It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist discover it is possible to live to 5000 years old.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yep thats right scientists have discovered a way to reverse aging in the cells of humans. So far they have only accomplished this task in labs and seem afraid to carry out the experiment on humans because they just don't know what will happen.

"If we reset that clock we don't know what the limit becomes," he said.

"There's a guy at Cambridge who says it's 5,000 years, others say it won't change.

"Personally, at a guess I'd say it probably would be a couple of centuries but the way I often described the limit is indefinite, because really I don't know."

If we all lived for 5000 years or longer or even a few hundred years we would probably all die from starvation or lack of shelter but hey we would be immortal.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
woa thats cool, ill just wait to have real proof though. if alot of people dont want to live to be 90 why would we want to be 5000?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Very cool find. If they actually try these methods on humans it would be very interesting to see what kind of results they get, and unless they give themselves the same treatments, they may never know how effective it was, as they could be outlived by the test subject. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
But if you can reverse or slow down the Aging process, a 90 yr old by todays standards would not be a decrepid olg saggy skinned person but rather someone who might look like they are 40 or maybe 30 ya never know! At 90 you are pretty much limited by your body. Your brain(in most cases) can still function properly. If i knew i could stay close to the similar physique i have now for the next 5000 years i'd be pretty excited, but i would assume that after maybe 2 or 300 years, i'd probably want to kill myself after seeing all there would be to see. If Everyone Lived to be 5000 years old, we would have one heck of a population problem!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We are all immortal, death is an illusion.

5000 years? Bah! Thats nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some people will want to compete to get into the Guinness Book of Records as the oldest physical living being.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
We are all immortal, death is an illusion.

5000 years? Bah! Thats nothing.

Really? Do you have a link for proof? Is this based on a certain religion?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Its based on deduction from my own experiences... and the experiences of others.

No religion here.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Scientist discover it is possible to live to 5000 years old.

My goal in life has always been to outlive everyone.....LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Humans that live longer is the last thing the planet needs. Imagine how many people there would be. We'd be packed in like sardines. I'm pretty sure the planet couldn't sustain that many people.

And think about how long your retirement fund would need to be paid into until you could use it!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Do I really have to wait till I die to give my body to science?

Can't they take me now? I don't care if they don't know what will happen if they test on a human. I'm ready for immortality, baby!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So is this proof that the ages stated in the bible about people living up to 500 years old hold somewhat truth?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This site has some of the people that lived long times.
Maybe it was their diets or their beliefs

www.scripturessay.com...

www.planobiblechapel.org...

they are very interesting...Methuseluhs age at death-worlds oldest living person. 969 years Old

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Who in the hell would like to live for 5,000 years?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i wouldn't want to live that long, i will outlive all my friends and love ones...i wouldn't wanna live to a 100 let alone 5000

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would if i had things to do. I would like to see what happens on earth 5000 years from now in there is a earth....It would be safer if we only let people live to 500 at the most!!!

But for regular people about 200. But then they should put a limit on how many kids you can have!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
after the first 300 yrs, I would just seek death and challenge it at every step I take.

Ya'll ain't going to shoot.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What good is immortality when the world is locking in a corporate (also immortal) fascist state, ruining and overtaxing the lives of everyone else on a daily basis?

As it is only 300 people in the world own almost everything because they print up all the money they want. Would you want to be anyone else? Woud you consent to live "as an immortal," in the hell they have planned for most of us? Only they get to live in their glorious castles of incessantly mindless greed and quests for an illusory growth of so called "power." If anyone complains, picture Dickens novel orphans saying "it isn't enough," and "how dare you ask for more gruel!"

Immortality yes, but with a needlessly bad quality of life and perpetually corrupting government "to die for?" Would you relish normal mortality as the only escape from slavery?

It has already begun with the tyranny of Diebold voting machines. Expect nothing but the illusion of normalcy from the elite, while they ratchet up the pyramid blocks of "left vs. right?" Dividing and conquering they hope to achieve their ultimate goal of misery and death for everyone else. Exceptions may be only a few lettuce pickers who are only modertately miserable with immortality optional.

In the end, immortality is acceptable when the quality of life issues, and basic issues of how we run civilization are cumulatively debugged. Until property rights become sacrosant again in perpetuity, and exploitation terminates, one should not crave immortality. Make sure about quality of life until leaping into immortality. Be careful of what you wish for, you may "get it."

On another score you may remember the motto of kamakazee pilots "Banzai," which means "may you live 10,000 years." One could think of it in a world of misery as more a curse than a blessing.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
So is this proof that the ages stated in the bible about people living up to 500 years old hold somewhat truth?

Well I wonder why we stopped being able to live that long? I we were able to live that long to begin with then why would we stop?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
good find!

I was thinking that the ability to live thousands of years time would be of no use if you get shot dead, or hit by a car!

infact you could get hit by a hell of a lot of cars in that time too!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join