17 wealthiest so-called "elite" families)�the Rothschild's in England and Rockefellers in America and Bronfman's in Canada, and on and on, comprising the physical power structure of the New World Order puppets under the direction of darkly motivated, other-dimensional "master deceivers" commonly known as Lucifer or Satan and their "fallen angel" cohorts.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm under the impression, and apparently so are a lot of persons on this site, that the "illuminati" are seeking world domination and not religious freedom. Once again, confused. Amadeus died a pauper. I'm not trying to be synical, but was he "kicked out"? His death was sudden and in an unmarked grave.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I'm under the impression, and apparently so are a lot of persons on this site, that the "illuminati" are seeking world domination and not religious freedom. Once again, confused. Amadeus died a pauper. I'm not trying to be synical, but was he "kicked out"? His death was sudden and in an unmarked grave.

The "Illuminati attempting to destroy religion and take over the world" story was invented by the Bavarian government after the crackdown. The Vatican charged our own forefathers with the same "crimes".
It is important to remember that when Weishaupt's Illuminati was active, the world was a very different place. Weishaupt himself was fired from his job as law professor at the University of Ingolstadt because of his religious beliefs (he was a Deist). His Illuminist partner, Von Knigge, was having his property confiscated by the Jesuits because he was a Lutheran. The Illuminati conspiracy was almost certainly invented by the Roman Church for the purpose of scaring people into submission.
As for Mozart, this is a fascinating story by itself. Several years ago I presented a paper on the subject to my Council of Allied Masonic Degrees (a Masonic research organization), and found some very interesting things in my research.
Mozart was not in Bavaria at the time of the Jesuit crackdown, having recently relocated to Vienna in order to compose fo a benefactor. Soon afterward, he published his final opera, Die Zauberflote (The Magic Flute), which he dedicated to both Freemasonry and the Illuminati (he was a Mason as well as an Illuminist).
In this opera, Mozart casts the Roman Catholic Church as the "Queen of the Night", a demonic character whose reign of terror is conquered by Sarastro, an Illuminist Hierophant. The opera ends with the Queen of the Night being vanquished and a Golden Age of Brotherhood being born at the Illuminati's Temple of the Sun.
Soon after the opera hit the stage, Mozart fell ill. Legend has it that he was poisoned by his rival Antonin Salieri, while most historians believe that he contracted typhoid. However, Mozart believed he was being poisoned.
At his death, the local church claimed the body. His widow Constance was ill with grief and did not attend the funeral. He was quickly buried in an unmarked grave by the church before a physician could examine the body.
Several days later, a group of his Brothers from the Salzburg Masonic Lodge arrived in order to give him a proper Masonic burial. The clergy claimed that they did not know the location of the grave, the gravediggers having left town.
This of course is only conjecture, but it is at least possible that he was murdered by the Jesuits because of his involvement in Masonry and Illuminism, the opera being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
To be honest i'm not too bothered whether these people call themselves illuminati or lucerfarians or whatever. These people are here in one form or another and part of/are the NWO.
The facts are the facts.
I mean call me an intolerant narrowminded conservative, but they are occultists who practice sacrifcing children (real/fake) (see Bohemian Grove video).
I mean WTF?

Then theres the whole CIA coverup missing kids thing (satanist peadophile rings) with FBI folk challenging this.

Are they related to 18th century Illuminati? I dont know, i think getting to the bottom of their "religon" would be the most fruitful investigation someone could make.

oba

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
www.wingmakers.com...

about half way down in this interview .....

At the highest levels of the Incunabula, the planning horizons are typically twenty to one hundred years, depending on the issue ..

The Illuminati is part of the secret network, but it�s not the alpha organization. The Illuminati is affiliated with other blueblood organizations, mostly originating from European roots, but its goals and objectives are not aligned to the Incunabula.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I mean call me an intolerant narrowminded conservative, but they are occultists who practice sacrifcing children (real/fake) (see Bohemian Grove video).

I know very little about the Bohemian Grove. Originally, it was a group of beatniks and bohemian artists, poets, and playwrites, who would get together to share their art and party. In a strange twist of events, it eventually developed into a club of ultra-conservatives, far different from the radical membership of its beginning.
I do not know if the videos of the "sacrifices" by Bohemian Grove are real or a hoax (I'm inclined to believe the latter). But I will say that sacrifice has nothing to do with occultism. I have been a student and practitioner of the occult for many years, and have studied the various schools of thought within these philosophies.
Of course, there are groups which practice the so-called "black arts" that are sometimes labeled as "occult", but this is a misnomer. The very definition of "occultism" concerns hidden wisdom, and there is no wisdom in practicing evil, or doing harm to one's fellows.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Of course the problem is that we can't prove it exists unless there is a huge slipup somewhere along the lines. Of course it does have some documentation during its conception, but thats about the most concrete information you can find on it. Otherwise its just speculation, and speculation is just what it means, its hard to prove it one way or the other unfortuneately.

