It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As you may know, there are guys that sit in a room all day and monitor news networks, blogs, websites, etc. looking for any kind of trace of a terriost attack.

Also, there are guys on the domestic side that lurk around the internet monitoring sites like ATS just looking for any kind of uprising, threats, etc. A lot of people on ATS believe that if you write something, black suits are going to immediately knock on your door. No, this does not happen. First and foremost your name and all the information surrounding your post, blog, etc are put into a database and is tagged with a threat level. If your threat level is high enough then your files moves up the chain and a senior analyst takes over.

Actually people who monitor these sites are not even special agents, just analysts. If your threat is severe enough then you are looked at a little more. But again, agents are not just going to come kicking down your door. These guys are good. They are going to look at your previous posts, read a little about you on your bio. So in essence, if you are always talking about how you love Bush and love his administration and then rant one of his policies, you are not going to be looked at. But, if all of your posts deal with anti-Bush then you best believe you are tagged.

Then there is more to it than that. Then of course you have your analysts that are going to post like a normal person and ask you certain questions. Not directly though, but indirectly. They will agree with you and gain your confidence and they might ask: Man, wouldn't it be nice if Bush was taken out. If you agree, you have answered his question. But, the whole time you are thinking this person is just Joe Blow off the street, but, this person is actually an analysts that is inputting all of this information into a database.

I will use ATS as an example. An analyst spends years on ATS gaining its trust and becoming a contributing member. This person will post like he disagrees with the government and all the good stuff, but, this is just a front, to gain confidence and not be seen as working for the other side. This person will have a lot of points and maybe a few credentials, like a moderator. Most people, would believe that the site owners are in on this, but no, this person will just start like a regular member and no one else knows the real intent of this person, but the analyst.

People worry about people who sign up the day before and start disagreeing with them and they say they are a disinfo agent. But, I would more worry about seasoned members, than someone who signed up yesterday; these guys are trained by the best.

Just trying to shed some light on the intelligence community.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Now if it were me, I'd make a post just like the one you just made to scare some people out of the bushes for a disagreement.

Then I'd work on gaining their confidence.
Just like you said.

I'd wait a bit, but one day I'd drop a few hints to see their responses.
Then I'd just watch.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

I had to read your reply like four times and I still do not know what you meant. No pun intended, I am just a little confused. Could you explain in a different way?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You mean, I could be getting paid to read ATS???? Sign me up, does this come with the Shop matching 401K, medical and dental?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Super lol. Not at all. I am saying there are analysts who are on sites like ATS who are working for the intelligence community. These members are seasoned members and you would never know.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Super lol. Not at all. I am saying there are analysts who are on sites like ATS who are working for the intelligence community. These members are seasoned members and you would never know.

You read my post 4 times. I've never known anyone to read my posts four times. Thanks!

I agreed with you on some of your post. Yes people in the intelligence community do read things like ATS.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by garyo1954]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes I know and understood what you were saying
I was just cracking a little funny is all. I don't doubt what you're saying...

I am sure there were a few analysts sending in reports titled "Muslim Extremists Taking Flight Lessons All Over the U.S." for all the good it did.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I would like to know just how one would come across this information. perhaps one would work for them to find this out. Could it be that our spies have a spy?

Speculation aside, good post.

The analysts themselves would have constraints though. I would like to know what is normally forbidden for them to post, assuming there are rules.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sounds probable. However, that would be agents, I believe. ATS has members from all over the world. Btw, I wonder if I'm on anyone's list yet. Do you know, by any chance?

link   
reply to post by sickleye

No, there would be no restrictions on what they post as long as they were acting as members of the ATS community. The line would be crossed once they admitted to keeping watch.

Covert activities I think its called.

link   
reply to post by sickleye

I can only say that, in life I have learned people will divulge more information if you ask them in an indirect way than a direct way.

Also, no restrictions on what they can post. Because ultimately, who would hold them accountable, since its comes from the top.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If they stick around and read too much of the truth we shall convert them....insert evil cackle here....yes, walk toward the light...the light is good, the light is safe!

I peeked into my file, there was only a two-lined memo that stated "There's no intelligent life here, move along...nothing to read here." Luckily I had my foil hat and loin cloth on when they sent their thought probe matrix to my address.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thank you for amusing the Major. The old "ATS is being watched thread" is as tried and true as "pull my finger" and usually produces the same result. There is little doubt that from time to time there are various government entities that dabble on these sacred grounds, but not to the degree that you might think. There is a whole World Wide Web and ATS is but a speck in the vast virtual sea.

The Major will now kick his heels up and revel in the finger pointing, accusations, and innuendo.

Dismissed.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

As you must know, people who are assigned to these sites have to have a serious dedication to the United States, because you are in fact right, they could in turn start asking questions.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

If you don't believe analysts are on this site, you are mistaken. They hire analysts to do just this. Their whole job is just to monitor sites and report. These are not agents, just guys who do nothing more but sit on the computer all day, just like secret service agents just sit on the computer all day looking for fraud. If you don't know the intelligence community you cannot dismiss this as inaccurate.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Well I guess that looking at your interpretation of how people like me are looked at while posting on sites like ATS . . . I most be on the top priority list.

Bring it on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Agents? Well there's one staff member that I think could be an agent, just look at his avvy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tell tale sign.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Again, these people are not your run of the mill computer geeks. They know how to read people and know when someone is serious or just venting or just a nut.

Again, these people are not agents, only 3% of the CIA are actually field agents, the rest are support.

Also, there are more agencies than the CIA that do clandestine work.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I must be on the top priority list.

Bring it on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardly....

I've for sure got a spot above you marg

remember this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why haven't you joined the Taleban?

I am,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
in all actuality, there are probably a ton of agents reading this site.
just do a google on what ever para-topic and you get ATS links. period.
i bet bush has read many a page here, whether it's for fun or other...

links are strong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join