It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
First off hello and welcome to the discusion about Chakra meditation.

Here we will talk of our personal experiences of Chakra Meditation, Share help and understanding to help one become more spiritual aware. My aim is not recruit anyone into any group or religion to promise you of any powers or a better life.

So what is are Chakras and what do they represent

Within every living body, although on the subtle rather than the gross or physical level, there are said to be a series of energy fields or centres of consciousness, which in traditional Tantric teachings are called chakras [1]("wheels" , [2]) or padmas ("lotuses"). They are said to be located either along, or just in front of, the backbone, even though they may express themselves externally at points along the front of the body (navel, heart, throat, etc). Associated with the chakras is a latent subtle energy, called kundalini in Shaktism, and tumo in Tibetan Buddhist Tantra.

Speculations and teachings concerning the chakras have occured independently in the religious, spiritual, yogic, and occult traditions of India, China, and the West. Although having certain basic points in common, these also differ in many details. So we have a number of different chakra-doctrines that have developed in different esoteric traditions to greater or lesser completeness. Source

Here are the locations of each chakra

The 1st chakra is called the Root chakra. It is located between the anus and the genitals and is connected with the coccyx. The Root Chakra opens downward. When active with vigor, it is fiery red-orange in color.

The 2nd chakra is called the Sacral or Spleen chakra. Located over the spleen, it is sun-like in color and opens towards the front. Sanskrit books always substitute the 2nd sacral chakra with that of the spleen, locating it below the navel instead of at the spleen. My research suggests that there is a danger associated with tampering with the spleen, so perhaps this is why they locate it below the navel. I don't know.

The 3rd chakra is called the Solar Plexus chakra. It is located about two finger-breaths above the navel and is directly connected to our astral or emotional body. Through the solar plexus chakra we absorb the solar energy which nurtures our etheric body, which energizes and maintains our physical body. This is where our emotional (feeling) energy radiates, particularly our "gut feelings." Its color is chiefly green.

The 4th chakra is called the Heart chakra. It is the center of our entire chakra system. It is located in the center of the breast at the level and vicinity of the heart cavity and connects the three LOWER physical and emotional centers to the three HIGHER mental and spiritual centers. It glows a golden color.

The 5th chakra is called the Throat chakra. It is located between the depression in the neck and the larynx, beginning at the cervical vertebra behind the Adam's apple. It starts at the cervical vertebra and opens towards the front. It is also connected to a small secondary chakra, which has its seat in the neck and opens to the back, but since the two chakras are so closely related, they have been integrated into one. Although it has a lot of blue about it, it is also silvery, like moonlight upon rippling water. Blue and green predominate.

The 6th chakra is called the Third Eye? chakra. It is associated with the pituitary gland, which is a very small, shapeless organ about 1/8 inch in diameter located in the forehead about one finger-breath above the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows. Here conscious perception of being takes place. It is the seat of our higher mental powers. On the physical plane, it is the highest center of command for the central nervous system. One half is chiefly rose-colored with a lot of yellow, and the other half is predominantly purplish-blue.

The 7th chakra is called the Crown (Third Eye?) chakra. It is seated in the pineal gland, which is a small organ of fleshy consistency not much larger than the pituitary. The pineal gland is located near and behind the pituitary body almost in the exact center of your head at the level of your ears. The Crown Chakra opens upward, at the top of your head. Interestingly enough, medical science has yet to conclusively determine the physical influence this gland has on the human body (probably because metaphysics is beyond their rational thinking mind.) Although it contains all sorts of prismatic hues, it is predominantly violet. Source

Relaxation and Meditation

Now you have a basic understanding of each chakra it's time to learn how to prepare ones self to meditate.

Sit or lie comfortably, and immediately begin focusing on the feelings throughout the body. Those new to this practice may begin by focusing upon a very small area of the body, such as the tip of the right index finger. Be carefully aware of every subtle detail of feeling in this area. Allow awareness to spread to the entire finger, then the hand, arm, both arms, chest, torso, head, legs and feet, (not necessarily in that order). Do not avoid any pain, fear or other unpleasantness found anywhere in the body. [Such feelings are usually the result of Intentions which inhibit personal growth, and these can be "reprogrammed". Fear can be replaced by love, confusion by clarity, and pain by vibrant energy/positivity.

As thoughts inevitably run though the mind, simply relax, and return again and again to a feeling-awareness focus, even if this means doing so a hundred times every minute. Chronic, rampant, seemingly unstoppable thoughts in the mind, are a symptom of stored stress in ones' being. As the practice of meditation proceeds, stress is released, and the tendency of thoughts to intrude upon this process will gradually diminish. Be patient and don't let the simplicity of this method of meditation deceive you. Let your awareness travel freely from one area of the body to the next, as it will be inclined to do. Feel every subtle inner detail. Areas of particular stress or activity will attract your awareness, and hold it for longer periods than the rest of the body. Allow this to happen, as it is a function of natural self-healing processes and energy body activity. Don't be concerned or irritated by intruding thoughts, just continue to return to a feeling/awareness-oriented focus within the body, in a relaxed manner.

