It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds in China prior to Earthquake Possibly Haarp?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi could anybody tell me what these clouds are prior to the earthquake in China and could it have anything to do with Haarp. Is this a common phenomena?
(sorry if this has already been discussed)

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Hope i have added the youtube videos properly.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jingjok]

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 15/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've never seen anything like that. Ever. Any weather experts on board? Comments?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Maybe a circumhorizon arc cloud. Circumhorizon arc

The suns rays hit the crystals in just the right way to make a rainbow cloud.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Quick question.

If I smell HAARP on this one, and you smell HAARP on this one, and hundreds of other people in the know smell HAARP on this one, how long is it going to be before the targets of these "natural" disasters retaliate against their aggressors?

I mean, a weapon like HAARP could be very useful if it had been kept a secret. However, the very fact that its subject is up for discussion on this cite means that the cat is out of the bag. Eventually our targets will wise-up and then any natural disaster, real or otherwise, will be grounds for war. I know this sounds like a virtual nirvana for the neo-cons, however this sounds like hell on earth to me. I don't know, just a scary thought.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
these showed up before the earthquake?
how soon before? so if i see strange rainbow clouds i can expect an earth quake... its another strange phenomenon.
Quake clouds... a new global atmosphere pattern to look for.
something pretty before something ugly and deadly.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Clouds don't cause Earthquakes, but underground Nuclear testing has and does. I'm not saying this is what happened, but can't be ruled out.

High energy seismic blast waves from "Tunnel shot" Nuclear testing is cause for concern. So is the vertical and horizontal shaft methods. These methods have been used in Coal Mining and have also caused Earthquakes miles away.

Earthquakes range in size. You can make a weak case for Global Warming against Cyclones, but not Earthquakes. It's only underground.

Again, no implications here, just theoritical speculation like many posts on this site. We will never really know for sure anyway.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have witnessed 'rainbow clouds' EXACTLY like that a couple times......to be exact I remember 2 times clearly. They showed up on hot HUMID days in the sky above Salt Lake City and I took photos with a regular camera not digital. The pics I have are from 1999 and after seeing the lovely rainbow clouds there was NO earthquake.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thats what is known as irisation or iridescence which happens frequently in mid level and high level clouds. It occurs when water droplets or ice crystals in the cloud diffract sunlight giving the clouds a rainbow like shine.

Here's a link anyway

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Oh and since when does weather have anything to do with seismic activity?

[edit on 15/5/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Plate Techtonics is when two continental plates rub against each other. A major Earthquake is a result of the "elasticity" effect. Think of it like a rubber band - the plates rub together and stretch as a result, but snap back later after no more stretching is possible. The snapping back is the Earthquake.

Each Earthquake has seismic activity leading up to it, much like a Volcanoe does with "belching" before big eruptions. This seismic activity is referred to as "Tremors". The Tremors increase in frequency and marginal magnitude.

Now I ask you, did this big quake have tremors leading up to it? If so, when was the last one? Was it ever recorded? The big one in 1994 in California had several before the final big blow.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jingjok

Strange lights just before earthquakes were reported long before HAARP or any other man made nightmare. Check out the link inamidst.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by jingjok

Strange lights just before earthquakes were reported long before HAARP or any other man made nightmare. Check out the link inamidst.com...

I wouldnt take that link too seriously because more often than not, those same phenomenen are witnessed without an earthquake ever happening. I have to admit though it would be cool if they had something to do with seimic activity

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There's a substantial amount of scientific and colloquial evidence regarding earthquake clouds. New Scientist recently talked about it - but there is a lot more information online.

the biggest problem, if you can bring yourself to accept that there is an as-yet unexplained connection, is that the predictive ability is limited to being able to say yes/no to the possibility of an earthquake. There is no timeframe (up to 60 days has been mentioned), and there is no indication of the strength of the quake, and furthermore, there is no solid link between the cloud formation and the epicenter of the quake.

Take a look at this Jpeg from the OP's youtube link:
img223.imageshack.us...

this shows the time and location of the videos - one is 10 minutes before the quake, and 550km away. the other is 30 minutes and 450km away.

