It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metaphysics of Music

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Daemon...thank you for the links...complete confusion reigns, but that has to be a good thing!

Will try and draw what I'm seeing tomorrow, and see if it matches anything. My brain don't work any other way...

Cxx

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daemonicsoul
I was speaking with a musician friend and your original post points came into light. he were discussing harmonics and the such and what you said earlier reminded me of the golden spiral. By cutting the frequency in half you get an octave lower but the same note. below is a link to the math of the spiral. Also it reminds me of the inner ear which is amazing in itself. so what frequency is at center...can it be reached or does pie and time stand in the way? Meditationis great and youll notice alot of the ancient mantras were a form of frequency singing to connect you to another reality.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you very much for that link. I had wondered where to find an image of the golden spiral somewhere, but there it is. Thank you.

I would also like to share an experience, relating to the other reality by music you discussed in your post.

I once went out to Circuit City once to look for some CD player equipment, and while I was there, I looked at the music section. I parused the rock and rap aisles, didn't find much there besides the boring stuff I had heard on the radios more times than I can count, and then I went to the bargain aisle, and picked up a CD that interested me. It was Radiohead's OK Computer album (great album btw, I highly recommend it). I was pretty interested by the album art, and it was cheap, so I bought it.

I went home, and listened to it on a stormy day (which is the best way to listen to Radiohead if you ever have), and the next day, I decided to draw a picture to Radiohead's music. It was very interesting, in the fact that I made a brand new texture that I use in my drawings nowadays.

Here is a link to the drawing.

technofan21.deviantart.com...

Now the funky thing here happened a few days afterwards. I showed this drawing to a friend of mine, and he said that he drew a picture almost exactly like this one. He put in the face without the glasses, the alien lady behind the window, the vortex with the phone cord coming out of it and wrapping around the mountain, the antenna with smoke coming out of it,
and the bouncing currents of electricity.

I of course found this very strange, considering I had never seen the drawing before in my life.

A couple days later, I asked him if he listened to Radiohead while he was drawing the his picture. He said yes, and the particular song that he listened to was called, "Creep". That song is not even on the OK Computer album.

So, somehow, we both got down to the specific frequency that Radiohead uses for their music, and drew a picture of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkly_Eyed777

Originally posted by free-energy
The point is that the history of a note or a roulette wheel affects the universe and changes future history. Your brain can feel this.

This is why physicists say that observing the universe affects the results.

When you say history of a note, do you mean when and how it's been used? All throughout history?

What I mean is you can choose to start the melody on any note of the scale and the 7th note will always seem dissonant and need to resolve to the starting note. The main reason for this is that you remember the starting note.
The 7th note B does not sound dissonant if played alone, it has no history.
If you started your song on A the seventh note G# will want to resolve to A because it has a history.
Because all diatonic scales have the same spacing you can choose the starting note to match the singers voice.

C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C

A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G# A

1____2____3__4____5____6____7__8

Because this is a metaphysical topic I'm noting that for the roulette player who is betting on the 6th red draw in a row has very high odds. But another player sitting beside him placing his first bet has house odds of fifty-fifty because his play has no history.

Quantum Junction?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think music makes us feel all those extra dimensions that we don't see with our eyes.
I was trying to put my finger on it with the single notes create a future history idea.
You can feel time flowing in the music. I don't mean the tempo but a feeling of flow.

Harmonics and vibrations play with the very essence of time. A river has no concept of time but it is the essence of flow. And it creates music.

"I can feel it Dave." - HAL

[edit on 20-6-2008 by free-energy]

[edit on 20-6-2008 by free-energy]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This thread has just caught my eye I will read it thoroughy after work but I wanted to say that ever since I was 16 I have always said over and over again 'MUSIC IS THE KEY

I meditate frequently and I am aware of metaphysics. I am a firm believer that music can not only cure illness and expand ourselves but but can lift objects aswell. I believe that civilisations before us used music exactly for these purposes. However, I must say that nowadays the radio is becoming more like the television , more and more advertising and propaganda (news) and not enough soothing tunes.

I always say to people who ask me how to meditate, sit in a room with hardly any light and listen to your favourite music and watch the mind turn into a television and away you go. Music is the key to everyones conciousness.

Just to add, years ago when I read about the DULCE BASE FIREFIGHT I was intrigued when I read a statement from one of the construction workers he said that they drilled miles down into the earth and whilst he was building the underground rooms everyone experienced strange sounds that they had never heard before, he described it as if the EARTH WAS TALKING TO HIM, and it changed his outlook on life.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I believe that music is the one of our very best forms of self-expression. The beat, the melody, the words, rhyme and affect...it is all an outpouring of ourselves.

I was going to describe the feeling I was attempting to capture and then share it with the rest of you folks. But, why spoil the interpretation.

Emotion.

The second song listed (Edge of The Universe; Standing) is the one which I am talking about.

