It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would your final 24 hours be like???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well with all this talk about 2012-not to mention the energy crisis,war,astroids,GRB's,CERN,etc..............What would you really do if tomarrow the worlds governments told us the world is going to end,and there is no way to save us?

Me,well I dont know,prolly put on some REM,get a gallon of good liqour,some good drugs,and reflect and pray.Now I dont know if thats what would happen if this hypothetical scenerio happened,but for now.....yea thats prolly what I would do.

Cant wait to hear some thoughts on this......

EDIT to add:Atleast we here on ATS will prolly have a heads up

[edit on 4/7/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm going to smile on those ones, whose live only for money, live a bad life, because their life will... will be not so good after that year.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would like to sit down with all my family for an hour or two to say goodbye, then drink as much as possible, smoke as much as possible have as much sex as possible, take as much charley as possible then chill out

Normal saturday really ....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I imagine myself lying in bed - possibly a cool hospital bed - having a very hard time breathing. It will be a real effort to breathe, and eventually I'll just get tired of working at it that hard and I'll just stop. Ordinarily, I would pass out and my body would take over, but this last time my body won't have enough energy to keep it up without me being conscious. My body will make a few desperate efforts to keep me breathing, I'll spasm and rattle. But it just won't have the energy to continue. I'll stop breathing, my heart will falter and stop, and after a few minutes without blood and oxygen, my brain will continue to die, and after a few more minutes, I'll be dead.

After that, nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Probably do every sick twisted thing I have ever wanted to do. Those things you don't do because it's too wierd or taboo. Whatever, people are just too afraid of what other people think.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Being the survivalist that I am, I would try my hardest to find a way to find safety for my family.

I would definitely want to be with my family and friends as the end approached.

As far a praying, yes I would pray that if indeed it were the end that we would go as painlessly as possible. I would encourage my family and friends to make peace with their God.

Towards the end I would pass out my medication and open that mason jar of Georgia's best shine and pass that around too.

During the early 60's when many people thought we would be attacked by Russia it was common for fathers/husbands to say they were prepared to kill family members to keep them from suffering the pain of radiation death. The plan was to save the last bullet for themselves. I don't like that idea.

Your thread is very thought provoking to say the least.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Walk down main street USA naked!!!

Then wake up the next day to find it was just a big lie, and I am stuck in jail.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would be using my right hand with excitement., lol

Being not interested in money and being a pessmist, i am not sure i would care that much.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
What would you really do if tomarrow the worlds governments told us the world is going to end,and there is no way to save us?

Well, if that final day fell on a work day, I would probably have to go to work that day (they require a 2 week notice for vacation days). . . . ... Okay, okay, okay, ha, just kidding, I'm sure they would declare that last day a holiday.

So, what would I do if we all had 24 hours left until the end of this world? Well, I guess I'd take some potent long-lasting hallucinogen, or two, and then I'd spend our final 24 hours reconfirming what our next world will be like. And I'd probably back-up and pack my memories, and check around to make sure I don't leave behind any special carry-on luggage in this soon to be terminated world gone wrong. And I'd probably call my other shaman and wizard friends on the quantumnexusnet and verify our new forwarding address(es). And I'd call some of my favorite earth human friends to see if they would like to join us and tag along too ~ you know, as added new members of our movement. And then I would spend the last hour sitting around a campfire waiting for the world to burst into flames before transporting out of this nightmare. And then after I've awoken from all this in our next world, I will try to write some of it down before we forget.
Yeah, I would probably spend it tripping my way out of here.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If we were absolutely certain?

Well, assuming I wouldn't just panic and freak out completely, I'd like to think that I'd spend time with my family and friends, and tell them all what I already have many times; what knowing them has meant to me and how much I love them.

If I could, I'd try to find a catgirl (don't ask...it's a thing) to "spend time with" at least once.

I'd spend at least some time telling total strangers that I loved them, and that I am happy to have shared reality with them for as long as I did at least.

Then I'd probably get those few of my friends who can play instruments together, set up on a roof top ala the Beatles, crank the volume, partake of at least one of those substances about which we cannot speak here on ATS, and have an improvisational jam so that I could go out high on music; I would want to die enthralled in my favorite, most beloved activity.

The most amusing yet ironic thing about this is that while all of that sounds comedic, it really is exactly what I'd want my last day on Earth to be like.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I know i'd spend about half the day denying it, not letting myself think of anything else other than the possibility that it's some sort of conspiracy to put the world in a mass-panic.

I'd probably spend that time telling others the same thing.

At about mid-day, i'd kiss my ass good-bye and wait for the apocalypse.

I think the worst thing i'd do is smoke some pot, so at least i could die high.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That and attempting to protect the people in my immediate vicinity from rioters, looters, doombringers and the usual all-sorts associated with doomsday.

I'd like my fellow man's final hours to be as peaceful as possible, really.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
head for the hills!!! i wouldn't accept defeat and do everything in my power to save my self and my partner and family,
but once i was safe i would have sex for the remaining hours..... just in case!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'd call the people I care most about and tell them I love them, one last time.

I'd make the best meal I have ever eaten, and it would be the best cause I know it would be the last.

I'd make sure I have enough beer to last 24 hours.

I'd call my job and if anyone was stupid enough to be there to answer the phone, I'd tell them I won't be in tomorrow.

I'd hit the first ATM I found and draw out as much money as I could, then see if there were any hookers left that weren't praying and declaring themselves Nuns.

I'd make one final post on ATS. I've said for years that if the world is to end I wanted to be there to see it. I'd say I'm sorry for not being more careful about the things I wished for.

I'd clean up the old apartment a bit. No point in leaving it a mess. That's just not right.

I'd watch the sunset, and the sunrise. If we get 24 hours were going to get at least one of each. I hope it's not cloudy on that day.

I'd listen to some serious tunes. I've experienced some great music in my lifetime and I'd let those songs play right up till the very end.

I would whisper one prayer, One prayer only. "Thank you for my life."

I'd hug a tree. (I do that anyway, but I'm saying good bye here.)

In the final moment I'd pop the top on a beer, light a cigarette and laugh cause they always said smoking would kill me.

Then I'll meet you all on the other side.

Game over.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would laugh with my family like I never laughed before. I would cry with my family like I never have before. I would let all my children know how special and why they are special in this life. My wife would know that she was and always will be the only soul mate for me and we would make love like we always do. She is number one to me and love making is no exception to being lazy, we always have fun. That's why we have six kids. Drinking would be out of the question only because my children deserve a straight forward Daddy who does give a damn and is there for them. And then we would hold each other close in a huddle of love.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demonis
Probably do every sick twisted thing I have ever wanted to do. Those things you don't do because it's too wierd or taboo. Whatever, people are just too afraid of what other people think.

You know, I'm glad you said that because I wouldn't have had the balls to. I'm at a place right now in my life where I don't know WHAT to think about the soul and eternity and all that...SO, if the world was going to end TOMORROW then, RIGHT NOW, I'd probably just do whatever I wanted...hell, everyone else would be!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
What would you really do if tomarrow the worlds governments told us the world is going to end,and there is no way to save us?

From your title, I assume we’ll have 24 hours or more warning, but you’re wondering what we will do with our last 24 hours.

Depending on how much forewarning we get, I’d call my family and make plans for a big family reunion in heaven. If they said it would end tomorrow, I’m sure the phone lines would be overloaded. My last 24 hours would be spent with my husband. Neither of us are afraid of death. I would thank God for the life I have had (which I do on a daily basis anyway) and I would walk out of this life hand-in-hand with my husband.

new topics

top topics

join