It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Images Discover Ancient Bridge between India and SriLanka

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Space images taken by NASA reveal a mysterious ancient bridge in the Palk Strait between India and Sri Lanka. The bridge currently named as Adam�s Bridge is made of chain of shoals, c.18 mi (30 km) long.

The bridge�s unique curvature and composition by age suggests that it may be man made. The legends as well as Archeological studies reveal that the first signs of human inhabitants in Sri Lanka date back to the primitive age, about 1,750,000 years ago.

This information is a crucial aspect for an insight into the mysterious legend called Ramayana, which was supposed to have taken place in Tredha Yuga (more than 1,700,000 years ago).

In this epic, there is a mentioning about a bridge, which was built between Rameshwaram (India) and Srilankan coast under the supervision of a dynamic and invincible figure called Rama who is supposed to be the incarnation of the supreme.

This information may not be of much importance to the archeologists who are interested in exploring the origins of man, but it is sure to open the spiritual gates of the people of the world to have come to know an ancient history linked to the Indian mythology.

LINK

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:53 AM
link   
God 1.7 million years ago isn't ancient history, that is pre history and almost pre human.

People of that time weren't supposed to be able to sharpen twigs let alone make bridges, there has to be a typo.

Hell I don't think we had clothes even 175 thousand years ago, and they made a bridge 1.75 million years ago?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 09:01 AM
link   
91 days early for April Fool, methinks! "the primitive age" this would be...??
sheer balderdash: too stupid even to be silly.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 03:11 PM
link   
MadScientist is back with his very all good posts.

It's nice to read you again MS.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 09:37 AM
link   
but still interesting...

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 06:26 PM
link   
but whats with all of the nay saying about mans
ability to think in pre-historic times. Discoveries in the last 50 years such as the stone road off the Florida coast and the stone homes in the midwest, as well as the cliff & mud dwellings in the southwest reflect the existence of intelligent humans even when other tribes of those regions were still living in caves or other natural enclosures.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yes bob, Baalbek is very interesting. Here is the thread on it :

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There is also a passage in the mahabarata (another indian religous epic) that refers to a weapon that is very much like a nuke in effect.

Here are some Ancient India links:

members.tripod.com...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

I don't know if this is a hoax or what... If its real then... Wow...

XAOS

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Xaos, the "passage in the Mahabarata" is actually a quote that someone's faked.

There's no such passage in any Hindu religious literature.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Proof ? Do you have a link to this, Byrd ?

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
thanks byrd i wasnt sure about that, I kinda suspected it but i didnt know for sure

XAOS

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Erm bob...

Nanotech,quantum tech, bioenginering Mikey with human ears, sheeple cloning and we can't make boomerangs like the Egiptians I guess (let alone planes! LOL)

Um, Australian Aboriginies made boomerangs, I don't think Egyptians did?

either way, they are very simple to make, in fact anyone who went to school in aus is almost certain to have made one at some stage when learning about aborginal culture...

top topics

join