It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Twenty is not microwave safe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The RFID TAGS explode when you microwave them,
so please serve them cold.

That's why they call it cold, hard cash.
www.propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Despite the humourous aside, when they decided to microwave $1000, the story was very interesting.

It'll play havoc with store security systems though - every time their alarms go off, they won't know if someone has stolen something, or if its going off because of the money in their wallets.

We don't have that problem in the UK - yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please forgive me, but BS BS BS BS BS BS

I just put 2 new 20 dollar bills in the microwave ..no "explosion" no burning ,nothing happened

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
well, hey had to cut some corners to make a modest
stash of (drug) money 'visable'

the added dimension to the Domestic Reserve Note
is exactly that-> non-lethal energy weapons makes
War-on-Drugs $$ a liability to smugglers...as it can
be tracked (real time) and combustable !!

Ah, the web that gets weaved, is getting more intricate & elaborate all the time!!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
okay now that's funny. They hid them in his face
! I wonder if you can blow up clothes? Well we just have to wait and see when RFID is a widespred thing and not in it's trial run. If it isn't out of the trial run alredy....

Netstorm, it could only be in some bills, not in all....you could have had 2 bills that didn't have them in....because if you look at the picture on the site it shows that some are still intact. I don't know if they tried those or just used them as compaison. My guess is they tried them and they didn't to anything.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree that this is baloney- just nuked my new 20 for 45 seconds... nothing

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can't get my twenties to "POP" either.
Guess it was just a slow news day.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Who goes around nuking their money in the microwave???!! Really. Ya gotta wonder about folks.

And $1k in $20 bills is fifty (50) bills. Have you guys ever tried to cram 50 bills (of any sort) in your wallet? And then sit on it?

You know, you could get the same effect if you stacked them up and put a blowtorch on them.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
Netstorm, it could only be in some bills, not in all....you could have had 2 bills that didn't have them in....because if you look at the picture on the site it shows that some are still intact. I don't know if they tried those or just used them as compaison. My guess is they tried them and they didn't to anything.
[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Curiosity]

I disagree, quoting

"So we chose to 'microwave' our cash, over $1000 in twenties in a stack, not spread out on a carasoul. Do you know what exploded on American money?? The right eye of Andrew Jackson on the new twenty, every bill was uniform in it's burning... Isnt that interesting?"

They nuked them all.

Plus what good would it be to only put rfid's in "certain" bills and not all?
Whats the logic in that?
Bank Teller: Yes Mr Smith how can I help you?
Mr Smith: I need 500 dollars in new twentys
Bank Teller pulling up info on account
Thinking to her/him self"Oh I need to give him the "special" bills"
I'm not trying to blast you down, just don't buy it.

Betcha anything those bills had grease or something on them.
Wanna prove a theory?
In a dark kitchen, throw a grape in a microwave, turn it on...watch the pretty sparks.....no metal in a grape what makes them spark?
Just make sure you do what this website says or you will fry your microwave.

Or buy some wintergreen mints and go in a dark closet with a mirror pop a mint in your mouth and bite down. Ta Da !sparks

www.fent.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Please forgive me, but BS BS BS BS BS BS

I just put 2 new 20 dollar bills in the microwave ..no "explosion" no burning ,nothing happened

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by NetStorm]

thats the whole point of the article, to see how many people would actually rush to shove their money in a microwave!!! HHAHAHAHHAHA

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i call bs, didnt work for me
i bet that article made everyone so godamn paranoind.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What's the point?
Who cares?

Surely, there is better stuff to discuss?

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This stuff is silly willy. Anyone ever try pulling the plastic strip outta money? I got one out of a 20 once.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
"..those new electronic monitors that are supposed to say if you are stealing something."

I've had seen this happen before, I was with my brother, and we were walking into our local Fleet Farm, and the damn things went off!

We tried to figure out what it was, just out of curiousity. It was his wallet!

I walked though the sensors with it and, "Beep, beep..."
By this time we're just like, "piss on it."

Went and got what we needed and when we went back out it was silent, i don't know if they shut it off, something.

But now lthinking about it, it might have been the twenty, i don't know.

Just a story for ya'll.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
so it ended up only being a BS story? Could it be that whoever did have the money was being tracked?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is Alex Jones, he is pretty infamous.. I mean of course the Government has to keep tabs on him and his finances and contacts and people he spends money on.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I've had numerous currency notes accidentally go through the washer and dryer. I'm not sure what the exact temp is on a clothes dryer but it's fairly hot I'm sure, and nothing even slightly like that has ever occured to me. They come out a bit stiff maybe, but nothing pops, runs, leaks, or gets damaged.

new topics

top topics

join