It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my account have a cgi bug tracker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I notice my account and many others ATS members have the tracker attached below there points accumulator. This is a cgi tracker to alert some one when I, and others are on ATS. Whats up with that. Why is some one still fritzin with the message post servlet when a post reply is being made. Today I was typing in a message when the message server sent some code back to my pc and sent me to a website called 2woodskis.com. Just what the smacks is going on here!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well from what im seeing via your post it looks like the red X is to do with your points bar, each time you repy to a thread or start one you get points and your bar gets longer,

It just looks to me like thats what you are seeing,

Im not techy minded,im sure SO will come and explain or someone with knowledge of such things

So sit tight and im sure your question will be answered As soon as...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here is a shot of your account. Notice you have no X where your points bar is drawn. You will also notice the property information for your points bar image shows it as a gif served by atsmedia server as 0.gif. My account has a tracker in place pointing to my loopback adapter address on the local machine from a server that reports to my software as a tracking bug.cgi object. I see this same thing on many other members.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

It appears as though your ZoneAlarm (or similar) is blocking ads, and mistaking the image used to build the bars as an ad.
127.0.0.1:1025/bug.cgi

If you search on "http://127.0.0.1:1025/bug.cgi" you'll find lots of people have encountered this issue when ZoneAlarm (or similar firewall) thinks it should be blocking an image.

If that's the case, why are you blocking ATS ads?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Peepers

It appears as though your ZoneAlarm (or similar) is blocking ads, and mistaking the image used to build the bars as an ad.
127.0.0.1:1025/bug.cgi

If you search on "http://127.0.0.1:1025/bug.cgi" you'll find lots of people have encountered this issue when ZoneAlarm (or similar firewall) thinks it should be blocking an image.

If that's the case, why are you blocking ATS ads?

Pwned by the site owner.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

How is that so? He asked a question because he didn't understand why he was getting that. This could be simply a program he has no knowledge of.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

me thinks dann was refering to the question "why are you bloking ats ads?"

which btw dann i found to be quite funny my self..

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

ZA reports it as a web bug. why is it on my account and "some" others but not all members. Theres something wrong here and ZA should tell me everybody has the same web bug on there account and not just some members.

Is the 0.gif an ad or an image to show points. Because as you can see from the screen shots provided, asala shows as a 0.gif and mine shows as a bug.cgi which is common when websites track members. Since it shows as a cgi, I have to believe it is a tracking cgi gif to alert some one I am on the ATS site. I know cgi scripts that perform that very function and they can be used to show all tagged members on a script page or email an alert.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Your account shows no web bug but I do see your green points bar. some do some some don't. No one owns me but me.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Peepers...

Could you look at mine also? I think this is what a friend was trying to tell me about my account here. I do not understand what it is or does, but I was told it was to track or redirect my browser.

The only real online virus software I use comes from Firefox. It is called NoScript 1.6.9

Thank you for brining this up. I was beginning to worry that it was just me.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I see your points bar graph as a image X web bug, not a a colored bar graph. every one else so far posting does not show the bar graph as an X bug cgi.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thank you very much for looking at my avatar. So, I have the same cgi bug as you do? Is there a way to trace it to see where it comes from, or when it was put there? Does it only affect me when I am on ATS? How could something like this get into an area where we can not get into or edit?

Weird...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
How could something like this get into an area where we can not get into or edit?

No one is doing it.

As indicated by the link I provided above, and dozens of other reports about this issue with a simple Google search, it's an error from your firewall software that is almost always associated with enabling ad blocking.

This is not from ATS, It's a local problem on your computer, as the IP address: 127.0.0.1 is always the local IP of your computer.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

ZA reports it as a web bug.

ZA is wrong.

why is it on my account and "some" others but not all members.

Because if you look at the link I provided, and the others, it looks to be a known problem with ZoneAlarm and perhaps one or two other personal firewalls.

Is the 0.gif an ad or an image to show points.

It's a transparent GIF, and at least one person reporting the problem also noticed BUG.CGI automatically replacing some transparent GIF images.

Some systems use small transparent GIF's for analytics and tracking, and it appears your ZoneAlarm doesn't like it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thank you S.O.... as always "You da Man" when it comes to ATS!!!

I hate bugs....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Some systems use small transparent GIF's for analytics and tracking, and it appears your ZoneAlarm doesn't like it.

Of course it don't like it. Thats why it's called a web bug and ZA finds it to be suspicious since not everyone shows (the 0.gif) it as being suspicious like it shows for my account and yankeerose. I Looked on the source file render my browser does for the request of the ATS pages and below you will see a rather odd result. The top image is my browser render code showing the ATS points are loaded into a table 150 pixels wide. Than there are several TR table rows where data is rendered to the screen. The actual 0.gif shows up as my loopback adapter address and not the atsmedia.cachefly.com source.

The below source code screen shot is another member with no web bug attached.

You will see the atsmedia 0.gif shows up just fine in the other members source code. I colored in, to point out a rather odd feature. why is the table bgcolor (000000) black for both examples and another nested (within the parent table) table bgcolor for both members show me with a bgcolor of 343300 and the other member with bgcolor of 41fa80. Yours shows as 54fa80. Is this a shade of black color identifier?

I think ZA is not producing false hits for web bugs. because if it were, than I should see the image properly if it is from atsmedia.cachefly.com/images.0.gif on everyones account including mine. But since I see the same people along with my account showing the web bug alert all the time, and other none tracked members with colored bars for there point value, I believe it to be true.

Definition of: Web bug

Also called a "Web beacon," "pixel tag," "clear GIF" and "invisible GIF," it is a method for passing information from the user's computer to a third party Web site. Used in conjunction with cookies, Web bugs enable information to be gathered and tracked in the stateless environment of the Internet. The Web bug is typically a one-pixel, transparent GIF image, although it can be a visible image as well. As the HTML code for the Web bug points to a site to retrieve the image, it can pass along information at the same time.

Web bugs can be placed into an HTML page used for e-mail messages as most mail programs support the display of HTML pages

Source

I believe this is not an ads generated web bug to follow the viewers page clicks of ads. this is inserted in the points accumulation table which follows certain members when on ATS.

I'm wondering why only certain members are being singled out for monitoring there movements across ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I noticed this too.

"www.google.com/search?q=127.0.0.1:1025/bug.cgi&num=50&hl=en&safe=off&rls=en&filter=0"

haha bill whats this.

aim:goim?screenname=billatabove&message=Hi+billatabove.+Are+you+there+I+got+your+aim+name+from+a+message+board.

But yea as bill pointed out its an issue with Zone Alarm.

[edit on 6-13-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

That is standard php code for a members aim profile. I know because my message board's is configured wrong and anytime a bot crawls my site it sees my code as a broken link.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
Thats why it's called a web bug and ZA finds it to be suspicious

As mentioned, and as pointed out in the links I gave you, the issue is a bug in ZoneAlarm.

The problem is not in ATS. I'm sorry you're not able to accept that, but that's the case.

new topics

top topics

join