It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Kennedy: The Assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Seeing the amount of misinformation out there on the Kennedy Assassination, I have decided to write a series of essays on the assassination to keep people informed. First of all, you should know a little background of the assassination itself. It took place on November 22, 1963 at approximately 12:30 while Kennedy was riding in an open top limousine through Dealey Plaza in Dallas. His wife Jacqueline Kennedy, Governor of Texas John Connally, and his wife Nellie accompanied President Kennedy. As the limousine moved down Elm Street towards the Triple Underpass, shots rang out. The President was hit and sustained a massive wound to the head. Connally was also wounded. The two women were unharmed. Several seconds after the shots were fired, the limousine sped off to Parkland Memorial Hospital where doctors desperately tried to save the President�s life but it was all in vain. Lyndon B. Johnson took the oath of office and after a short time America had a new president.

Several men were arrested that day but the Dallas Police Department eventually released them. The DPD focused their attention on one man. The man�s name was Lee Harvey Oswald. He was arrested in a Texas Movie Theater on suspicion that he killed a policeman named J.D. Tippit. Oswald never made it to trial since local nightclub owner Jack Ruby gunned him down in the DPD�s basement on November 24, two days after the assassination. Then on November 29, only a week after the assassination, President Lyndon Johnson set up a special commission to investigate the events in Dallas. Headed by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the Committee became known as the Warren Commission. Only a year after the assassination, the Commission released its report. It concluded, among other things, the following:

1. Oswald, acting alone, shot Kennedy.

2. There was no conspiracy. Oswald had no confederates, before, during, or after the assassination.

3. Oswald fired three shots. One of these shots missed the entire limousine. No other shots were fired.

4. The same bullet that struck Kennedy in the back exited his throat and went on to strike Governor Connally in the back, tore through his chest, hit his right wrist, and ended up embedded in his left thigh. This conclusion would quickly come to be known as the single-bullet theory. The bullet that the commission claimed performed the above scenario is officially known as Commission Exhibit 399, which is usually abbreviated as CE 399.

5. Oswald used a 6.5 mm Mannlicher-Carcano rifle, which is bolt-action weapon.

6. Oswald killed Officer J. D. Tippit.

7. Jack Ruby's killing of Oswald was a spontaneous act caused by Ruby's professed desire to spare Jackie Kennedy the ordeal of an Oswald trial.

My next posts will deal with the refuting of these claims. Anyone please feel free to respond if I have erred in anyway.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by maynardsthirdeye]

[edit on 29-7-2004 by maynardsthirdeye]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think the magic bullet theory is one of the most ridiculus things ever put upon the American people.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Good. You'll find it more ridiculous because of my next topic, "The Single Bullet Theory."

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, it's getting to be that time of year again.
Another anniversary of the JFK assassination looms.
43 years ago, probably before many ATSers were born.

I thought I'd revisit a few of the old threads about the killing, maybe get some new feedback.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
L.B.J killed kennedy with help from the CIA, Hoover and Texas Oil Men.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I thought Discovery put this to a rest

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's November 22, 2009. 46 years ago today.

I thought I'd remember the day, see what Google has to say, since I neither saw nor heard anything on any news.

What happened in Dallas that day remains contested with factions still debating whether Lee Harvey Oswald was the only shooter or if he was part of a wide-ranging conspiracy.

"I don't buy the single-bullet theory," Sibert said. "I won't go as far as to say there was no conspiracy."

www.usatoday.com...

Forty-six years ago today, shots rang out in Dealey Plaza and a cloud of grief descended on Dallas.

The assassination of President John F. Kennedy on Nov. 22, 1963, became a defining moment for the city and a bookmark in the lives of an aging generation.

www.dallasnews.com...

In remembrance of the day that changed America forever.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What ever became of the op and their following argument? This thread started out good, and then fizzled.

Most of the good kennedy threads are hiding in rats it seems.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

He did several more threads, see them here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

O I get it, this was just the introductory.

Thank you for the reply and friendly sign post.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There had to be a conspiracy for a number of reasons.
End of Nam War.
End of Moon Landing project.
End of FED banking.
End of Cuban Invasion plans.
End of potential nuclear hit on Cuba and war with Russia.

The more reasons for one group to step in and work one out.
A sniper had to be found.
Job number one.
Unless a close shot from the grassy knoll works.
According to the "JFK II" video there were plenty of people
ready to say good bye to the K man including Nixon and LBJ.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
An interesting read on the Kennedy assassination, see if anything
fits yours:

THE KENNEDY EXAMPLES At around 11:00 A.M., Nov. 20, 1963 (two days prior to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy), I had just arrived at my American history class at Sam Houston State University, in Huntsville, Texas, taught by professor Glynn Turner. The girl who sat behind me—a Miss Rather (newsman Dan Rather’s younger sister)—had brought a copy of the San Antonio Light to class. The headline was something like “J.F.K. TO BE IN DALLAS IN TWO DAYS”, with the Kennedy motorcade route advertised on the front page. I was somewhat familiar with the Texas School Book Depository neighborhood, since I had applied for work at a printing company in an adjoining building, in late 1962.

The rest goes into Nov 22 events.

top topics

join