One particularly notable value of the above meditational practice, is that is can be done any time during the day, at work, at home or in conjunction with any other activity. It can be done for as little as 5-30 seconds at a time, (as daily inner awareness) and it will still render cumulative benefits, though these are usually more pronounced when the eyes are closed, and the body still. It is recommended that the Chakra Meditation, (or others like it) be performed daily just before going to sleep at night, and before arising in the morning, for 20-30 minutes at a time. Daily inner awareness and meditation compliment each others' effectiveness, acting to improve health, reduce stress, increase psychic sensitivity, clarity and the capacity for love, manifest intelligence and wisdom.

As the meditator becomes increasingly aware of their own inner state of being through meditation, they are also enabled to take greater notice of their psychic environment. The "mood" or "atmosphere" of the workplace is made clearly perceptable to them. The underlying motives and feelings of persons as well as groups, become more and more obvious. Even more importantly, the meditator gains greater awareness of their own patterns of feeling and thought, as well as the Intentions which underlie them. That which is known can be easily addressed, whereas that which is unknown is difficult to change. Self knowledge implies the capacity for self cha

[edit on 30-3-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks for starting this discussion, I'll input sparingly as I have limited experience with Chakra meditation.

The first thing I want to say is that Chakra meditation is legitimate. If it is a physiological reaction to mental focus, that is just as acceptable to me as the concept of an energy body. But I do believe that through meditation, focused mental energy can change you.

I routinely focus on the energy center lacking during an activity, for instance during a run or weight lifting session I might draw energy into my solar plexus with short powerful breathes - the strength or energy I need is visualized and starts to funnel in - and the results are immediate. I can prove this to myself over and over but for anyone else it would seem a 'placebo'
In any case, the results are real and I do feel the energy.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here we should keep all our experiences, questions, progress logged in one place. Once again this is not religiois or group based and anyone can join in, I have nothing to prove and I am not here to change anyones beliefs or opinions.

Anyway here some input on my own prsonal experiences.

I discovered what was initialy HCR Heart Chakra Radiance around 2-3 monts ago after looking for answers regarding both Alien and UFO sighting. I was getting a voive of feeling trying to communicate with me and I actualy now think they were trying to help me.

However on my quest to seek more about these beings I discovered HCR and this taught me to believe Aliens/Greys were infact evil and are no better than Group-Entities. Since I believed in that the voice of feeling stopped.

Did it stop because I was more powerful that before or did it stop because I stopped it I turned my back on the very things trying to help me. I will never know. Thanks to the ATS member though I discovered what Chakra Meditation was.

I have mainly been focusing on opening the Heart Chakra and I did feel many benifits within my life. I have become more confident, more loving and more caring. Since looking futher into Chakra Meditation I have come to discover that opening the heart chakra too much is very wrong. Opening it to much without the balance of the other chakras is only bringing that person self love. That becomes self gain and that is not what Chakra Meditation is about.

When the heart chakra is open the love radiated should be aimed at the people around you not to the Saints as taught in the HCR and The Society Of Light. Since stepping away from HCR I have been opening all my chakras naturally in meditation. Aiming any love or nice feeling to the people around me, I try to send healing energys to the people around me.

The only gain for me is to help others become spiritually aware, No mater what race or religion we are all equal and we are all Gods creation.

I look forward to hearing from you experience, any input would me very appreciated as I am not one for starting topics on ATS but though now was a good time.

Many thanks

P81

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Yes the energy is something one does notice once you get the hang of Chakra meditation and a basic understanding of what the chakras mean.

I have never been that confident in life but after learning about the chakras and meditation I feel a new person. I feel I have gained knowledge from a higher source and I feel that there is sombody looking over me helping me through life.

As I said my main focus was on my Heart Chakra and sending my love to Saints. Since learning to open all my Chakras I feel more balanced and more spiritually aware.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hi P81.

Ive read that you can not fully open your crown/brow chakras unless your heart is also open fully. Do you think these three together (with the others open also) gives you greater connection to the creator and brings psychic visions?

Also I seem to be able to sing more in tune since opening my throat chakra!

Great thread by the way.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Google Video Link

This will give you an understanding of the meaning of each chakra.

If I were to type it I would be on page 100 all ready

Hope this helps

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Yes you would need to balance and align all of the other chakras, If you were to force the brow chakra open without balance you would be walking into something blind if you know what I mean.

Your channeling the energy from Mother Earth to Father Sky. You are the link to connect this energy. They you will be taken on a journey, I have yet a lot to learn hence the reason for starting the thread.

Also I am here to serve others in any way that I can.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How do I get google video to work. I put the doci in as 8101989694941061600 but it will not play or link to the video

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Looks like the video has been removed! Might want to look for it on youtube?