What emotion am I trying to express?

What emotion do you pull from it?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

Hmm... well, I can feel a something that is from my own synasethesia.

I call that emotion "chlorine" and I usually feel that when ever I am walking around in an area that is semi-industrial and it's a cloudy day. It makes me feel fake, or disinfected with chlorine, so I call this feeling chlorine.

I also felt "concrete" which is what I feel when I think about futuristic concrete buildings. It's a feeling used to describe green technology for me also.

Then I felt mellow, which is explainable with the song.

Anyway, that's what I felt.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I am a firm believer that music can not only cure illness and expand ourselves but but can lift objects aswell. I believe that civilisations before us used music exactly for these purposes.

Apollo is the Greek god of music and medicine.

This is a link to Apollo with a lyre.

Wikipedia

The "Stargates Are Real" thread by Undo page 116
has a discussion about Apollo being an alien.

ATS: Stargates Are Real

Here is a link to a really cool frequencies list that fits this thread well.

Sound And Consciousness Institute

There are hand held medical healing transceivers that operate at 10htz available on the net but I'm not going to link it.

If music raises my consciousness so I don't kill people that's a kind of medicine too.

Here's a link about lifting frequencies and Coral Castle.

Coral Castle Code

I got it from a Coral Castle thread on ATS.

ATS: Coral Castle

From what I have read on this thread I bet someone could look at the photos of the magnetic fields shape on Coral Castle Code and figure out what kind of music would create that image

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by free-energy

Ah ok, lol sorry. I get it now. I guess I was more tired than I thought when I read what you said. Which is probably the reason I couldn't wrap my head around it...

[edit on 21/6/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TechnoFan21

This picture reminds of me Nick Blinko. Nick is the lead singer of the anarcho-punk band Rudimentary Peni. Nick's music is loosly defined as anarchist punk because of the poeticalness of his lyrics and the simplicity of his melodies. But a big factor in his music was his schizophrenia. Nick was able to draw his music for album art and for his own personal collections. I highly suggest listening to some of RP's music then taking a look at Nick's art. You will see how well it lines up.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the band recommendation.

I always love it when I find new bands to listen to!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I came upon an interesting quote,

GOD = DNA = All Biology is Physiology; All Physiology is Chemistry; All Chemistry is Math(s); All Math(s) is Energy; All Energy is Frequency(s); All Frequency is Reality; All Reality is Biology; Everything is Life.

Im sooo going out and buying a guitar...

Anyone else seen Pans Labyrinth...a son of "co-creator" lucifer it seems

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-6-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daemonicsoul

Hmm... Very interesting quote, yet very true nonetheless!

The issue about Pan is very mysterious. What do you have to say about this figure? Maybe this Pan figure was actually a real person who unraveled the Frequency mystery?

It seems that this mytological connection with life and frequencies in waves goes much deeper than thought possible. Ever since I have started this topic I have been unraveling, and unraveling this massive mystery that is sound frequencies.

I believe that I have another thing to offer to this discussion. I was pondering last night about music. I know that there has to be something else other than music that did weird things like I had discussed before. I then began searching for what was the opposite, yet still had the same effect as music. I thought of visuals. The vision that we see only exists in the frequencies of the color spectrum. If these are frequencies, and they could be heard by a machine...what if we took those frequencies down quite a few octaves from say, a painting, or a beautiful scene. Would we get music? Or would we get random notes? If we were to get music what would it sound like? If black is absence of light, does that mean that frequencies do not exist in darkness? Or is that what darkness is, and by the term darkness I mean Evil. Is the essence of Evil absence of frequencies?

I need to invest in an oscillograph really bad. I have so many good ideas for experiments!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

TechnoFan, you mean something like that...?

... or like that...?

4. Color symphonies —melody of morontia color tones; this ranks among the highest accomplishments of the celestial musicians.

- The Urantia book

Alexandros

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Hmm, I don't exactly what you mean by the first one, but the first one looks like an avant garde art exhibit where the artist wanted to make art in a sound program, and the whole art experience would be looking at the art and listening to it at the same time, but this is not what I am talking about.

The other explanation is not what I am talking about either.

What I am talking about is if you just put a microphone up to a picture, or a color, with no outside noises, no outside frequencies, you are looking at a picture in a black room, or a color in a black room, and you want to hear what that color or picture sounded like. Of course, the any picture has flow to it. A certain place where your eye goes to first, and then stops. at the final detail. If you were to get a precise microphone, and run the microphone over those spots, and those spots only in the flow like it should be, I think that you can get a sound, or a symphony from said action.

Like I said. It's a theory, but I am very curious about this subject.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Here's my two cents:

Black just transforms the Light into a different energy. Energy is never destroyed.

Dissonance and Cacophony cause uneasiness, fear, and even pain. The most recognizable form of this is music in horror films.

I have read of a kabbalistic concept where Qlippoth are associated with dissonance.

