It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Trial of the Century? Palestinians Rest Case at World Court to End Israel's Security Wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks Mycroft, I never imagined that there would be fake maps out there. Guess I sholdn't have been suprised.

That is a post that clears up a lot of mess...

Originally posted by Mycroft

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Have you seen the proposed wall maps?

Here's the map (too big for this thread)

We can call them enclaves, or may we should call them ghettos.

The wall is absolutely ridiculous and it is remarkable to me that anyone could agree with the wall idea anywhere but on the greenline or in Israel's on property.

There have been a lot of maps published of the security fence. Unfortunately, many of them are inaccurate. Some are published for propaganda purposes to smear Israel, others are simply the result of confusion caused by multiple proposals and changing plans (don�t forget it is a government project.)

This map is the best and most recent I�ve been able to find.

Map of security fence.

Notice it actually follows the Green Line very closely.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Mycroft]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Also, just because Palestine is not a sovern nation does not negate the rights of the Palestinians.

Of course it doesn't. What it does negate is any kind of comparison to US & Mexico which is what I was trying to refute. You have to admit the conflict here is FAR different from the US building fences on the Mexican border. Oranges to apples.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
apples to oranges...eh...no.

I don't think so, but that's me.

Palestine is not a recognized country by OUR standards, but that is not the end all be all of world politics.

To some people, Israel is not a recognized country.

I don't think it's apples to oranges at all

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Insult to injury?
Leave it to the good ole' defunct United Nations:

"U.N. request to court disregards Israel's side of the story"
www.suntimes.com...

Excerpt:

"The International Court of Justice in the Hague is being asked by the U.N. General Assembly to provide advice on the ''legal consequences'' of Israel's security fence. Predating the request for advice was a November report from U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan detailing the harm to Palestinians said to result from the fence and a December General Assembly resolution already deciding the fence is illegal. The question before the court has therefore been crafted to elicit a list of negative human rights consequences for Palestinians.

One element, however, is missing: the human rights of Israelis. Annan's report does not describe a single terrorist act against Israelis.

The U.N. message is clear: The human rights of Israelis are not part of the equation......"

As par, and as with the history of the United Nations, in regards to Israel, its obvious where the UN stands on the issue.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ah, but what does it say about the strikes FROM Israel?

The fact is, is that Israel has no right to control outside it's borders.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
KrazyJethro...a few thoughts on this, if you will:

If the US or France or UK or India or China or Russia were in Israel's "shoes," so to speak, do you think that these above mentioned countries would tolerate such suicide terrorist attacks? Would they not also strike outside their borders? Israel is a sovereign nation, just as the above mentioned nations and/or countires. In such, why does Israel not have the right to strike back?

Again, would the above mentioned nations and/or countries and those unmentioned, countless others sit while continually being subjected with and to such acts? How is it that the Palestinians can continually go whining to the UN when it so suits them and yet, at the same time they DO go to the UN, they are still committing and encouraging such suicide terrorist acts? Hypocrisy maybe?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Ah, but what does it say about the strikes FROM Israel?

The fact is, is that Israel has no right to control outside it's borders.

Well, if you're referring to the �Green Line� you should be aware that these are not true borders, but merely armistice lines. Israel�s borders in relation to the disputed territories have yet to be negotiated.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Palestine rests its case today. See story for update and link

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, and according to this:
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/mideast_dc

"The World Court's 15 judges are expected to issue their opinion within months. Their decision will be non-binding but could influence world opinion and the Palestinians hope it could pave the way for international sanctions against Israel."

"....dismissed the hearings as an "international circus."

""It was significant that only 12 out of the 191 member states of the United Nations participated...including gross violators of human rights," Daniel Taub, an Israeli Foreign Ministry observer, told journalists after the hearings.

Only a dozen countries including Jordan, Cuba, South Africa and Saudi Arabia, gave oral testimony on behalf of Palestinians. (Additional reporting by Emma Thomasson in The Hague, Matthew Tostevin and Mark Heinrich in Jerusalem)."

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Quote:
"Responding to criticism that work has not yet begun on the security fence in the South, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said Sunday the defense establishment hopes to start construction there by the end of the year."
Jerusalem Post (Mar. 1, 2004)

Link to story:
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1078027580922&p=1006688055060
(Warning: This story mainly consists of propaganda, if you ask me.)

Looks to me like the Sharon goverment doesn't even care a bit about this courtcase.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by Hoaks]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join