Its kinda sad that we probably won't know untill its too late.

Why don't you pick up The Creature From Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin... good book on the Federal REserve and how its a private corporation started by the R. Families. As an Economics major, this was definitely very thought provoking

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugfast
Its kinda sad that we probably won't know untill its too late.

And, it's even sadder that we know enough to know the conspiracaies are out there, and what has happened in the past.
But, not enough to know their exat plans for the future. It does seem though, if they wanted complete globalization, it's taken them an awfully long time. I suspect those they do not completely control can still screw up their plans.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

the illuminati song:

ILLUMINATI
-- To the tune of "Eleanor Rigby"
11-07-88
Steve Jackson, Joe Vail, Creede Lambard

Illuminati...
They put a thing made of tinfoil on top of my door...
What is it for?
Illuminati...
Shooting a ray at my cornflakes to make them turn green...
What does it mean?
The Illuminati... They're watching me, I know.
The Illuminati... They're everywhere I go.

Illuminati...
Doing unspeakable things in the night to a cow...
Where are they now?
Illuminati...
Sent an impostor in place of the Popsicle man...
What is their plan?

Illuminati...
They cancelled Star Trek, The Fonz, and My Mother, the Car...
Are they bizarre?
You can't escape them;
Even if you take a plane to Nepal or Peru...
They'll be there, too...

I know that they know all about me...
They know that I know all about them...

Illuminati...
Hide their assassins' instructions in newspaper text...
Who will be next?
They're all around us...
Underline every third word in the Times and you'll see...
How can it be?

They're in the attic and the cellar...
Bigger than Hunt or Rockefeller...

Illuminati...
Go through my garbage and count all the pop bottles there...
Why do they care?
They're out to get me...
They're fluoridating my water from their UFO...
What do they know?
The Illuminati... They're everywhere, I see.
The Illuminati... And no one knows but me.

hahaha!
ok, no more fun and games, lets get down to business....

il.lu.mi.na.ti -- \il-.u:-m*-'na:t-e-\ n [It & NL; It, fr. NL, fr. L, pl. of illuminatus] pl cap 1: any of various groups claiming special usu. religious enlightenment 2: persons who are or who claim to be unusually enlightened

here are some interesting illuminati pages:
thirst for justice

The Illuminati are elite men, those on the top, who control the International Bankers to control, for evil purposes, the entire world. Their agentur are bred, educated, and trained to be placed behind the scenes at all levels of government. As experts and advisers, they mould government policy so as to further the secret plans of their masters. They lure people away from God by offering them money, the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Behind the United States and its Constitution is a small group of men whose sole objective is to enslave the whole world and humanity in their satanic plot for a one world govenment. Now to give you a very clear picture of this satanic plot, I will go back to its beginning, back to the middle of the 18th Century, and name the men who put that plot into action.

and heres a great page for not only the illuminati, but NWO info, the constitution, shadow government, banking, politics, etc...

Illuminati News

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So you believe that these people are actually satanists? i haven't heard of the sacrafice of children.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well like i say im not sure of the semantics, i mean who exactly they worship or what they stand for.
According to analysis of the "sacrifice of care"
ceremony (worshiping that big old stone owl "molok" IIRC) from Alex Jone's Bohemian Grove expose. Its a mix of Bablylonian, Druid and all sorts. Now im sure from logical deduction that this Bohemian grove "cult" as we might call it is something of an outer circle in something much bigger. Imagine concentric rings where each is an aspect of a greater and more secretive cabal. Due to the thousands of relatively unimportant attendees i conclude that this is the tip of the iceberg and merely a holiday camp for elements of a greater cabal and their lackeys.

This can be applied to the likes of the freemasons whose ordinary low level members are perfectly innocent i would guess but serve as a recruiting ground for people/tools who are educated, in important positions or whatever (from historic records this was an illuminati plan of action to infriltrate the masons). And of course good service and respect for the secrecy of an organisation are perfect qualities for the higher echelons of the "octopus".

As for the Bohemian Grove video being fake, i cant possibly see how it can be, this guy has walked around secretly recording a massive holiday camp type place, shown you this huge stone owl and later with thousand+ people in attendance a bizzare sacrifice ceremony infront of aforementioned owl. Of course this never made mainstream TV.

Also the its existence and attendees are documented in the mainstream media; Bush family, Colin Powell, Kissinger etc etc.

Seriously anyone who hasnt seen this, download the video "Dark secrets of Bohemian Grove" its called. Its available somewhere or another. You will defintley be asking some questions about this crazy #.

Now as a little guess of what they worship/believe based on what i have learned i tend to think:
1. It aint altruistic.
2. Its been around a long while secretly, only revealed to the very elite initiates.
3. Its nihlist, sinister and probably celebrates murder, war, peodophilia etc.
4. Possibly contains great secrets of afterlife etc (this is a stretch).
5. It is central to the whole existence of the NWO "octopus" either as a system of control, or an actual religon of some kind, or both.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join