It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel channels secret of dams. Safety hazard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well i was watching the travel channel yesterday and they were giving out all information how one dam can devour a whole city with water secret entrys and all information consisting of how dams are made etc could that be a safety hazard if someone wanted to harm the dam and making it break or collapse leading all the water to rush out?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah I imagine blowing up a dam can create a lot of problems in the right places. Now everything has to be under lock and key in order to preserve some sense of openness in this society. Too bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yupp too bad if the wrong people saw it then we have a problem i hope not thought

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I live near Shasta Dam in Calif. It was locked up and barracated just after 9/11 .
tey just stated letting you walk across it a year ago or so.
when the terr level gos up it closed up
oh and garded 24/7 with m-guns

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
could you imagine how much flooding would oocur if the hoover dam was destroyed?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It's funny that you started this post, for the longest time someone told me that if a dam in oregon were to blow up (i forget which dam) it would cause the portland to completely submerge, now, i'm not sure if that is true or not, but if it were, talk about wiping out a states population by atleast a 1/3.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
lol i thought to myself last night if someone were to go in a car and drive over the hover dam it would be chaos
and practically hell and that when i started this post lol
i was thinking how much of a safety hazard it could be.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes terrorists know how destructive the waters behind a damn could be. That's why the big ones are usually guarded with machine guns. Especially after sept. 11th. I wonder how much destruction a dam such as Hover would create if it was destroyed.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If hoovers generators were damaged what would Vegas use for power?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
dude, if u are a terrorist and are getting your hit list from the history channel...u are the terrorist that we don't need to worry about.............................

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
well who would have thought the terrorsit were using Microsofts flight simulator to learn to fly?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Maybe i never thought of that i have flight simulator 2000 and i cant fly for nothing cant even land the helicopter and i dont know how they would be able too fly a plane but thats a good thought.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
dude, if u are a terrorist and are getting your hit list from the history channel...u are the terrorist that we don't need to worry about.............................

haha, yeah, basically...

and yeah, i would assume that a dam break would be incredibly devastating. that would take A LOT to make happen though, but then again, so did 9/11.

new topics

top topics

join