It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in elves?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
hello.

Ok. before i begin to describe yet another of my weird experiences, i just want to say that i am not a nutcase (well most of the time) and i definitly wasnt dreaming or under the influence...

I think i was about 5 or 6 years old, not really sure. But i was in the living room sitting on a chair watching T.V. (in my old house) My mom and dad were at the other end of the room discussing paper work and bills, you know, boring parent stuff. In my old house, the door was on the same wall as the sofa, as i went to go out the door i saw something out the corner of my eye behind the sofa. I looked to see what it was and it was an elf, gnome like thing. Its really hard to remember exactly, but it had a green pointy hat and was about a foot in height. It was facing me and then quickly turned away and began to run away from me towards the other end of the sofa. Before i could think, it was gone. I remember just standing there and thinking to myself why it was behind the sofa. I then went back to the chair i was sitting on and carried on watching TV. I didnt say anything to my mom till probably a few days later, but of course she didnt believe me and didnt take much notice. (well, would you?)
When you're a child you think anything is possible and to me this was completely normal, because elves, gnomes, fairies and all that sort of stuff is real at that age. But since then i have never forgotten it and everyone i have ever told has laughed and said i was dreaming, but i know i wasnt. I know it seems very far fetched that an elf was in my house, but what the hell was it if i wasnt dreaming (which i definitly WASNT!)

This is something i have wondered for years now, around 10 to be exact. I will never forget that moment and was just curious as to what your thoughts are.....ok, now cue the roar of laughter......

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've yet to see an elf, I'll keep looking.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Did you touch yourself as a child, cause you know God/Fairies/Agent 47/ Aliens, hate it when kids do that and thats the cause of all the bad things in life.

Jk.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i loved stories about elves, brownies, pixies and gnomes however I have never seen any evidence of them so I tend to believe that they are just stuff of fairytales.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've seen an elf. She goes by the name of Skadi

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Elves are bull#! NOT real.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Moon what a great experience!!!

I kinda do belive that these things happen.
My dad swears he seen a fairy when he was 24yrs old when he lived in Ireland.

There are many story there.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
speakin of ireland alot of them think they seen leprichauns.
i personally think that if u believe in things eventually ur brain will make u see them

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i have lived in ireland my whole life and i have to say ive never heard anything about elves leprichauns or fairies that didnt come from a story, dont get me rong im open to a many a possibility, usually involving the more plausible, and less magical, im just saying that the fact of the matter is, ireland is not home to a load of superstitious people who believe in fairies

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was a wierd lookin dog or rat.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i believe in elves and leprauchans are just gnomes not leprauchans.....elves are real they have the technology to make there vibrating frquency way higher than any human can see so then we cant see them....stonehenge is where elves ate a flat based bread before people started to become speciest with elves so then elves moved underground....stonehenge is also an exit for them to leave the undergound to tour the surface world which we own.....they patrol the skys...have magic healing powers......revive almost dead people....and have connections with aliens....they also need to recharge their powers once in a while with acorns....all they have to do is put the acorn in fresh soil and so recharging their magical energy

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
you might find this site of interest.

www.thegnome.org...

there is a picture if a gnome captured in a photo, is this the sort of thing that you saw.
There are actually a lot of people who believe that little folk do exsist.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
When I was about 6, I had a similar experience, well sort of.

It was easter and I was waiting to get an easter egg from the easter bunny. Now, the easter bunny was not like santa in my house, he didn't come when you were asleep, he could come at any random time in the day. Obviously the parents don't want the kid vomiting chocolate at the crack of dawn!

So, I sat there and waited in my grandmothers sitting room. Eventually, I had to go to the toilet. When I came back, my parents shouted "Look, there he goes" and I spun around. In my head, I was convinced that I saw the rear of a large rabbit heading out the door, out of the corner of my eye. And there was an easter egg on the table, as proof of his visit.

For about two years, I was convinced that I'd actually seen the easter bunny. I was very young and I did eventually work out that there was no easter bunny, and hence that I had not seen him.

Now, if I had never thought that there was no easter bunny, I'd still be thinking I'd seen him when I was 6. My point is that time and my age created a false image which my mind accepted as real. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing too?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
elves arent little they look just like us except for the pointy ears and magical powers....they wear the same clothes because they once ruled the world....

and i dont see a gnome anywhere on that picture

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When I was 5 or so, I have seen some light smiling at me under my parents' bed.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
When I was 5 or so, I have seen some light smiling at me under my parents' bed.

lmfao...i see things under my couch that moves

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I saw Elves. Wasn't he in Blue Hawaii?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Your description sounds more like a Pixy than a Gnome.

The usual description of a Pixy is similar to that seen on Cornish charms, where a little humanoid figure is depicted sitting on a toadstool, with his hands wrapped around his knees. He is usually dressed in green, although some pixies wear rags or in some instances, nothing at all. The pixy is usually envisaged as being small, although some are known to possess certain shapeshifting abilities resulting in a height range of between eighteen inches to the size of a fully-grown human adult. They are also believed to take the form of hedgehogs, in which shape they are known as Urchins.
Pixy Folk

Lois Bourne, in one of her books (I think it was Witch amongst us), tells of seeing a little gnome-like creature early one morning washing his socks in a brook. When I read that, I was reminded of the little ditty I heard once "There's a terrible smell in Dingley Dell, 'cos the pixies are washing their socks". I heard somewhere else that for some reason, elves/pixies etc are occasionally seen doing such chores. Maybe they just have smelly feet.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What exactly am I looking for, I can't see anything in the circle that looks gnomish to me.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's a webcam set up to look for Leprechauns ...

Leprechaun Watch

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join