It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Army truck!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"The Army is preparing to unveil a new concept truck�smarTruck�that is touted as having "James Bond-like" capabilities. The light tactical vehicle, a production model Ford F-350, is designed to provide the Army with an electronic platform to test, integrate and showcase cutting-edge technologies entering the market from the automotive industry." Check it out!! www.4x44u.com...
ALSO!www.amc.army.mil...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh Oh Oh, I want one!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Sounds cool. Saw a demo once on TV.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
uhh... old news guy... this was at the detroit auto show like a year or two ago. i think it was in 2002.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They're gonna park one of these babies in front of every recruiting station in the nation, take all the wanna-bes to lunch, pay their court fines, and pencil whip some high school diplomas and get this war machine ROLLIN' AGAIN!

Yeah, I can see an F-350 with DVD player and monitors in the back of the front seats rolling around doing missions in Iraq in 4 months. We'll put 1200 watt stereos and blast the Iraqis into capitulation with American rock music just like Noriega.

Next stop? Syria. No wait Iran. Saudi Arabia?

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well sign me up now. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This truck sounds cooler than a hummer! Wonder if they ever will sell a stripped down version? Nah probably not.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just a question, is this going to be along side the Hummvee, replacing it, or just for things like urban warfare?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My topics must be clear, No one seems to see them.
Its is a diffrent truck.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is for urban warfare type vehicle.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Right now, the Army has a contract with Chevy for the production of the CUCV (Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle). Unless they have a new contract, or this vehicle serves another purpose, (I seriously doubt combat) its just a TOOL.

This F-350 is nice, but its just a civilian model with some bells and whistles in it. It'll never see combat, it'll go to high schools and get parked in front of the recruiting station until it has to hang out at the next Blink 182 concert and seduce some fresh meat.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
but does it come with free gas.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Pretty cool huh thought it would be

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Gamma Goats are cool!
They go in water too. We could disguise it like a sea monster and sneak around un-noticed.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i saw this on discovery channel or sumthin it can shoot lasers let out spikes machine guns and its bulletproof
and a navigation device

top topics

join