It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Spaceship(?) Shooting Plasma-Like Jets Near Saturn!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+97 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Now this is pretty bizarre! An unidentified object near Saturn was photographed by Cassini, shooting out a plasma-like jet. Incredibly, the subsequent frames do not show the jet, indicating that the object had probably switched it off!! If it was a natural phenomenon like dust emanating from an asteroid or a small moon, then it is inconceivable that this jet of ‘dust’ would have disappeared so quickly in space.

It looks as if the jet has been switched off at the flick of a button!!

Also notice the protrusion at the top (and bottom) of the object from where the jet emanated. Is it some sort of a gigantic plasma gun?

NASA has absolutely NO explanation to offer. What is mentioned in the Cassini-Huygens web page is….

(The Images were) taken on November 20, 2007 and received on Earth November 21, 2007. The camera was pointing toward SATURN-E RING at approximately 1,741,354 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and CL2 filters. This image has not been validated or calibrated. A validated/calibrated image will be archived with the NASA Planetary Data System in 2008.

Take a look. The first of the original untouched images is to give you an idea of this object after the beam has been ‘switched off’.…..

W00039343
27 Nov 07

And now check out the beam shooting out from the object (moving up from the bottom of the image), which quickly attenuates in subsequent images….

W00039357
27 Nov 07

W00039356
27 Nov 07

W00039355
27 Nov 07

W00039354
27 Nov 07

Image enhanced with filters. Notice
the protrusions at the top and bottom.

So what do you make of this? If you're interested in more of these mysterious and fascinating objects, check out this thread, Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?

I’ve downloaded all these images on my hard drive before they’re yanked off the net by NASA!!

Cheers!

All images courtesy NASA/JPL.
Thanks to Curtis Cooperman who did all the hard work discovering this.

The original NASA/JPL images:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 5-3-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That is absolutely incredible, what is the time frame of these shots between the first and last when the jet switches off? i have never seen anything like that before,

I wish just once someone at NASA will get some testosterone and say for once it is not a natural occurance, one thing that does bother me however, why is there not a reaction to the jet? the object stays still while ejecting whatever it is but stays put shouldn't there be an opposite reaction that pushes it away?

It puzzles me always that something so fantastic is seen but they shrove it off like it is nothing.

Nice find

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Another interesting find by Mike. I've made an animation with the pics:

Good question posed by azzlin: it needs an answer ASAP

I wonder what would be these pics appearance once they will be validated and calibrated...

Ed: replaced animation.
Sources:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 5/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow! Those are amazing!
I really wish that nasa, The Gov. and who ever else who knows
whats really going on lets everyone in on it.
We all live here and have the right to know.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
is the first image flipped 180degs?

looks like the two white spots in the background, whatever they are, are always above the plasma source in the lower pics. at first i thought this showed some kind of movement, but now i just think the image if flipped.

and if it is emitting a plasma jet, why is in not moving?

just curious. interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
no, strike that.

looks like either the object or cassini did move in relation to those two light sources.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Another interesting find by Mike. I've made an animation with the pics:

Wow Internos!
I knew you would come up with an animation considering that these are consecutive images. It now looks like the object has switched on its 'plasma thrusters', accelerating towards the bottom of the image!!

I wonder what the heck's going on out there near the rings of Saturn??

Cheers! We may not be alone after all!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hmmmn!,
It is not shooting at the object, but is fact "gettin the heck out of there!"
Excellent stuff Mike and Internos, flagged and starred and back slapped!
Should we be worried?
H

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Could it possibly be a short operation of the Y/Z axis hydrazine attitude thrusters for a small course correction?

I've never seen a pic of these operating in space so I'm not aware of what appearance to expect in a vacuum.

Cassini/Huygens Info

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Mike, the only reason I opened with thread was because your name was on it, and I, as usual, was not disappointed. May I suggest next time not using the word "plasma" in your thread topic. haha.

Anyway, S + F.

Internos, amazing stuff as always. Even if someone can explain this with a natural phenom, it is still a beautiful series of events.

Ok, well I'm pretty clueless as to what this could be so I guess this is just a shout out post. But thanks for the visuals.

EDIT: Is it just me or does the blast of the object actually shift the camera downwards oh so slightly?

[edit on 3/5/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You and your spaceships around Saturn Mike!!!

Now, I've only briefly looked at this, and I will return later for a proper look, but I think what has been captured is active guysers from one of the moons. Don't forget Saturns satellites are dynamics worlds and in particular Enceladus has provided a lot of the water particles for the E-ring:
Enceladus
I think this may be one explanation, though I shall have to investigate further...

[edit on 5-3-2008 by timelike]

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Here's the full leght sequence

"A" and "B" are (at least apparently) moving together, imho:

Sources:

From
W00039334

To
W00039364

Images Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute

[edit on 5/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm literally giddy with that one internos. Save it and put it on a copy-protected disk.

I seriously said aloud, "are you kidding me?"

Awesome work.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That's kinda' neat. I wish at least one of the images posted actually showed the image emitting the "jet". None of them conclusively show that happening. It sure looks like it might be, but can we be positive?

Heh, just looked at internos' full animation. I think my question may have been answered. It sure does appear to be a jet of some kind from an unknown object.

I'm curious as to how the camera appeared to change inclination? Was the craft adjusting it's position during this sequence? What would the odds be of an adjustment thruster firing and appearing to be emanating from a reflection?

Astronomical I imagine.....

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Great stuff, Mike.

IMO, the jet seems like an optical artifact. As the object moves out of the camera's view, the light it emits gets blocked off and focused into a single ray thus creating the illusion of a jet stream. Kinda reminds me of a time lapse video of a sunrise/sunset.

What is that object in the pic anyway?

[edit on 5-3-2008 by d2che]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by d2che
the light it emits gets blocked off and focused into a single ray

Yeah, but it has that odd diffused look to it, that none of the other reflections appear to have. And I kind of would expect the smaller, neighbor object to create the same artifact, albeit smaller and fainter; but it doesn't appear to.

I tend to lean towards mundane, mechanical explanations for these kind of things myself....but can't really develop a solid idea of how this could have been created by environment or camera position.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
As an amateur photographer myself, couldn't the radiation of light be explained by the "spitting" nature of this object?

It literally "blows" something out of it. The best I can describe is spit, because of the length and varying size of the particles.

link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The only reason I can think of as to why the smaller object doesn't produce the same effect would be the difference in light intensity.

The object in question is obviously very bright since it's producing those pointy cartoon star shape thingies(I don't know the scientific/proper name for it*embarrassed*)...

Look at the object at the top...look at the hazy glow/radius...looks similar to the "jet stream" albeit less diffused...

Maybe it looks oddly diffused due to that single light ray focusing directly into the lens and highlighting the space debris/dust floating around between the lens and the light source?

link   
The rate of dispersal indicates, to me at least, that the source of the jet is very close to the craft and it appears to be focussed at a point beyond which it disperses.

What does a hydrazine thruster emission look like under those lighting conditions?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
.... Nice post Mike! and Internos!
.....helluva job on the animation! If my arms could reach, I pat you both on the back right now.
stars and flags for everyone!. seriously though, very intriguing post as always Mike.

spikeD.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join