It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military says missile hit spy satellite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So I get news that the sat has been hit. I rush to find out where it would be when it runs over my place. I see that its going over my place and run outside to see if I can see anything trailing or whatever.... I see this strange vapor type ring in the sky. I run back inside to get my camera.

Pretty obvious where the ring is

Sat position at time of photo

It would actually be closer to me by the time I got outside with the camera and took the exposure. (eastern saskatchewan)

And its not just the moon light making this ring, the ring isn't even around the moon. I have one photo showing it off center of the moon.

I had to rush with the camera and I did not set up the tripod. This was taken on a vehicle. Long exposure. I have a few more photos and they show the ring grow larger and fade.

What the heck?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Anybody else find it odd that they chose to shoot the satellite down when every amateur astronomer and piece of equipment/telescope had their eyes trained on the lunar eclipse?

There's a very specific reason that it was shot down during the eclipse that has nothing to do with the fact that no one was watching. It actually made it easier to track. Besides that it was the first window of opportunity after the shuttle landed safely.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Well, either you're just having fun with us, me ol' super-mod chum, or the missile didn't have quite the desired effect.

i.e; it didn't incinerate the contents of the satellite.

In which case, i don't think it's really that much of a threat - perhaps if there is still any of the contents still spilling out once it is below the burn zone they might be considered a toxic hazard, but the majority of the stuff will probably just sink into our already congested atmosphere.

The kind of stuff which would entertain the debriefers as they puff on their cigars.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
hang on - isn`t this the very same launch that was cancelled because of bad weather?

wish they would make there minds up - did they shoot or not?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
They never said it was cancelled. They said that there were high swells and the POSSIBILITY of it being cancelled was high. The seas calmed and the weather cleared up, and they were able to get the shot off. About an hour or so before they announced they were cautiously optomistic of the shot going off.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Okay, there is a yahoo article saying that apparently, we're still waiting for confirmation that the fuel pod was destroyed.

China's pushing quite hard for the data on the result too.

We can probably expect an update before the day is done.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
v.kamanski on the other thread seems to think it isn`t dead and maybe thye just `winged it` - effectively a miss.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Maybe they accidentally diverted it towards Iran. Better hurry up and shoot a few more missles before it lands .

Opps what if they miss and hit some Iranian "nooklur" sites

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What kind off missile were they using? I didn't know they had tactical missiles that are able to travel to earth's orbit and hit stuff, well at least I didn't know that was publicly known.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It's an SM-3. Theyve been using them for 10+ years. The Lake Eerie has been shooting them off Hawaii in missile tests for a long time now. It's a Standard missile like the Aegis uses, but with a third stage booster, and a kinetic warhead, instead of an explosive one.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Don't know what the fuss was about, must be slow news week.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for the info! I thought I was pretty well informed about weapon systems, but I never heard about that one.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This one will make you laugh.

DR. RICHARD BOYLAN: "THERE'S AN ASTRONAUT ON THAT FALLING SATELLITE"!

According to Richard Boylan there was an Alien/Human hybrid on that satellite created by the secret government/cabal and as usual he offers no evidence to back up his absurd claims.

link to article.

www.fourwinds10.com...

[edit on 21-2-2008 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Anybody else find it odd that they chose to shoot the satellite down when every amateur astronomer and piece of equipment/telescope had their eyes trained on the lunar eclipse?

I think the eclipse made it easier to film the event for them.

Also, we had a lot of satellite reception problems last night in Canada. Many TV channels were not completely down, but had a lot of pixellisation. I had never seen such a thing. I'm sure there was some scrambling going on up there.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Netstriker]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This wasn't a normal missle hitting a normal object, because of that the news reports won't really be specific. This was a 2 parter. First was for the safety. (Both because of the materials aboard, and in case anything sensitive survived the fall, don't want anyone else getting that). Second was to show China we could in response to their weapon tests.

China is the U.S.S.R. for today. We are starting a new race to the Moon with them (a whole other topic) and weapons display race.

Oh sure, we could use technology to actually better mankind, but...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
So I get news that the sat has been hit. I rush to find out where it would be when it runs over my place. I see that its going over my place and run outside to see if I can see anything trailing or whatever.... I see this strange vapor type ring in the sky. I run back inside to get my camera.

Pretty obvious where the ring is

Sat position at time of photo
[ats]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7199/positiondv8.jpg[/ats

What the heck?

Amazing! Your photo looks exactly like what is on the video, which the Pentagon described as a vapor cloud from the hydrazine:

Shoot down video

Can you please put up all your photos, in real size?

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Netstriker]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Front page news story on CNN's website, Pentagon confident satellite's toxic fuel destroyed.

Also has what appears to be the first pics of the strike:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
According to Richard Boylan there was an Alien/Human hybrid on that satellite created by the secret government/cabal and as usual he offers no evidence to back up his absurd claims.

Wow...I'm just...wow.

So, let me get this straight, he claims we can get all this super-advanced hybrid technology, stuff it on a sattellite, but we still need a guy onboard to run it? Someone should show these Aliens a remote control.

kindred, that's the best thing I've read in a while. Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PragueSpring

Who's word do we have? Cartwright. Ponderosa was better written. Smallest piece a football? OK let's see the doctered photos Mr. USA Uncle Sam "protector" of the sheep. Thanx, I'll wait for the Russkies and Chinese to confirm. Personally, I think they missed or didn't get a clean hit.

I'd expect another shot overt or covert... don't matter.

I don't trust anyone about this specific topic, especially here... never know who's agents are in "the machine" in what nation sayin' "what" about what they'd prefer folks to buy as "truth" today. Yep, don't trust a one without confirmation...

Vic

[edit on 21-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
got anymore pics of the intact sat? you said in another thread it had been observed for 2 passes after the missile shot

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join