It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Everyone Inbred?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The bible says everyone came from Adam and Eve. This means we are all brothers and sisters, not just in the spiritual sense but the literal. Am I missing something? I started to find my faith again about 6 months ago and in reading the bible this question stood out in my mind.

Does the bible address this question?

An article I read some time back stated that most people die within 20 miles of their birth place. I�m sure this was even more true before the airplane and automobile. If people stayed in the same place, had careers, got married and had children at some point everyone around you is likely to share some of your lineage. If this happened throughout history eventually everyone would be inbred.

Is this why you need a blood test before you get married?

The Mormon Church seems to be very concerned about people�s ancestry.

Do they know something we don�t?

How long can the human race survive if we all have some �bad� DNA?

Can the manipulation of DNA reverse hundreds or thousands of years of inbreeding?

Some people talk about aliens needing our DNA to refresh their own. Maybe humanity needs theirs just as bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Are you coming on to me?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Are you coming on to me?

Yes, Maybe, No, What ? ? ?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
thats what i said in that other thread....well if our dna is different enuff then it wouldnt be a problem....who cares if we are inbred just as long as we get to have lives i think thats good enuff....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Jonna
Are you coming on to me?

Yes, Maybe, No, What ? ? ?

LMAO..... Jonna is male, I feel for it once. LMAO

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
LMAO..... Jonna is male, I feel for it once. LMAO

I am really going to have to get a decent pic of me and use it as an avatar for a while so you guys stop propositioning me!

Alright, now back to being inbred!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The bible says everyone came from Adam and Eve. This means we are all brothers and sisters, not just in the spiritual sense but the literal. Am I missing something? I started to find my faith again about 6 months ago and in reading the bible this question stood out in my mind.

Does the bible address this question?

An article I read some time back stated that most people die within 20 miles of their birth place. I�m sure this was even more true before the airplane and automobile. If people stayed in the same place, had careers, got married and had children at some point everyone around you is likely to share some of your lineage. If this happened throughout history eventually everyone would be inbred.

Is this why you need a blood test before you get married?

The Mormon Church seems to be very concerned about people�s ancestry.

Do they know something we don�t?

How long can the human race survive if we all have some �bad� DNA?

Can the manipulation of DNA reverse hundreds or thousands of years of inbreeding?

Some people talk about aliens needing our DNA to refresh their own. Maybe humanity needs theirs just as bad.

The answer is NO !

regardless of popular belief, especially in the south, it's not true, we're not inbred....

I'm from the south and I know it for fact

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If we all came from the single celled organism that formed in the amino acid goo that once covered the earth- as the theory of evolution goes- then yes we are all brothers and sisters because we all came from the same source.

That is if you beleive in evolution

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
that is very very very VERY true....maybe we should start mating with aliens if thats what your talking about....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

The answer is NO !

regardless of popular belief, especially in the south, it's not true, we're not inbred....

If you believe in evolution then we all must stem from the same goo. If you believe in God we came from Adam and Eve. In either case we must be inbred because we all share the same beginning.

I would assume that and ET's evolved in the same way, but they have likely been evolving for millions of years longer than us. So they need our DNA so they can continue to reproduce without deformity because they ran out of "fresh" DNA. We will probably follow along the same line.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I would assume that and ET's evolved in the same way, but they have likely been evolving for millions of years longer than us. So they need our DNA so they can continue to reproduce without deformity because they ran out of "fresh" DNA. We will probably follow along the same line.

Im not letting the bastards take my DNA while Im alive, they will pry it from my cold dead hands.!!!!..........

Or my testicles.
Creepy little bastards.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure about that.....okay we had adam and eve, then they had 2 sons, Cain and Abel.....

Where did the wives of Cain and Abel come from???

Unless I am missing something and Adam and Eve had more children, at least 2 daughters who married their brothers???? Cain and Abel's wives had to have come from a different family???? right????