Certain frequencies can do some crazy things as well. Tigers are able to make a low frequency/Infrasound sound that can actually cause a human to freeze up.

"Tigers Terrify Through Subsonic Attacks" www.centralstation.com.au...

I'm surprised there is not more talk about Musica Universalis. It comes from ancient Greek philosophy and basically shows how the universe is synchronous. Audible music is one component of the synchronous cosmos.
In essence Music is part of an overall larger synchronous system that involves matter, energy, and information.

[edit on 30/6/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I think it's very possible to hear a color since light shows properties of both particles and waves. I believe that, as humans, we can only perceive a very limited range of frequencies. There must be a profusion of sounds in the universe that we cannot hear, like "musica universalis" MikeboydUS mentioned.

Alexandros

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

what is metaphysics reall y answer i want to know

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a theory, on what functions music serves and is comprised of in our reality

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thank you for your information! Sorry it took me a long time to reply. I thank you for also clearing that up for me. I would have kept on going thinking that black had no waves in it, but now that's not going to happen.

Also, that is just another testament to how powerful sound really is. It is amazing that even animals have learned how to use sound as a weapon.

reply to post by iesus_freak

I'm sorry that I stalled posting back for you too, but metaphysics in a simplified form is kind of the physics of...mystical energies. I sometimes tend to call metaphysics the physics of magic.

Ok, I don't know if you are going to believe me or not. It might just spark your interest a little bit, but I have unraveled more, more of the puzzle of music. In my original post I said that there could be realities in music.

Here is a post regarding that. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, what's really strange is that I have proof. Proof of that there are realities contained in music. I do not have proof to show you, so it's not exactly that solid, but my eyes tell you to trust me.

Sometime in the afternoon I was singing one of Radiohead's songs. It was called Wolf At The Door. I had the song stuck in my head so I wanted to sing it really bad.

Now, before I get to the other part of the story, I want you to know about an artist. His name is Gaston Vinas. He made a lot of pictures for the song Wolf At The Door, and then put them into a music video/slideshow. Notice the wolf characters, what the look like, and how they act. They act like they have total power over the humans, and in this story, they do. Humans can do nothing to the antagonist wolves.

Here is an embedded version of this video, complete with music.

Now, consider this. I was walking down the road on the evening on the day I sung the song(I have no health conditions, I was not high, nor was I drunk or tired, mind you, and I was walking with a friend, a witness, so I did not hallucinate) in my neighborhood. It was about 10:00 so it was dark. I looked up at a house, at a strangely shaped shadow that was kinda sitting there, and when I looked at it, it immediately disappeared. For a moment I saw it. It was black, had feet that came down to a point, and had a big tail. I thought to myself "That almost looked like...". I asked my friend if he saw that, and he said yes. Then, when I looked around the house again, I saw another. It was smaller, and it was hiding between two flower pots, and just like the other one, it disappeared when you saw it. My friend beheld this too. Then, out in a wooded area where the neighborhood stopped, we saw another one. This one was sitting on top of a boulder, with it's eyes lit up, much bigger than the other two. That's when we ran for it. I ran all the way over to my friend's house, which was en route to mine, then I ran home. While I was going home, I felt those things. Following me. I could hear them behind me. That's when I started to run home.

Those things were straight from the artworks that Gaston Vinas made. I swear on a stack of Bibles and I have a witness. But I have an explanation of that happening. Earlier in the day, I sung the song A Wolf At The Door. If you read my post I put a link up for, you would know that one of my friends and I had drawn the same thing from listening to Radiohead, which that tends to make me believe that Radiohead is trying to make a reality by using their music. But, the reality I drew is not the only one that they use. The song A Wolf At The Door is much different versus the typical Radiohead song. Therefore having a different feeling, or maybe a different reality. The artist Gaston Vinas, I believe has been able to see into the reality of A Wolf At The Door, and put that down onto paper in an art form.

This still does not explain my story though. What I have been doing lately is exploring alternate realities (which I will make a post about sometime) but let's just say that I have been practicing bending reality as we know it and other reality. So, we can assume that I can fade the boundaries of reality if I concentrated on it. This may have happened when I sung the song earlier that day. The wolves, if you get into their persona, would not like being caged up, and if they had the most remote of chances to get out, then they would go for it. They leapt out of their old reality, and then into the new. That's why they were there when I saw them first.

Now I have to admit, they made me pretty scared. They actually somehow got into my house and I could feel them at night. I had determined that I had accidentally gave them the chance to get out of the reality, and I knew that I would have to put them back in there sooner or later. So, I went ahead and did that. It was a bit of work, and it took a bit of energy to actually do that, but it happened, and now there are no wolves to be found in my house, or when I walk around my 'hood.

Fantastic story, I know, but you couldn't tell me it didn't happen.

Another step in the strangeness and the mysticism in the metaphysics of music.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join