It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Did anyone hear about these?I read on them.Somewhere along the lines it said that they're shapes of the dead and they're not evil.

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
ive heard of them from my friend and on artbell.com, i think that site is closed now

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I haven't really heard much on this subject. If you can please post some llinks so I can check it out. Thanx

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have been dealing with these things for years and what i know is that they give an increadably evil sense. Along with this they are capable of feeding off of negitive emotion ie. fear, angery, sadness, ect. and then they amplify the level that it is at. So far there are only a couple of ways to remove them from your serounding. One being to elimate your negitive emotions, and two being to use another supernatural ablitiy on them to transport them somewhere else. If you would like more information on them from my experiences let me know. I have found this site [url=http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa030402a.htm?terms=Shadow+People+Phenomenon]>here

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
how do they get there??? are they attracted to your negative energy??? or do they have to be there in the first place and you just feed em???

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Shadow people tend to have a keen sense for both paranomal abilites and negative energy. Therefore, when one focuses on there abilities or thinks about these things the shadow people are able to detect this and begin to track you down, which they can do very quickly might I add, then when a person becomes instild with fear from sensing these beings, they are even more capable of finding exactly where you are at and many may arive. There are on the other hand times when they are just there by chance because they do need to be somewhere and it is possible that you just might be walking past a place where one is, or it might be flying past a place that you are.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This gives one the idea that they are thoughtforms. Some thoughtforms feed on emotional energy we give out. Apparently they can't create emotions by themselves. I read this somewhere once.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd just like to mention that I used to think I saw such things when I was a kid. At night when I used to sleep with me bedroom door open, I thought I saw shadows moving around in the hallway and eventually into my room.

Since then, I have always made sure my bedroom door is always shut and have never seen such a thing in a long time. Of course, it may have been just an overactive child's imagination, but they always did give me the chills, and thinking about them now, still do.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
*rubs his hands together*

Ooo, people asking questions about Shadows and Chipmunk i see there, knowing their stuff. Excellent..

In my experiences, ill have to agree with Chip. Shadows tend to be rather malevolent, though in rare cases (and i stress the word rare), there are one or two that you could possibly class as 'good'. Though ill get to that later.
My first few experiences were in dreams, which ive had since a child. Only recently ive termed these SP (sleep paralysis) attacks, mostly for my Doc and the odd not so open minded individuals that i know. The dreams were of a nature a six year old should not have seen and ive come to the conclusion that these creatures 'soak up' bad things (like leeches, they suck up the negative energy - death, murder, rape, bad trips, etc) and manifest this usually as your low end contact (unsettling feeling in stomach) right up to a full blown manifestation (humanoid black figures, extreme confusion and paranoia, nightmares and group hallucinations)

I also noticed this particular shadow, as i would see appearing in my dreams (getting used to its appearances due to the fact i would feel distant or uneasy for days for it 'appeared', either physically or in a dream) started to appear before someone close to me died.

First my Grandmother and five years ago, my Mother. That night before my Mum died, it made a grab for me, in my dreams. I never saw it again after that till the summer of 2001. And it was at this point, it 'attacked', in the open - a number of my friends.

I wont go into details, but they do make quite good stories for people we dont know

A Shadow also usually, if not lurking in your house, close by when youre on your own or in 'negative' areas tends to (and from dreams ive heard from friends, off and online) exist in The Void. No floor, no ceiling, no walls. Just neverending darkness in all directions, yet youre able to see yourself and it.

I also know of one Druid, who when we tried Dreamscaping with each other (hold hands, close your eyes, think of a place and both meet there - quite interesting when done properly) i asked if we could goto the void. Her instant reaction was a plain and cold, NO.

I dont blame her.

Am i babbling?

~Sniff

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
holy damn... okay i 've seen shadow people before, but haven't for about half a year. i had that "sleep paralysis thing happen to me, i freaked out, i was like 13 or 14. i used to be really depressed and i'd see shadow people every other day. i swear i even got attacked by one once, freaked me out. i'm not so depressed anymore, and i haven't seen any for a long long time.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i myself have experienced a time where i felt i was being controlled by something else...could have been shadow people... i felt as if my mind and body were being controlled... it only happened at night or in a dark place... hence the name shadow people...

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If you do a search on this site, you will find quite a bit on shadow people. The similarities of some of the reports is very thought provoking. I've never seen one but have to admit, I'm not looking for one! Good luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezwaxes
If you do a search on this site, you will find quite a bit on shadow people. The similarities of some of the reports is very thought provoking. I've never seen one but have to admit, I'm not looking for one! Good luck.

Here are a couple of threads on the subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres some pretty good discussion in those.

I am going to have to disagree with what most have said in this thread. I have not found the shadow people to be evil or negative. I think the negative perception comes from fear. From what I can gather, they are watchers.
Of course, there are other beings out there that would attack you in the night and such. Those are something completely different I think. We have to draw lines of separation when it comes to shadow creatures. There could be a thousand different kinds. But ... as far as the shadow people... I think they are harmless.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I posted about our resident "shadow guy" in another thread. Recently my wife says she had a dream that she met the man behind the shadow and he demonstrated some disturbing things to her. According to the dream he can move in and out of bodies and take control of them for short periods. He also claimed that the lower one has fallen in life the easier it is to take control. And according to him he is trying to get one or both of us. Hooray!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I see them all the time, i dont go through a day without catching a glimpse of one. Ive only seen them full view twice however. I tend to think its just one shadow being though. At first it was quite disturbing to me, after a few days of research and knowledge gathering my mind was put to some ease. I agree with the idea that they gather around "Negativity" and "Enlightenment"