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How long after Kane,Able,Adam,Eve..... Did Jesus, Moses, Mary, come?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm not sure about that.....okay we had adam and eve, then they had 2 sons, Cain and Abel.....

Where did the wives of Cain and Abel come from???

Unless I am missing something and Adam and Eve had more children, at least 2 daughters who married their brothers???? Cain and Abel's wives had to have come from a different family???? right????

That�s another good question. I did some searching and the only reference to Cain and his wife is in Genesis 4:17

Genesis 4:17
Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

The bible does say Adam had another child, it was another son.

Genesis 4:25
Adam lay with his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, [ 4:25 [Seth] probably means [ granted ] . ] saying, "God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him."

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
aah, so according to the bible, there must have been other people around....or else where did Cain's wife just show up from???????

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

aah, so according to the bible, there must have been other people around....or else where did Cain's wife just show up from???????

This is all i could find after a Google search. However im not sure of the churches position on breading with some other species.

Who was Cain's wife?

I know a lot of people say that Cain's wife was his sister, but that is impossible. Why? Because if you know anything about Anthropology, you will know that in all primitive societies it is a general rule that brothers do NOT marry their sisters. The strictest of taboos are applied to this particular form of incest. Secondly, if you read the story carefully, Seth (the 3rd son) was not born until after Cain was banished, and thus after he spoke of EVERYONE in Genesis 4:14.

After Seth was born, Adam lived another 800 years, producing more sons and daughters. This obviously shows that there was Cain, Abel, Seth, and THEN other daughters and sons. Thus the explanation that Cain's wife was his sister cannot be correct, because females did not enter the population until after Seth, and by that time, Cain was already banished.

So who did Cain take for his wife?

You need to analysize the story of Eden. According to Scripture, what did God do? He planted a Garden in Eden. Note: the entire earth was NOT Eden, no, only a very small portion of the earth was Eden. What does the Bible say was outside of Eden? Desert and wilderness. And WHO lived in this wilderness? It was Australopithecus, Homo-Erectus, Neanderthal man, and Cro-Magnon man, who roamed the wilderness outside of Eden.

These creatures were very tall, broad-faced, had retreating foreheads (indicating a small brain - unlike humans today) with massive brow ridges, and their bodies were covered in very course dense hair. Note also that Cain was fearful to leave the place of his birth, because he knew there were other people out there who would kill him. Know don't you find this very strange considering that God marked him as the "first murderer?" And how did he know they would kill him? Because this type of very violent behaviour was typical throughout the species of Australopithecus, Homo-Erectus, Neanderthal man, and Cro-Magnon man.
So this is where Cain got his wife from. She was one of these very primitive "creatures" roaming the wilderness. As a result of this successive hybrid inbreeding over many generations, we get what we call the "other races." ie. Negroes, Orientals, Red Skins, etc.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
that's definitely an "interesting" way of looking at it...

or could it be that Cain's wife was from an alien species??

Why would normal looking Cain go and pick a Neanderthal as his wife???

Maybe Adam and Eve were not the first man and woman after all??? Maybe they were the just the first man and woman to be genetically messed with by "GOD"

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The answer is NO !

You must not be from Arkansas....LOL

I know families around here that their family tree looks like a telephone pole

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

The answer is NO !

What type, the small local ones or the extremely tall primary lines?

You must not be from Arkansas....LOL

I know families around here that their family tree looks like a telephone pole

What type, the small local ones or the extremely tall primary lines?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

that's definitely an "interesting" way of looking at it...

or could it be that Cain's wife was from an alien species??

Why would normal looking Cain go and pick a Neanderthal as his wife???

Maybe Adam and Eve were not the first man and woman after all??? Maybe they were the just the first man and woman to be genetically messed with by "GOD"

Hypothetically, if we found out God was an alien and created man would that crush all Christian belief and destroy the bible? Or would it simply give us a look at the �face behind the mask� with everything in the bible still intact and true? I guess what I�m trying to say is, if we knew the identity of God and he was an alien would we still be faithful Christians?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join