[edit on 30-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I routinely focus on the energy center lacking during an activity, for instance during a run or weight lifting session I might draw energy into my solar plexus with short powerful breathes - the strength or energy I need is visualized and starts to funnel in - and the results are immediate. I can prove this to myself over and over but for anyone else it would seem a 'placebo'

I can relate to that. When I do workout, I always start with a light set, higher reps of 10 or more. I can it "psyching up", when I visualize the energy and force I put into added heavy sets. When I keep my concentration, it allows me to channel the energy toward better coordination of movement, as well as maximizing the power drive. Mental rehearsal, coupled with activiting the sympathetic nervous system allow the individual to realize his or her potential. This is having the ability to enhance the efficiency in recruiting motor units connected with muscle spindles (the mind-muscle connection). You're at a heightened state, and the increased blood flow gives you the pump. It would be rather difficult to engage in weight training if this effect was hampered in any way.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here is the link to the Video on Chakra Meditation

Kundalini Awakening

If you have not seen it, then it's worth looking at.

Anyway my meditation went very well last night I could feel each chakra open from the 1st to the 5th I could not get my 6th open but that's not a problem it will open naturally.

I felt more balance that the HCR meditation but when I got the the Heart Chakra the task was a little harder. I focused on Air to rise to the next chakra, Any love I felt I radiated to my family and neighbors.

Managed to control my breathing better than normal in meditation. I could really feel the presence of sombody looking over me with a smile. When I come out of meditation I went to sleep and had the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. Took a lot of stress out of me and cleared a lot off my mind.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

Many thanks

P81

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hey Psycho,

I spent aout 20 mins writing a u2u to you......but didnt realise you need to make 20 posts before sending u2u.......

great post - i have been looking for a post like this for a while.

D

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes you would need to balance and align all of the other chakras, If you were to force the brow chakra open without balance you would be walking into something blind if you know what I mean.

But I don't force it open it just opens with the heart one its like they are connected or something.

How long do you spend on each chakra? And how long do you spend in chakra meditation? You know when you've reached the 7th sometimes I can spend like another 20 mins in a place thats heavenly and peacful and just feel so with one with the universe is this OK? Sorry Im asking you stuff you don't know arn't I , I forget we are all learning this together as we go along.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

yes that 20 post thing got me a few times

Anyway thank you for your interest, Please share your experiences and intrest as together we may be able to help eachother.

MG. I spend about 2-4 mins on each chakra, I focus on the meaning of the Chakra and feel the spinning wheel of energy spring into life. Like when a Flower opens, You get like a warm tingling feeling in the area of the chakra.

When I do this I picture the kundalini serpent rise to the next chakra, Just like how it's shown in the Kundalini Awakening video.

You can really feel each chakra slowley and naturally open.

I am no teacher on this, I am here to learn like everyone else so the more people who share there experiences the more we can help eachother. This topic is to help eachother not to have one person teach everyone else "if you know what I mean"

Been there done that don't want to go through it again

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You know when we did HCR , I think a chemical was released in our brain that we became addicted to. Thats how they get you to continue HCR by becoming addicted.

Open all 7 it makes sense people

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Open all 7 it makes sense people

Heh, I just posted a question in your thread as a matter of fact on neglecting my Heart chakra. I am introverted with my emotions and wonder if I should focus more on the heart than the others? I know they are out of balance.

I have also been meaning to strengthen and release my throat chakra... but that too is pent up
I am a singer and musician but I don't practice or even enjoy my craft like I should... I am positive this lack of creative energy and lack of vocal energy is something I can turn around, and I'm hoping chakra meditation might be the answer.

I already know the effects of opening chakras and leaving them open, or letting them out of balance, as a result I have almost avoided the practice to be safer... but I am ready to enrich my life with it more often. I have been doing morning meditations on the front porch - living in the country it has brought a new spark to my life already

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I mentioned in another thread that i received attunement for Master level Reiki yesterday.
I couldnt be happier.
I needed something in my life and i have found something that really helps me (boy, has it helped!) I look forward to treating people for free and i am just radiating today.
I have been working on myself because i have been very ill with some flu for months- Thru meditation and the practice of Reiki, i have just about gotten rid of the problem by myself- the meds did not help.

Those of you who think this is voodoo, you are wrong!!! Dont knock anything until you have tried it.

I highly recommend following the advice of this thread!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

The first thing I want to say is that Chakra meditation is legitimate. If it is a physiological reaction to mental focus, that is just as acceptable to me as the concept of an energy body. But I do believe that through meditation, focused mental energy can change you.

I do this aswell, although with a different physical activity. i have beem racing long distance triathlon for about 8 years and found this helps me focus on my breathing and technique so as to avoid wasting energy with inevitable effect that fatigue has on my strength and speed. I have found it really helps with training for the three different sports as swimming, riding and running are all rythmic and with a steady cadence, good breathing technique i can also reach a meditative state while i train.....its awesome.
i find that yoga and pilates is also a great way to combine physical activity and this form of meditation. I just love how it can cut out the noise of life, that constant barage of stuff that is constantly thrown at us from all directions.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of William Buhlman? He has done many meditation and chakra tunes to listen to while meditating?

I'm yet to watch "Kundalini Awakening"

P81, is the method in your 1st post what you use?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
P81 can we still use music to meditate to or is that just a TSOL thing? Prior to them tellimg me this I had always meditated with no music as I found it a distraction.
What does everyone else think?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join