This being (im going to assume i tormented by one), has bothered me for a long time, it first manifested in my dreams. During a lucid dream (from age 7 to 24) i could "summon" it. Normally I would attribute the being to a part of my subconcious, but i have good reason i think it isn't. Let me start by explaining how it would manifest itself in my dream. First i would have to find an object in my dream that something could crawl underneath and not be seen (for example a couch, or bed). I would then get on all fours while looking under the object I would scream as loud as i could. Immediatly I would feel an uneasyness without comparison. From under the object red eyes would peer, followed by a snarling sound. At this point I could stop what i was doing and continue with my dream, or i could scream again causing it too shoot at me and begin fighting. So I scream again, it comes forth latching itself onto my arm, and causing pain (im dreaming). This shocks me because i know im dreaming, i think to myself "hey im dreaming! this shouldnt hurt!" At this point in the dream, during my younger years, I would wake up, not with a start, or afraid. I would examine my arm where the pain had been and no marks would be present. During the latter years I would fight back, having grown stronger in controlling my dream self, i was able to put up a fight, eventually when it attacked I would no longer feel pain, then it would not come out from where it was hiding, no matter how much i would scream, eventually not showing up at all.

This is where it gets interesting, So i figure the thing must have been some personal issue i had to conquer. Thats when the shadow makes his appearance in the real world. I was laying in bed watching tv, it was rather late so i decided to hit the sack. Laying on my back i begin to relax for a bit of meditation before i go to sleep. Minutes into the meditation i get an uneasy feeling, the same i got in those many instances in my dreams involving that creature. So immediatly i assume i had fallen asleep, and that im going to have to deal with this annoyance. So I open my eyes, im still in the room i went to sleep in. Furthermore, i am more focused than when im dreaming. Realizing im in fact not dreaming i attempt to sit up, no luck. I am unable to use my motor functions for some reason (sleep paralasis i didnt know at the time). Instinctivly i turn my head to a presence i feel to my left. As soon as my head moves i see the entire room, keep in mind my perspective is still from the bed, but i see 360 degrees in all directions. (I think this may be AP but not the issue just wanted to let you knowhow i could move my view) Laying next to me in the bed is that creature from the dreams, his glowing red eyes almost gleefully staring at me. Rather upset at this i take a deep breath to ground my thoughts, I tell myself im just dreaming, it has to be there could be no other explanation. As soon as the thought leaves my head all i see is darkness, but i can move, so i open my eyes and shoot to a sitting position i look about the room (perspective normal again). Im alone, i look at the clock about 15 minutes have passed since i layed down. So I turn on the adjasent bathrooms light, and i lay down to go to sleep, which takes a while.

Since then Ive seen a shadow at least once a day everyday, Nothing as intense as that (bring it on i say im ready this time), however he does tend to harass me when i try to AP, i still have been unable to re-create that experince that was alongside shadow man. Im super close, but thats a discussion for another time. I still feel uneasy to this day when i see them, I dont know if it is fear of the unknown that has me worried, or if they are actually giving off bad "vibes" The only way i'll ever really know is if they decide to respond to me when i talk to them.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHuskyHe also claimed that the lower one has fallen in life the easier it is to take control. And according to him he is trying to get one or both of us. Hooray!

Maybe learning and practising banishing rituals might help you. For example, the lesser banishing ritual on the pentagram. It can be found easily on google.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can only add my own experience with the shadows.

A friend of mine had them at her house. First, a little background. It's probably worth noting that she used to be quite invovled with things of an occult nature. I can't tell you "what" excactly because she won't speak about it to me. She just told me that things became very bad, and that she had to have the help of a spirit to remove some very bad things. After that stuff, she gave it all up and never dabbled in those things ever again. Also her family seems to be very strong in paranomal abilities of some kind or another.

The shadows first bgan to appear after she constructed a "door." Now the door was not an actual door. She made a frame out of wood and then painted the inside of it black. Now it's my theory, especially considering what I said in the above paragraph regarding her, that she accidently created a door way for these creatures to some how enter this world. That's my theory, anyway

She would see them walking along the hallway. Most of her friends and some of her family were very skeptical about this, but one by one they saw them too and came to believe it for themselves. I stayed at her place quite often and I saw them too.

She didn't, and I didn't feel they were evil. To this day, I have no answer to what they are.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
wow thats really kewl...in a way... u say they arent evil yet u cant be too sure...when u see these shadows do u feel different? like do u feel as if your body is tingling or you start thinkin other things?

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weezy ERB
wow thats really kewl...in a way... u say they arent evil yet u cant be too sure...when u see these shadows do u feel different? like do u feel as if your body is tingling or you start thinkin other things?

No, I didn't feel anything unusual when seeing the shadow people. None of the other people felt anything unusual when viewing them either. I was just amazed when I saw them too!!!

So no evil feelings or any other phenonema associated with them... there is a but.

My friend did start having strange dreams at the same time the shadow beings appeared. She would dream of an evil "dwarf" type creature that was in the hallway ( where the shadow people were seen ) and it was in her bedroom on a couple of occasions. When she dreamed of it she always felt it was extremely malignant. She never saw it outside of her dreams... I guess this is a very good thing. I don't think it would be good if you were to actually meet it.

Were the dreams of this thing related to the shadows? I can't say. Only she dreamed it. The only thing that links it is that she started dreaming of it the same time the shadows began to appear and it was mainly in the hallway ( where the shadows mostly are seen too ) so it makes you wonder if there is an aspect of evil involved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join