IF they are linked to the quake, they're a long way away and random enough that no possible information could have been provided to evacuate people (I note this, because many people seem to be bringing this story up here and elsewhere as some kind of anti-Chinese gov't point). As to HAARP... I seriously doubt it. The conspiracy theory is that the project manipulates the weather - and all of the research suggests that if the clouds are linked to the quakes, they are as a by-product of ground conditions, as opposed to the cause of the quake.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Seismic clouds are a known anomaly. Check out this link:

www.terraresearch.net...

They are pretty accurate at short term prediciting an earthquake, and have been around much longer than harrp

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

The stories of evacuating frogs, chickens not eating and other animal behavior along with strange lights in the sky would have been the only possible warning signs we know of. I for one believe we need to look to nature for the signals. The tsunami of 2004 had it's predicters when the ocean was sucked out revealing so much coast. The problem came from not recognizing the signs. Man relys too much on their own inventions..we need to return to trusting Mother Nature.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I guess you have to look for large water drainage then Witness before an Earthquake. A natual sign indeed:

The Chutian Metropolis Daily reported that on April 26, 80,000 tonnes of water suddenly drained from a large pond in Enshi, Hubei province. The province shares a border with Chongqing Municipality, which was devastated by the earthquake on Monday.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Reminded me of the huge hole that opened up in Texas last week, they were guessing that either oil production or drought had caused a space underground and it collapsed. We had an entire lake just dissappear here in North ga, we didn't have an earthquake right away though, it has been years and we just saw a quake here last year, a very rare quake.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Good point and apparently drought can play role before an Earthquake. A scientist in China who predicted this and previous Earthquakes was ingored by Chinese officials:

The same night of Sichuan’s May 12 earthquake, Chinese scientist Li Shihui revealed on his blog that Chinese seismologist Geng Qingguo accurately predicted the quake and warned authorities about the disaster in late April. According to Li, Geng’s report was ignored by Chinese authorities.

Mr. Li, a visiting fellow scientist at the Key Laboratory of Geo-mechanical Engineering at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said in the article that Geng first raised the issue as early as 2006, warning that a major quake will occur in Aba area of Sichuan Province where the 5.12 quake happened

According to Li, on April 26 and 27, the Committee of Natural Disaster Prediction, an organization under China Geophysical Institute, discussed Geng’s findings and further predicted that a quake measuring 6 to 7 will occur between May 2008 and April 2009 in the area south to Lanzhou City where Sichuan, Gansu and Qinghai provinces meet. The committee’s report was turned into China Seismology Bureau as a confidential document on April 30.

In addition, Geng Qingguo clearly pointed out that in Aba region a quake of 7 or higher magnitude is most likely to occur in 10 days before and after May 8, 2008. His prediction has been proved accurate in every aspect: magnitude, location, and time. But his report received no respond from the authorities.

I guess he offended China's state-run Seismology Department:

“However,” Li said, “his scientific achievements offended authorities in the seismology field, and Geng was removed from the prediction team and transferred to a seismology newspaper.”

Some in China's frustration:

“I don’t understand why the authorities do not pay attention to the seismologists and let innocent people suffer!” said an angry blogger.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jingjok
Hi could anybody tell me what these clouds are prior to the earthquake in China and could it have anything to do with Haarp. Is this a common phenomena?

I can't explain the clouds though I believe similar phenomena have been observed before earthquakes before. However I fail to see how HAARP could have anything to do with them given that they are very clearly not in the ionosphere

Just because people not involved in ionospheric research don't understand what HAARP is or what it does, doesn't mean it can do impossible things.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
In one of the videos, I did see some cell phone towers way in the distance and right below the iridescent cloud formations. I wonder if HAARP is being generated via these cell phone towers and if so are they connected prior to the onset of earthquakes.

There also may be a connection with 'chemtrails' and these iridescent clouds as per the following ATS thread: 'Chemtrail Science'. So by that, 'chemtrails' may be a driving force behind earthquakes and perhaps the recent earthquake(s) in China.

[edit on 2008-5-16 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'd like for someone to comment on op ed's of fire on the waters and sky just before the 04 tsunami. It would seem a plate tectonic event does affect more than just terrestrial.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join